Sportscene highlights

grizzlyg

I hate Sky's (only interested in old firm) coverage but Jeez watching sportscene highlights late last night was painful.  Every highlighted game interrupted with comments from manager. Stephen Thompson obviously been trained by David Currie as patter honking.  He even tried to get Marvin Bartley to say who he thought would be relegated. Ye cos a current SPL player is going to say on tv which team will go down.    Bring back Archie McPherson!

I never understand why they insist on having ex-players as presenters. By all means use them as pundits, but being the main host of a programme, like most jobs, is a skill that takes years to learn and needs the talent of a seasoned professional broadcaster. 

19 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I never understand why they insist on having ex-players as presenters. By all means use them as pundits, but being the main host of a programme, like most jobs, is a skill that takes years to learn and needs the talent of a seasoned professional broadcaster. 

Yes but Steven Thompson comes with 2 not inconsiderable pluses. He did play for Sevco and St Mirren. You shouldn’t underestimate that. 

I know I'm getting old and nostalgic, but the old guard of sports commentators and presenters (Archie McPherson, Arthur Montford, Des Lynam, David Vine, Harry Carpenter, David Coleman, Bill McLaren, Ron Pickering etc.)  were never bettered. Probably because the training ground for those guys doesn't really exist any more.

Even David Icke was better than most of today's lot, and he's a certifiable loon.

• Haha 1

I quite like Steven Thomson (and Mikey Stewart) as pundits. They are a very good double act. But Tommo is honking as a presenter. I truly hope he is only covering whilst Johnathon Wotsisname is on holiday, otherwise it could be a desperately long season!

46 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I quite like Steven Thomson (and Mikey Stewart) as pundits. They are a very good double act. But Tommo is honking as a presenter. I truly hope he is only covering whilst Johnathon Wotsisname is on holiday, otherwise it could be a desperately long season!

Nope, I believe he is in it for the long run :wallbash:

• Sad 1