Season 2020'21: Game 2 Dundee Utd (H)

Andy_P

XI: Carson, Grimshaw, Gallagher, Mugabi, Lamie, O'Hara, Campbell, Turnbull, Seedorf, Hastie, Long.

Subs: Fox, White, Hylton, Maguire, Polworth, Robinson, Johnston, Hussain, Watt.

Looks like Lamie at LB. Seems Robinson has learned from the mistakes of Monday and put Turnbull central and brought back Alan Campbell.

I'm a big fan of Long but I think Watt can feel a bit hard done by so far tbh.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Agreed given how poor Hastie was on Monday, but can Watt play on the wing?

Exactly. Hastie wasn't great on Monday, but I think some people are being a bit harsh because Rangers. If Robinson wants 2 wide, Hastie is a better option and we need to give the team a few games to get into their stride. As poor as a result as it was, we were the better team for large parts and we could easily have won that game if our strikers had taken their chances.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

Play Turnbull till we sell him then introduce a fresh Polworth.

I think that was exactly the plan when we signed Polworth. He seemed like the Turnbull replacement before it all went pear shaped. If Turnbull is fit and on form he should be first on the team sheet every week.

Feels really strange knowing the side are about to play in front of no fans, I've not missed a competitive home game since early 2012. Has anyone got a long record of attending games being brought to an end?

Hopefully we can get three points in the bag today.  

Donnelly must be isolating because he's embarrassed about that penalty. Why someone getting a false positive is top secret is beyond me. This is the first time I've heard of anyone being out with a false positive as well so we are making history. 

Long needs to up his game. He either scores or is an empty jersey and he doesn't score enough to justify that. 

53 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Aye, if I was Watt I'd be furious that Hastie is in before me.  

Im hoping this post is a joke or typo and you meant Long. Cause otherwise its just bizarre! It would be like saying Scott Fox should be furious that Mark O'Hara is playing :lol:

3 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Will be interesting how Seedorf & Hastie line up, on their "proper" wings or inverted. Very very poor from Robbo up front. Long is bollocks on his own, Watt is a far superior lone striker

If we are punting high balls Long is pointless. If we are passing to his feet or behind the defence, he'll do much better.