Season 2020’21: Game 3 Livingston (home)

texanwellfan

2 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I think people are being too harsh on Grimshaw, he gets up and down the park and does a good enough job when he's doing that. Once we have a left back that can do that on the other side then we can get back to using the system that works. No point in one full back getting forward and the other now as it unbalances the full team. 

At least his suspension gives Lang time to get up to fitness and what we do. 

Can only assume Watt is carrying some sort of knock as otherwsie you'd definitely have him on the park last night at some stage.

Yes and no. We all are aware that Grimmy is fit and can run all day. But his defensive abilities and awareness are very poor. And costing us goals in every other game.  If I had to choose I would pick a right back that would stop us conceding goals than one that is competent going forward. We have 9 other players on the park that could help us go on the front foot. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Just the 2 so I suspect he will start on Saturday or if not fit enough come off the bench at some point. 

We could do with another right back and left back option. Sadly we have 3 left backs / left sided defenders injured. I know Robinson said we would look for a replacement even temporary until Xmas. If so do it as soon as possible. 

In our current situation I might be tempted to try Hastie at left back. I think he does well with his defensive duties but has just not worked playing out wide right. I think he has a lot of the qualities required for a full back and would probably have more space to exploit coming from the left back position. 

48 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I think people are being too harsh on Grimshaw, he gets up and down the park and does a good enough job when he's doing that. Once we have a left back that can do that on the other side then we can get back to using the system that works. No point in one full back getting forward and the other now as it unbalances the full team. 

At least his suspension gives Lang time to get up to fitness and what we do. 

Can only assume Watt is carrying some sort of knock as otherwsie you'd definitely have him on the park last night at some stage.

I don’t like having a pop at players but Grimmy is really limited , he just seems to run the direction he’s facing.....if he’s playing defence he’s got to keep switched on , too many goals coming down the right

• Like 2

I can understand why White played last night, and why Robinson kept him on so long. With the amount of balls being thrown into our own box from set pieces or throws I thought he defended them well.

He still doesn't look to have the quality to lead the attack but we'll see how he settles into the team.

As for Long, his late arrival after the summer and appearances since are reminiscent of Scott Mcdonald, sign days before the season starts having missed pre-season then spend the next 6 weeks dragging his fat arse around until he gets up to speed. 

As a few have said Hartley's constant talking to his team mates and organising are missed as well as his determination. Our defense at the moment are very rarely available to get or want the ball from our midfield meaning they are easily dispossessed sometimes as no one to pass to. The miss up front is no one can keep the ball which whilst some on here used to slag Cole and scott if there was nothing on they would recycle the ball back to our midfield then we could start again.  Plus as Robinson alluded to last night was that some are whinging about not playing as they THINK they should be as they were last year. We have a big squad of 1st team type players and his job is to try and keep them happy but imo only the top top players can be rotated and not players at our level . We need to find a settled team soon . With all the negativity it's funny that I felt last night was worse than other 2 games but we got a point last night and nothing from other 2. That's football and being a well fan I suppose

On 8/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, texanwellfan said:

In our current situation I might be tempted to try Hastie at left back. I think he does well with his defensive duties but has just not worked playing out wide right. I think he has a lot of the qualities required for a full back and would probably have more space to exploit coming from the left back position. 

Hastie is an absolute bombscare anytime he goes near the park. I think this is mostly due to the long time since he actually had a competitive run of games but he is nowhere near ready to play in such an important position. The guy can hardly stay on his feet and as for his strength I cannot see him out muscling a ball boy never mind another professional footballer