Season 2020’21: Game 4 Hibernian (away)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

We lack any cutting edge - plenty of effort.

none of the wingers have been any use , Hastie , Seedorf and Hylton have been poor.

id be tempted to go 4-4-2 for future games 

I genuinely think the days of the traditional knock it and run winger are numbered. Ours in particular are nullified pretty easily by fullbacks with pace. On a positive note, we passed it a lot better today and with a bit of a break in the box might have taken 3 points home. Much better performance and I'd have taken a clean sheet before the game with both hands. COYW 

Thought we held “free scoring” Hibs very well. Carson only had 1 real save I think.  Midfield was much much better. Campbell was great and Turnbull much more involved. Now if we can get a bit more out of the forwards we’ll start going in the right direction.  We should get O’Donnell signed up for the season. 

Far better showing today, and I felt that we were the better team. I’ll go with the old cliche of taking a point before the game though, cos I thought we were going to get hammered.

Lamie and O’Hara looked far better today, and we weren’t troubled by their wingers at all. O’Donnell made a huge difference, and fuck knows how Turnbull was able to play him in at center forward at some point.

Campbell was immense and I sincerely hope he gets back what he’s put into his game. As great as Turnbull is, watching Campbell improve is a joy.

Lang certainly offers something, but we still look ineffective up front. White improved when he started coming short, but I’m still not convinced by him.

Much better from us,the defence was solid,o'donnell is definitely an upgrade on grimshaw and fair play to lamie that was his best game for us.we dominated the middle of the park,no surprise when wee alan was as good as he was today and turnbull is well on the way to getting back to his best,there's work to be done on the forward line though.its disappointing we didn't get the 3 points but that performance is something to build on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

I genuinely think the days of the traditional knock it and run winger are numbered. Ours in particular are nullified pretty easily by fullbacks with pace. On a positive note, we passed it a lot better today and with a bit of a break in the box might have taken 3 points home. Much better performance and I'd have taken a clean sheet before the game with both hands. COYW 

You may be right but there were several occasions where we should have knocked it behind their full back early although having said that the wingers don’t seem to have a good knack of knowing when to make the run