Lamie

Campbell

O'Hara

Turnbull

Seedorf

Watt

Hylton

Hoping to avoid a pumping.

Would agree with this, possibly Lang in for Seedorf but appreciate he's unlikely to start with only about ten minutes of football to his name so far.

25 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Would agree with this, possibly Lang in for Seedorf but appreciate he's unlikely to start with only about ten minutes of football to his name so far.

I think Lang will start, lots of subs to use if he tires.

Our defence needs to be on it or we could be in for a long night. Hibs are one of few teams to play with two proper strikers and Boyle’s pace from wide tends to give us issues. However, with two in central midfield there is an opportunity for us to dominate if Turnbull and O’Hara can match Campbell’s effort. 

Will be interesting to see how the players respond to Robinson’s scathing assessment on Wed. Loss of form and confidence is acceptable. Loss of commitment and desire far less so, particularly at a time when the club and many fans are going to great lengths to keep the show on the road. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Best way to tackle Hibs is attacking. Given our defensive problems, even more important to be on the front foot for this game.

Like to see what Lang can do at some point as I thought he looked lively in his first outing.

Brilliant idea attack them and allow their 2 wingers to break against our pish full backs   get yer sun hat back on 

It’ll be good to welcome Lang back although he needs game time - hope he keeps head this time. Is O’Donnell fit enough to feature? If so, will he play on the right or left? That will depend on who is deemed to be the weakest at full back, Grimmy or Lamie. 

Update Robbo confirmed he’ll be playing on the left. IF O’Donnell starts then I’d expect Lamie to switch to the middle. 

55 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Brilliant idea attack them and allow their 2 wingers to break against our pish full backs   get yer sun hat back on 

You think we're better off sitting in and letting our "pish fullbacks" defend for 90 minutes?

Maybe you need to get out the basement and grab yourself some sunshine.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

It’ll be good to welcome Lang back although he needs game time - hope he keeps head this time. Is O’Donnell fit enough to feature? If so, will he play on the right or left? That will depend on who is deemed to be the weakest at full back, Grimmy or Lamie. 

Update Robbo confirmed he’ll be playing on the left. IF O’Donnell starts then I’d expect Lamie to switch to the middle. 

Robinson is an idiot. 

If Grimmy isn't a right back and O'Donnell isn't a left back wouldn't it make sense at the very least to put Grimshaw at left back and O'Donnell at right back so we only have one player out of position?

I mean it'd make even more sense to put Lamie at left back and O'Donnell at right back but that'd be far too fuckin sensible.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

If Grimmy isn't a right back and O'Donnell isn't a left back wouldn't it make sense at the very least to put Grimshaw at left back and O'Donnell at right back so we only have one player out of position?

I mean it'd make even more sense to put Lamie at left back and O'Donnell at right back but that'd be far too fuckin sensible.

Can you imagine Grimmy trying to kick the ball with his left foot?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

O'Donnell has played at left back a number of times and is a natural full back. If you are making someone switch it's far better to switch someone like that than stick Grimmy there. Positioning is half the battle and if you normally play full back it comes naturally.

I have zero confidence in Lamie at left back after the Livi game. He was a mile out for most of it, 100% to blame for the 1st goal and played a big part in losing the second. Any time Livi attacked down the right wing he was caught out. (I don't blame him for not being very good, as it's not really his position).

The irony is we had Carroll, Dunne, McGinley and even Donnelly that can play left back and only Grimmy on the right - and we are struggling to fill the LB slot.

I'd be delighted if Lamie's performance was just a temporary blip and he plays a blinder there in the future with O'Donnell at RB, but I'll need convincing.

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

O'Donnell has played at left back a number of times and is a natural full back. If you are making someone switch it's far better to switch someone like that than stick Grimmy there. Positioning is half the battle and if you normally play full back it comes naturally.

I have zero confidence in Lamie at left back after the Livi game. He was a mile out for most of it, 100% to blame for the 1st goal and played a big part in losing the second. Any time Livi attacked down the right wing he was caught out. (I don't blame him for not being very good, as it's not really his position).

The irony is we had Carroll, Dunne, McGinley and even Donnelly that can play left back and only Grimmy on the right - and we are struggling to fill the LB slot.

I'd be delighted if Lamie's performance was just a temporary blip and he plays a blinder there in the future with O'Donnell at RB, but I'll need convincing.

A number of times? That many that he cannae remember...

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

A number of times? That many that he cannae remember...

"I think I played LB at Partick" (5+ yr ago) = Has played LB many times apparently

Lamie has ACTUALLY played LB a number of times over the last few years with Livvy & Morton. He may have had a 'mare on wed nite, but Grimshaw was pish too, and has been utter dugshite in every game so far. So surely if you have 2 poor full backs, you play the fucking international player in his proper position to make at least 1 side stronger? 

So we are gonna play a Hibs team at Easter Road, who are absolutely flying, probably with a Right Back at Left Back, a Left Winger at Right Wing, a Striker at Left Wing and a Division 2 Striker as TM, PLUS Grimshaw & Mugabi.................. and Watt on the bench? Just an absolute joke

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Shaka said:

"I think I played LB at Partick" (5+ yr ago) = Has played LB many times apparently

Lamie has ACTUALLY played LB a number of times over the last few years with Livvy & Morton. He may have had a 'mare on wed nite, but Grimshaw was pish too, and has been utter dugshite in every game so far. So surely if you have 2 poor full backs, you play the fucking international player in his proper position to make at least 1 side stronger? 

So we are gonna play a Hibs team at Easter Road, who are absolutely flying, probably with a Right Back at Left Back, a Left Winger at Right Wing, a Striker at Left Wing and a Division 2 Striker as TM, PLUS Grimshaw & Mugabi.................. and Watt on the bench? Just an absolute joke

Agree 100% mate. It's a scary thought

Tough game, I would take a point right now. I expect the back four to include O’Donnell to play on the left with Lamie in the centre with Gallagher. Up front Lang and Seedorf on the wings with Watt in the centre. A good few players need to up their game and I’m talking about midfield here, the strikers need better service at times and I’m personally more disappointed with the midfield players than any other area given the quality we have there.

• Like 1