Season 2020’21: Game 4 Hibernian (away)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Tough game, I would take a point right now. I expect the back four to include O’Donnell to play on the left with Lamie in the centre with Gallagher. Up front Lang and Seedorf on the wings with Watt in the centre. A good few players need to up their game and I’m talking about midfield here, the strikers need better service at times and I’m personally more disappointed with the midfield players than any other area given the quality we have there.

On the money as usual. If the midfield can shield our defence and support our striker then that will make everyone's life that bit easier. They need to hassle, harry and upset Hibs today. Get in their faces. There are some mitigating circumstances of course like DT not being back to normal yet. 

4 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Got a wee feeling it could be a good evening for us. Hopefully Robinson's words after the Livi game will still be ringing in the players ears.

Would start Watt and excited to see more of Lang.

Going for a shock 2-1 

Got a wee feeling you’ve been on the houch

21 hours ago, weeyin said:

Best way to tackle Hibs is attacking. Given our defensive problems, even more important to be on the front foot for this game.

Like to see what Lang can do at some point as I thought he looked lively in his first outing.

Hibs have 3 wins out of 3 and have never dominated possession in any match.

They'll let us come forward and play on the counter.  

They have been much more clinical up top than we have (nearly twice as likely to score from a shot) so I think they'll fancy their chances even if they don't create a lot.

2 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

Got a wee feeling it could be a good evening for us. Hopefully Robinson's words after the Livi game will still be ringing in the players ears.

Would start Watt and excited to see more of Lang.

Going for a shock 2-1 

As in 2-1 for Hibs instead of 6-0 for Hibs? 

2 minutes ago, milo said:

There’s Utd and st Mirren on course for their second win of the season even at this early stage. How will it take for us to get 2 wins on the board you reckon?

Difficult to say at this stage. What’s important for me today is a reaction from the players and the manager getting back to us playing the way we can play, not long punts up the field. I like the fact that O’Donnell is playing on the right which will be an improvement on Grimmy and Lang does excite me even after watching him for a very short period of time. Not sure what’s going on with Watt, I honestly thought he would be in ahead of White who for me was signed as someone who could offer something different coming off the bench. Maybe Watt is one of those four players mentioned by Robbo, who knows. I’m certainly going to concentrate on each individual midfielder today to see just what they each offer against the strongest team we have faced so far.  Personally I feel Robbo made a mistake highlighting players in his post match interview after the Livi game, I don’t see anything good coming from that but it’s done now so let’s see how they respond. Sadly I expect  another defeat, probably by two or three goals but hope to be proven wrong.

11 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Difficult to say at this stage. What’s important for me today is a reaction from the players and the manager getting back to us playing the way we can play, not long punts up the field. I like the fact that O’Donnell is playing on the right which will be an improvement on Grimmy and Lang does excite me even after watching him for a very short period of time. Not sure what’s going on with Watt, I honestly thought he would be in ahead of White who for me was signed as someone who could offer something different coming off the bench. Maybe Watt is one of those four players mentioned by Robbo, who knows. I’m certainly going to concentrate on each individual midfielder today to see just what they each offer against the strongest team we have faced so far.  Personally I feel Robbo made a mistake highlighting players in his post match interview after the Livi game, I don’t see anything good coming from that but it’s done now so let’s see how they respond. Sadly I expect  another defeat, probably by two or three goals but hope to be proven wrong.

Clearly he was frustrated and as a fan I can understand that. Some players have hardly showed up this season so far. 

We now have 2 international defenders - a midfield containing Campbell and Turnbull and in Lang someone who can hopefully excite us. 

Easter Rd has always been a tough ground for us even when we are playing well so I do sadly expect us to lose by a couple of goals. But you never know. Would take a draw and a decent performance.