Season 2020’21: Game 4 Hibernian (away)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Mugabe with ball at his feet is a worry. 

Apart from that playing quite well.

Mugabi is a strange one

Don’t  know if it’s his big long gangly legs that make him look awkward or if he’s just plain crap but he certainly doesn’t look comfortable with the ball at his feet

6 minutes ago, santheman said:

Mugabi is a strange one

Don’t  know if it’s his big long gangly legs that make him look awkward or if he’s just plain crap but he certainly doesn’t look comfortable with the ball at his feet

I don't really care if my defenders are good footballers, but they do need to keep passes simple and safe. First priority is defence, though.

Really enjoyable first half, just lacking a wee bit of luck in front of goal. Possession football in the opposition's half followed by decent crosses into the box is FAR more entertaining than Mugabi and Gallaghers' attempted Beckham impersonations from Wednesday evening.

Turnbull has been immense, he really is the difference.

Been a lot better but the ball just won’t drop for us in the box and when it does we do fuck all with it.  We need the rub of the green.

Great save from Carson and Hib have had their chances. 

I get a feeling it will come down to the more clinical attack and that is likely to be Hibs.

Just to add that Lamie has done well. 

Probably our best half of the season so far. Just about everyone has turned up today with midfield far better. Lang always looks to trouble defenders, I think White has done ok, unlucky with the goal. Mugabi the weak link in defence, he really needs to improve on his passing. Turnbull and Campbell have been very good, not sure playing so deep suits OHara. Given we are playing one of the better teams in the division it’s good to see us looking more like last seasons team with some nice passing and far better movement and energy. However we need to capitalise on our chances on goal.

O’Donnell looks like a great addition. Getting more out of Lang than we did from Long.   Campbell having a great game but not sure if he can last 90 mins playing like that. Turnbull more like his old self. O’Hara just a wee bit slow on the ball. Just hope Mugabi doesn’t sell the jerseys.