Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

If we don't win here and we inevitably get scudded at Parkhead next week we're looking at 6 games without a win, so this really is a big game. If we play like we did on Saturday we will win comfortably. Gonna go 2-0 to us, Turnbull and Lang.

42 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

If we don't win here and we inevitably get scudded at Parkhead next week we're looking at 6 games without a win, so this really is a big game. If we play like we did on Saturday we will win comfortably. Gonna go 2-0 to us, Turnbull and Lang.

12 games without a win any other manager would be out the door 

I don’t think any of us could have foreseen such a bad start and anything other than a win here would put the tin lid on it.

With Parkhead up next then Rangers and Aberdeen soon after this genuinely is must win otherwise we could find ourselves marooned at the bottom and playing catch up before September is even out!

24 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Also a board that knows when we won our last competitive game.

We’re very lucky we are not run by panic merchants, if we had been Robinson would have been sacked at the back end of 2017 and who knows who would have been appointed.  There are times on here you just want to say “take a deep breath”. Yodo will always try and wind up the pressure when we are on a bad run simply because he hates Robinson, I just wish some people would stop falling for it. Robinson will turn it around the way he always does.

2 wins from 14 league fixtures in 2020 isn't a particularly great return.  We've certainly carried on our mediocre and sometimes downright shite form from the later part of last season into this one.  Eventually the manager will come under the spotlight if he can't rectify it soon enough and that focus will arrive much quicker if a truly rotten Accies team beat us tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a big game for us, and indeed Accies, who are even worse off point wise. We really need to up our game to turn possession into goals. So far our games have a been tight with solidity at the back being crucial. As always, at our level in the Premiership, reliability and solidity and the ability to avoid mistakes is the main factor in getting results. 

Interesting comment from Brian Rice about empty grounds curbing simulation and playacting. I'm not so sure about that. Being experienced, or more accurately streetwise, can easily con a referee or official, crowd or no. Ironically, I expect Accies to be their usual streetwise selves.  

This is one of the worst runs in Robinson's time as manager, which isn't lacking in poor runs.  I keep saying it but we've won 1 match in all competitions since James Scott left the club.

Since 29th Dec 2019 we've P16 W2 D6 L8.

And  the poor run includes three matches against St Mirren without victory and a draw and a home defeat to Hamilton.  It has not been a terrifying run of fixtures.

We really need to build on the Hibs performance which was better but still had some major flaws.

While a win gives a platform for improvement failure to win, especially with an away tie to Celtic next, really puts us in situation where we might find ourselves flapping around in increasingly deeper water.

Robinson out chat is silly at this stage in the season but it's really important we win this one because the pressure on everyone will only increase as long as we fail to win and the longer it goes on the harder it becomes to get that win.

The next match seems like an ideal opportunity to nip all that in the bud.

On the referencing of the 19'20 form whilst it would be stupid to attempt to argue it was all sweetness and light, I still tend to think, much like the start to this season, the margins were often quite fine.

If you consider that two of the losses were through goals conceded in the last three minutes, hang on in those games and suddenly two losses from a dozen games across the ninety minutes (albeit we went on to lose one of them on penalties) isn't quite as bad a picture.  In that run I'd say Livingston was one of the Motherwell performances I can recollect in recent memory, St Johnstone away wasn't great and we were blown away by Celtic. The rest weren't massively different to much of what went before or after.

I think a little like now, we weren't a millions away.  Improvement needed, yes.  Finding that little bit extra that gave us an edge earlier last season, we definitely need to find that, no question.  The concern is, is that the longer that "not far away" argument goes on the less credence it has and the more evidence there is to suggest that we for whatever reason we've regressed and been overtaken by others. 

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This is one of the worst runs in Robinson's time as manager, which isn't lacking in poor runs.  I keep saying it but we've won 1 match in all competitions since James Scott left the club.

Since 29th Dec 2019 we've P16 W2 D6 L8.

And  the poor run includes three matches against St Mirren without victory and a draw and a home defeat to Hamilton.  It has not been a terrifying run of fixtures.

We really need to build on the Hibs performance which was better but still had some major flaws.

While a win gives a platform for improvement failure to win, especially with an away tie to Celtic next, really puts us in situation where we might find ourselves flapping around in increasingly deeper water.

Robinson out chat is silly at this stage in the season but it's really important we win this one because the pressure on everyone will only increase as long as we fail to win and the longer it goes on the harder it becomes to get that win.

The next match seems like an ideal opportunity to nip all that in the bud.

I think we can improve a fair bit on the Hibs performance but I dont see where there were major flaws.