Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

Story of the season - no cutting edge.

70% possession and double figure shots.

I should be happy with such dominance but actually is is painful. 

You can understand a one off game with such stats but all of our games and we are not scoring. We have defence and midfield sorted but a mile away up front. White is a poor mans Higdon. The fact he is playing ahead of Long and Watt says all we need to know. 

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I know a long shot but would it be worth seeing if Leigh Griffiths was available on loan?

No chance of getting Leigh Griffiths.

There is chat of Livingston picking up Anthony Stokes.  Not sure what our fans would make of that but there has to be someone out there with a similar goal scoring pedigree.

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

No chance of getting Leigh Griffiths.

There is chat of Livingston picking up Anthony Stokes.  Not sure what our fans would make of that but there has to be someone out there with a similar goal scoring pedigree.

Wouldn't touch him,  good record but absolute bampot

5 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

70% possession and double figure shots.

I should be happy with such dominance but actually is is painful. 

You can understand a one off game with such stats but all of our games and we are not scoring. We have defence and midfield sorted but a mile away up front. White is a poor mans Higdon. The fact he is playing ahead of Long and Watt says all we need to know. 

Before the match today 17% of our shots have been on target.  League average is between 30 - 40%.  

Obviously we are by miles the worst.

6 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

White's just not good enough, I could understand him being in there if we had wingers who hit the byline and got balls into the box but we don't and as a result we're really struggling up top. Get Long on and get him running in behind.

It's not big Jordan's fault but again I would ask questions of our scouting system..  Hibs scout championship and signed Nisbet, we sign White.  However score the winner and I will eat my words...COYW

3 minutes ago, wellowell said:

No idea why we are persevering with White has the touch of an elephant and gives fouls away constantly surely time for Long to get another chance or Watt to be given a chance our strikers been brutal so far this season 

The problem is I don’t think White was brought in as a starter, that was a fight between Long and Watt and clearly neither are impressing although the service from midfield has been very poor at times. A front three of Lang, Hastie, and Watt or Long had great potential and it’s simply not panned  out that way. I worry that Watt is just repeating the attitude shown at other clubs, starts off well, new contract and then goes backwards. Long just looks like a player that reluctantly signed a new contract when he really wanted to be back down south. As I say looking at last season adding another back up central striker plus Lang and Hastie should be working, we all more or less thought it would but it’s simply not happening.