Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

Credit to Accies they were the better side and looked comfortable throughout. We couldn't match their work rate, competitiveness or organisation and they should have won far more comfortably having created the best 4 chances of the game, despite all our possession. We lost as a team and questions need to be asked not just of our strikers but also our midfield and defence. 

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Cmon then tell us all why he should keep his job despite not having a clue 

If he does not have a clue how did we finish third last season and get to two cup finals ? Maybe he’s just been lucky the last 3 years ? Now if you want to only look at the performances this season rather than his whole tenure that’s a different thing.

Credit to Accies, they hung in with a team of kids and smelt blood the longer the game went.

Robinson has a habit of bullishly stating he won’t alter his style of play. That’s an issue in itself. Despite the talent at our disposal we are incredibly predictable and the possession football is pointless if you have no end product. 

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Credit to Accies they were the better side and looked comfortable throughout. We couldn't match their work rate, competitiveness or organisation and they should have won far more comfortably having created the best 4 chances of the game, despite all our possession. We lost as a team and questions need to be asked not just of our strikers but also our midfield and defence. 

Cmon Dave Accies were woeful. It was one way traffic for 80% of three game. Problem is we have no attacking threat and are always liable to concede and with that fantastic combination we are sitting bottom of the league pretty much !

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Even Robbo's biggest allies must be running out of excuses to defend him

I can't see why anyone wants to keep him. Over four years we have seen he has no clue about attacking football, can't sign a goal scorer and is making increasingly erratic decisions. 

1 minute ago, Yodo said:

Cmon then tell us all why he should keep his job despite not having a clue 

I've been very critical of Robinson at times but you don't fire a manager after 5 league matches.

Next game is huge though.  If we have a humiliating European elimination at home to Glentoran, which is quite possible I think, then get pumped by Celtic then the heat starts to turn up.

However, we need players brought in rather than a change of management although sometimes I think Robinson can be a bit thick when it comes to spotting obvious deficiencies.  

Going into the season with the strikers and forwards we have was never going to cut it and why he thought it would is honestly a bit baffling.

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

What does Mark O'hara give us that Liam Polworth doesn't?

Jordan White can stay on the bench for the rest of his motherwell career.

We need to work on defending crosses. We are extremely sloppy marking men in the box and Accies had 3 great chances inside the 6 yard box.

Mark O'Hara is playing out of position; he's not a defensive midfielder. Jordan White is suffering from very poor service and the defence is good for at least 1 if not more soft goals per game. We need to work far harder in preventing crosses in the first place.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:17 AM, Burn_Broomfield said:

2 wins from 14 league fixtures in 2020 isn't a particularly great return.  We've certainly carried on our mediocre and sometimes downright shite form from the later part of last season into this one.  Eventually the manager will come under the spotlight if he can't rectify it soon enough and that focus will arrive much quicker if a truly rotten Accies team beat us tomorrow.

I can feel the heat building.  

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I can't see why anyone wants to keep him. Over four years we have seen he has no clue about attacking football, can't sign a goal scorer and is making increasingly erratic decisions. 

That’s not actually true though is it ?

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I have been a fan and defended him but in my opinion it is time for a change. We have a decent squad but we are so predictable and so many out of position.  Who we get I dont know but I fear the worst if we stick with Robbo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Cmon Dave Accies were woeful. It was one way traffic for 80% of three game. Problem is we have no attacking threat and are always liable to concede and with that fantastic combination we are sitting bottom of the league pretty much !

I think its telling Iain that despite all our possession, courtesy largely of Accies tactics, that they created 4 very good chances i.e. more than we did. Its not all about quantity of possession its about quality of possession, defending and finishing.

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Let's see 68% to 32% possession, 17shots to 8, 4 on target against 2, 13 corners to 5 and you say Accies were the better team, absolute nonsense, name a better player on the park than DT. It's up front we lack as the possession stats and shot/corner stats show. 

Robbo is lucky he has earned time as his formations and tactics this season been brutal . He of course deserves time to sort as only 5 games in and coming after a 3rd place and 2 cup finals in previous years . He gave game to Accies today by his subs just before goal no idea why our biggest assist player of last season can’t even get on pitch and our best player today gets subbed . Once Campbell went off Accies took over as formation was shocking , as I said Robbo has earned time but he needs to sort this out quickly as we will do a Hearts if he does not .

There’s a big difference between dominating a game and being allowed to have possession. We had a five minute spell at the start of the second half where we put them under real pressure, but that was it.  Throwing in all the strikers at the end like we were all over them was a huge mistake, at that point it was clear that accies were waiting for their opportunity, and we handed it right to them.  they beat us because they have the mentality of underdogs that have to fight for every point, while we strolled about thinking we were a big deal.

Seedorf has a habit of hiding then making his run when it’s too late, giving the impression he has space, when he is just terrible, and hylton just isn’t offering anything.  If white hadn’t given away a foul I’d have forgot all about him. I had to go online and check when long came on, seems like he was operating in the same black hole as white.

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Mark O'Hara is playing out of position; he's not a defensive midfielder. Jordan White is suffering from very poor service and the defence is good for at least 1 if not more soft goals per game. We need to work far harder in preventing crosses in the first place.

3 defeats all 1-0. We need to spend all our time working on how to create and convert scoring chances.  That’s the number 1 priority that needs fixed ASAP.

Just now, Jumbomuir said:

Let's see 68% to 32% possession, 17shots to 8, 4 on target against 2, 13 corners to 5 and you say Accies were the better team, absolute nonsense, name a better player on the park than DT. It's up front we lack as the possession stats and shot/corner stats show. 

Pish the only stat that matters is who scored the most goals, so going by that Accies were the better team they won