Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

23 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We are nowhere near a relegation battle in August and are not detached.  We are one win away from Top 6. 

The run of poor form is concerning, especially as Robinson had a close season to fix it, but there is still plenty time for the manager to change it and turn it around.

If he doesn't do that then you have to look at it but we aren't at that stage yet.

To be fair to Robinson we've been in worse positions before and we've got out of it so right now we just need to be a bit more patient and see what transpires.

5 or 6 matches down the line with a full round of matches played is when you start assessing it and like I said bringing in a player rather than a manager, for me,  would have more effect.

Do you think a new manager gets goals out of Long, Watt, White?  If so, he'd be changing the habits of a life time.

A new manager hopefully wont sign shite like Long, White, Hylton & Seedorf! 

Just now, wellwell91 said:

Doesn’t help if you have 4 wingers on the park that would be hard pushed to make 1 winger oot of the 4 of them

Hastie should be sent packing back to Ibrox ASAP. 

Seedorf and Hylton are shite bags and Lang is not a winger …… Throw in a championship center forward and it’s know hard to see how we are not scoring 

I get all that, but we still created absolutely fuck all...not even a half chance where you say 'how did White miss', absolutely heehaw...

...for the avoidance of doubt I'm a big fan of Campbell and Turnbull but i dont think it can be denied that today our midfield created nadda

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

At the end of tbe day you could play like Bayern Munich for 89 mins and then lose a late goal,  so great play lots of possession etc etc is feckin irrelevant if you don't score goals. 

The stats will  show we were beaten, no wee footnote telling people how unlucky we were etc so the team that wins the game is the better one . 

Exactly,stats don't put point on the board,i would happily see us without the ball more often if it actually meant sticking the ball in the net an picking up a win.

4 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Well we did not have Turnbull for all of last season and still finished 3rd. 

In many ways if we sell him may save our season. As we could maybe afford to try and bring in a few players up front that are better than what we have at the moment. 

And for those that say Accies let us have the ball. Do us a favour. Is that actually a tactic. If they were any good or better than us they would have had 70% possession. Most teams know giving teams that amount of possession usually results in losing a game.  

Really angry after that today. Players up front need a kick in the haw maws. Something needs to change and fast. Surely Robinson’s lad must be better than Hylton and Hastie ? 

Rangers had 78% possession last week.  Celtic had 70% against Kilmarnock.

Meanwhile Hibs have 3 wins and a draw from four matches and have never had the majority of the ball in any of the matches.

Stop going back to finishing 3rd last year, that was because of a good start. The last part of last season and the beginning of this have been terrible, and most managers with that record would have been fired. When you put the transfer season on top of that it just has to be down to the board and it's lack of vision and expectations. I can imagine if this was a normal season, that our crowds would be well down. When Turnbull is away we're in deep trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I get all that, but we still created absolutely fuck all...not even a half chance where you say 'how did White miss', absolutely heehaw...

...for the avoidance of doubt I'm a big fan of Campbell and Turnbull but i dont think it can be denied that today our midfield created nadda

The laddie from Hamilton created two great chances from 3 attempts. A far better ratio than turnbull 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I agree he has fucked the transfer window, not for the first time by the way.

However the transfer window isn't over so it's down to Robinson to admit his mistakes and bring someone in.

If he doesn't do that then I think his job will very much be in jeopardy in the near future but I think he at least deserves a chance to amend his mistakes. 

He has had a chance to amend his mistakes! We were fucking horrific last season from Jan onwards, and after the manager being backed to the hilt, we look WORSE! Robinson should go!

And take that fucking idiot Foyle with him. That cunt has the easiest job in football, sitting in his living room in Newcastle reading the local paper to see what pub league shite is scoring a few goals in the English 17th division north then signing them for us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

You need the forwards to make runs to drag defenders out of position to create space for others or for midfields to make the telling pass

Today our so call wingers just stayed out wide and offered nothing and nothing stuck with Whyte nor was he able to hold the ball up

So So easy to defend against 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

The substitutions were ridiculous and turned the game in Accies favour. Every substitution weakened the team.

He brought on Hylton in the 54th minute and I knew the game was gone. It's hard to believe that wasn't even the worst substitution of the game.

Turnbull and Campbell the only two players actually trying a leg. A lot of passengers again today. IMHO Campbell was subbed as he was so frustrated with his own team he was in danger of getting red mist and doing something stupid. When Campbell went off Turnbull gave up  and quite rightly so.

Seedorf was blowing out his arse at the end of the first half and was getting slower and slower as the game progressed. Hylton no game time to get sharpness and it shows, nothing he done worked and he went into his shell very quickly.

From what I am hearing Lamie was carrying an injury most of the first half affecting his movement and they choose to keep him on rather than bring on Grimmy.

Gallagher is a  shadow of the player he was last season, got to wonder if the captain armband is playing on his mind, getting the armband seems to be a hoodoo for whoever gets it.

Hastie I would send back post haste, was never happy with him coming back in. Lang needs to show some of the form he had in Englandshire as he is running about like a headless chicken.

Polworth from what I have seen of him is in a bit of a downer because he isn't getting played and any cameos he gets confirms this. Front 3 need dropped as it clearly isnt working. We have many forwards who can take their place. Although I have my doubts about Long actually wanting to play at all for the team.

Manager must be tearing his hair out, so much possession and control and losing almost every game.

I seem to remember getting laughed at on here after Scott left for asking where the goals were going to come from. No one seems to have the answer. 2 goals in 5 games is perhaps acceptable if you've played both halves of the Old Firm and Aberdeen. Given the fixtures we had, it's appalling. Have there been points where we've been unlucky? Maybe but even taking into account missed penalties and goals (rightly) chopped off, it's nowhere near good enough...

8 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

You need the forwards to make runs to drag defenders out of position to create space for others or for midfields to make the telling pass

Today our so call wingers just stayed out wide and offered nothing and nothing stuck with Whyte nor was he able to hold the ball up

So So easy to defend against 

I'm agreeing with you on our pish forwards, but even still I'd expect midfielders of our apparent quality to pick some sort of chance out for one of the haddies

3 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I seem to remember getting laughed at on here after Scott left for asking where the goals were going to come from. No one seems to have the answer. 2 goals in 5 games is perhaps acceptable if you've played both halves of the Old Firm and Aberdeen. Given the fixtures we had, it's appalling. Have there been points where we've been unlucky? Maybe but even taking into account missed penalties and goals (rightly) chopped off, it's nowhere near good enough...

Cole also.

Even though he didn't score as many goals as Long last season he was still the better option to play in that position.  He was strong, held the ball up, was decent in the air and could bring others into the game.  Then we had Scott who could run with the ball, had some real skill, energy and was always looking to carry the ball forward and try the unexpected.

We are lacking both those types right now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It is. There's never been any element of our attacking play under SR which seems organised. It's just down to individuals to make something happen or set pieces. 

I think that’s how it works, individual play or something worked out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Turnbull was the best player on the park by a mile but you need two to tango and right now his dance partners are away to the lavvy.

He really is - he's excellent and plays well through the middle of the park.  We need more central players to hook up with and ditch wingers (particularly those who aren't wingers in the first place eg Lang, Long etc) 

34 minutes ago, gee said:

Turnbull continues to impress even playing in this team and on current form. 

I’d expect a big club will come in and take him for a good fee. 

To be considered by Burrows.. Without DT are we at risk of relegation? Should the board trust Robinson to source replacements?  

After reflecting on today, the ironic thing is , no team have actually played better football than us....it’s we are too easy to score against , Dundee Utd and today were similar .... no real cutting  and a stupid soft goal. That’s why we should still have enough to stay up , but the longer it goes like this , stranger things have happened.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

I think that’s how it works, individual play or something worked out.

I mean in open play our interplay is crap. How did Seedorf and White link the past few games? They didn't at all yet Robinson singled them out for praise last week so they are obviously doing what he is telling them.