Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

37 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Word on the grapevine is Polworth has asked to leave. 

We were even more pish with him in the team in January and February anyway. 

Seem to be a few unhappy players just now. Long, Watt, Polworth and whoever else Robinson was having a go at with his playing with 7 players chat. I don’t think this will end well for Robinson.

I have said this before Long  didn't want to sign back up in a hurry cause he thought his stock was high didnt he the move so we chase him to sign on and i bet on better terms.I wouldn't have went near him looks like he doesn't give a shit tbh.

Waste of wage rather we played a youngster than him in least we will get an effort.

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

What was that story mate?

Seems to have worked at all the clubs Hughes has been at, at similar times. I know people who played for Craigneuk Colts who McCafferty was involved with and there were always stories about him. He also stayed up the road from me in the 90’s when he did his moonlight flit to Ireland and it was well known why he went.  There’s no way Hughes wouldn’t have known about the rumours.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Word on the grapevine is Polworth has asked to leave. 

We were even more pish with him in the team in January and February anyway.

Well he can go and take the rest of the under-performers with him if that is remotely true. 

Whether you like or agree with the Manager he is the boss and for the most part a good one at that. 

Robbo has claimed he has not berated anyone publicly, but in a round about way he has. Even saying today the subs he made - made no difference. Harsh but true.

What he has said that is true is that this club has been good to a lot of players. Stuck by them when injured. Given them a platform to perform. Sold on many players and given them massive career and earnings boost. 

If they can’t take a little criticism then maybe they should fkin start playing like they care as we all know they are capable of more. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Well he can go and take the rest of the under-performers with him if that is remotely true. 

Whether you like or agree with the Manager he is the boss and for the most part a good one at that. 

Robbo has claimed he has not berated anyone publicly, but in a round about way he has. Even saying today the subs he made - made no difference. Harsh but true.

What he has said that is true is that this club has been good to a lot of players. Stuck by them when injured. Given them a platform to perform. Sold on many players and given them massive career and earnings boost. 

If they can’t take a little criticism then maybe they should fkin start playing like they care as we all know they are capable of more. 

If Polworth takes huff after being dropped for 4 games then yes it doesn't say much.  He was dropped because his set pieces were lilian gish

19 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Are we saying Big Yogi Knew?

McCafferty on former footballer and coach John ‘Yogi’ Hughes:

“I was helping out at Hibs at the time and Big Yogi,  John Hughes, who was the manager and Yogi was a bugger for, you know he was into this devilment, sort of a laugh and a joke.

“He would say to me: ‘Right come on Jim, let’s get the bastards.’ And the point is he would go in and turn the lights out and start you know, the shenanigans, you know,  a bit of kidology with them sort of thing, horseplay. 

“It went too far. It didn’t involve myself because he was my pal big Yogi. It happened. He got carried away with himself one day and one of the younger boys - about 21, 22 at the particular time, Yogi had given him a right ripping and he came to me.

“He said, ‘Jim, I think I’ve made a blunder.’ I said, ‘Right, what’s up?’

“He said ‘I can’t remember the boy’s name now. I just had a right go at him and I’ve maybe gone a wee bit too far.’ He was concerned about how the parents and supporters would have thought about that.”

Transcripts from his police interview in Belfast.

The fact that Yogi was a player at two clubs at the same time as him where it's confirmed he was a suspected nonce then gave him jobs under him at Falkirk and Hibs definitely raises some questions.

11 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

We’ve barely created a chance all season. In five games I can count 4 we should have scored from that’s nowhere near enough. Hamilton as negative and defensive as they were created 3 today

Fresh air kick by O’Donnell and the boy should’ve scored isn’t creating ,other teams don’t gift chances like that. For a defence with 2 Scotland internationals , we are really soft . Actually thought Lammie looked ok .

• Like 1

The strikers get a hard time but it must be a thankless task given how little service they get either from the wingers (who can't seem to cross the ball more than 3 times a match) or the midfield maestros who can't find them with passes and would rather turn five times and shoot off a defender.  

Hylton and Hastie have been anonymous, Seedorf has improved slightly but he's still a bottler and Lang was as well not playing yesterday.  

Something needs to change, maybe 2 up top as the striker is so isolated.

19 minutes ago, buff_is_the_tooth_fairy said:

The strikers get a hard time but it must be a thankless task given how little service they get either from the wingers (who can't seem to cross the ball more than 3 times a match) or the midfield maestros who can't find them with passes and would rather turn five times and shoot off a defender.  

Hylton and Hastie have been anonymous, Seedorf has improved slightly but he's still a bottler and Lang was as well not playing yesterday.  

Something needs to change, maybe 2 up top as the striker is so isolated.

Good post. We have pacy wingers so why not feed them early and let them run at the retreating/slightly disorganised defence? Our central build up is far too slow and deliberate......shades of the Ged Brannan days.  By the time the wingers get the ball they are well covered by 2 defenders. Hylton has one asset, pace, and he's not being afforded the opportunity to use it. I have my doubts about White but he isn't being used correctly. We play frequent short balls to him, often in the air, when he's being closely policed by 2 defenders. There are no midfielders close enough to support him.  It wouldn't make any difference if we deployed Watt or Long in that role as none of our strikers are suited to it.  The crossing yesterday, with very few exceptions, was poor and gratefully gobbled up by defenders.

37 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

I also think that we don't have a leader on the field to boot a few arses and get players motivated. While I like Gallagher I don't see him as a leader on the field. We miss someone like Hartley who did seem to bring a bit of urgency when needed.

I’d love to see Campbell grow into this role. 

17 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

And if the run continues he obviously will, every manager lives or dies by his record. I don’t however see that happening for a while  yet. He’s got another half dozen games in my view before we start making a decision like that.Not any stand out replacements that I can see if he does go. You mention Tommy Wright but I’m personally no fan of his style of football, not exactly easy on the eyes, and as much as the football under Robinson was agricultural at times and least he changed to more of a passing game. If Robinson goes it’s odds on to be Lasley.

That will be the Tommy Wright that Won the Scottish Cup finished regularly in the top 6 and qualified for Europe . Keith's time will come but he would have no chance of success with the players Robinson  signed ,so leave him as assistant to whoever comes in 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

That will be the Tommy Wright that Won the Scottish Cup finished regularly in the top 6 and qualified for Europe . Keith's time will come but he would have no chance of success with the players Robinson  signed ,so leave him as assistant to whoever comes in 

Not saying that’s not the case, but people on here hated the Robinson style of football, St Johnstone fans were the same with Wright.

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Lasley would fail with these players, so let’s get someone else in to fail first?

If and its a big if,  SR moves on or is shown the door I only hope we conduct a proper recruitment process and steer well clear of the  the  useless has beens like Tommy Wright or unproven guys like Lasley.

We have been utter garbage since January but it is very early in the season and SR has earned the right to try to get us back on track, so the Glentoran game is critical lose it and  SR is gone, if as expected we win that could kick us on to start winning again, so to paraphrase corporal Jones from Dads Army and Oasis  "don't panic,,,least not today"

• Like 1