Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

On 8/22/2020 at 10:31 PM, grizzlyg said:

Couid do worse, I think big yogi gets a bad press

21 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Get a hold of yourselves, even joking about Hughes is a step too far, he’s fucking rubbish. If Robinson goes, Lasley is our next manager. But Robinson isn’t going anywhere.

I honestly wasnt joking. 

Right it's Monday afternoon I have had a couple of days to reflect upon the game so here is my assessment 

Our defence was shambolic really looked like players not understanding systems getting in each other's way

Midfield we were on top of the game here but no getting in behind their defence to cross and no one with the vision to play a defence splitting pass, all that was good attacking wise came from midfield. But when a team is forced to shoot from distance somthing is very wrong

Attack I have no idea if the attack was any good as it had absolutely nothing to work with only two shots on goal From within the penalty box and one of those was a corner!

Robinson needs to start at the back get that working it's the simple things don't play quite so deep in our half control the ball Play it out introduce the two central defenders to each other as they appear to have never meet before they must work together wing backs close the width and midfield help them out when needed goals will come but we need to stop conceding silly goals

its still early in the season but we need to turn this around before loosing becomes the new normal

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blue3 said:

Right it's Monday afternoon I have had a couple of days to reflect upon the game so here is my assessment 

Our defence was shambolic really looked like players not understanding systems getting in each other's way

Midfield we were on top of the game here but no getting in behind their defence to cross and no one with the vision to play a defence splitting pass, all that was good attacking wise came from midfield. But when a team is forced to shoot from distance somthing is very wrong

Attack I have no idea if the attack was any good as it had absolutely nothing to work with only two shots on goal From within the penalty box and one of those was a corner!

Robinson needs to start at the back get that working it's the simple things don't play quite so deep in our half control the ball Play it out introduce the two central defenders to each other as they appear to have never meet before they must work together wing backs close the width and midfield help them out when needed goals will come but we need to stop conceding silly goals

its still early in the season but we need to turn this around before loosing becomes the new normal

A fair summing up. I'm not convinced that our players can play in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Kmcalpin said:

A fair summing up. I'm not convinced that our players can play in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I think they have proved they cant.

Teams have us figured out.

Time to rip it up and start again.

Our players may not be world beaters, but they are nowhere near as bad as they are being made to look right now.