Season 2020’21: Game 5 Hamilton Accies (H)

texanwellfan

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So where do we see points coming from in the next 5 fixtures Celtic ,St Johnston ,Aberdeen , Rangers , Kilmarnock . Need to hope the teams around us keep losing or we get a bounce from appointing Tommy Wright 

I would be happy with Tommy Wright but let's see what happens. Lose to glentoran then I think we will looking for a manager not that gives me any pleasure 

15 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

You need the forwards to make runs to drag defenders out of position to create space for others or for midfields to make the telling pass

Today our so call wingers just stayed out wide and offered nothing and nothing stuck with Whyte nor was he able to hold the ball up

So So easy to defend against 

Absolutely correct. The front line is static. The whole approach is too slow and deliberate. We need to find a new way of playing or better coaches to teach the guys up front how to disrupt a defence. Any team that sits in will likely beat Motherwell 1-0.

5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So where do we see points coming from in the next 5 fixtures Celtic ,St Johnston ,Aberdeen , Rangers , Kilmarnock . Need to hope the teams around us keep losing or we get a bounce from appointing Tommy Wright 

Did you watch St Johnstone v Aberdeen the other day?

Both are fucking rank.

Stuart McCall was one of the best post-war managers we've had yet he simply ran out of ideas. I've officially got the fear that Robinson is on that route now. 

I think we're good enough for teams to feel the need to camp in, but we're not good enough to break them down. It's that simple. Robinson has pulled us out of a hole before, but this time round I doubt he's got a £3.5m rated midfielder waiting to step up from the youth team.

Fuck knows what the solution is here. 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

For all the positive press that our midfield get, we are creating next to nothing in terms of making chances

Spot on sir. Its all very well criticising our striker but if the midfield isn't creating chances there's little he can do. All too frequently White was outnumbered in the middle with no support. Turnbull looked comfortable in possession but created almost nothing. He is also playing too deep. It'll take him some weeks yet to regain  his creativity. Seedorf and Lang might have done better if the central midfield had given them the ball earlier and allowed them to run at defenders. Our build, up was far too laboured, predicatble and slow.

38 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

I stopped reading at “making lots of chances”.

Oh we’ve had plenty, in one game alone  against Ross County Long hit the post, Lang missed a sitter with a header that looked easier to score and Donnally made a hash of a penalty.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Fucking rank v fucking rank is a chance of points.

Not if they sit in against us, let us run out of steam, wait for Robinson to make some crazy substitutions to try to win the game and then we  oncede softly on their first foray upfield. 

As said previously Robbo has earned time its 5 games ,yea we have been terrible but far too early to consider getting rid of manager after last season he has earned the time to sort things out . Was pleased to hear him fir once take  full responsibility as said his subs were very poor which they were and he selected team really worried about Thursday now ,and feel I will go into hiding fir 2 hours next Sunday as fear a drubbing 

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aberdeen have only played two games, won one and have conceded one goal. St Johnstone showed character away at Killie and Dundee United. 

We will need to massively improve to beat either of them. 

Aberdeen have been horrifically bad in both matches.  St. Johnstone were even worse against Aberdeen and only won at Rugby Park after the home side imploded in comical fashion.

The standard of the league is utter garbage.   Even in our current form we shouldn't be looking at any of the other teams, Celtic and Rangers apart, and thinking "oh, we can't beat these guys".

7 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

I just read the manager's comments, unbelievable "I've done everything, it's down to the players!". It's probably safe to say he's now lost the dressingroom.

He’s just said it’s his fault, he signed and picks the players.

7 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Take a look at Robinsons interview there before u is a man void of ideas Blarney Stone kissing again blaming himself but only looking for sympathy .Just like McCall he has run out of ideas only Stuart knew he had to go,so time  to go Robbo 

The guy can’t win with you , how do you know he’s only looking for sympathy....I am as frustrated as anyone and if he can’t turn it around he’ll need to go but it’s getting personal with you.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Aberdeen have been horrifically bad in both matches.  St. Johnstone were even worse against Aberdeen and only won at Rugby Park after the home side imploded in comical fashion.

The standard of the league is utter garbage.   Even in our current form we shouldn't be looking at any of the other teams, Celtic and Rangers apart, and thinking "oh, we can't beat these guys".

Aberdeen have been grinding out top six for years and will again. St Johnstone might be poor but they have already showed more fight than us. 

We are clearly the worst team through five games. 

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aberdeen have been grinding out top six for years and will again. St Johnstone might be poor but they have already showed more fight than us. 

We are clearly the worst team through five games. 

Easily the worst team so far and well on course for failing to win in the first 10+ games.  

45 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I mean in open play our interplay is crap. How did Seedorf and White link the past few games? They didn't at all yet Robinson singled them out for praise last week so they are obviously doing what he is telling them. 

I think we need two in the middle working together 

14 minutes ago, Yodo said:

That's exactly why he should be sacked 

And if the run continues he obviously will, every manager lives or dies by his record. I don’t however see that happening for a while  yet. He’s got another half dozen games in my view before we start making a decision like that.Not any stand out replacements that I can see if he does go. You mention Tommy Wright but I’m personally no fan of his style of football, not exactly easy on the eyes, and as much as the football under Robinson was agricultural at times and least he changed to more of a passing game. If Robinson goes it’s odds on to be Lasley.