Season 2020’21: Game 6 Celtic (away)

Spiderpig

Think we can count ourselves a bit unlucky going in 1 down there.  One wee break that we didn't deal with on the half way line and they create and take their only chance of the half.

We've been decent defensively, with grimshaw handling the left back position ok, and mugabi gaining the confidence to try and take on Celtic on his own.  Going forward we've been disjointed, with our best piece of play leading to Watt's chance at the end of the half. 

We've seen halves like this against the OF before, hopefully we stay competitive in the second.  

A lot of mistakes for their goal, o'donnells terrible cross left half the team stranded,  O'Hara failing to bring down macgregor, then the defending in the box. 

Before the game my feelings were 'get out of here with 3-0 or less, no injuries or red cards'. My feelings haven't changed. Maybe we'll have a left back nearing fitness after the international break and will have settled on a front two that works and the back three will have had time to get used to playing together.

Today is one to write off. We're in a relegation battle. Just need to use this game and those against Rangers and Aberdeen as preparation for more winnable games...

9 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Before the game my feelings were 'get out of here with 3-0 or less, no injuries or red cards'. My feelings haven't changed. Maybe we'll have a left back nearing fitness after the international break and will have settled on a front two that works and the back three will have had time to get used to playing together.

Today is one to write off. We're in a relegation battle. Just need to use this game and those against Rangers and Aberdeen as preparation for more winnable games...

In my view it’s way too early to be talking about relegation battles, the season has only just started. Fair enough if we are still bottom at Christmas, we could easily be midtable by then.

8 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

See if you're in the bottom two of the the league after 10 games, as we likely will be, you're in a relegation battle. You can pull clear of it, but at that point in time you're in it.. 

Not really, coz you canny be relegated after 10 games. At that point you're in a "bottom of the table" battle if we must call it anything.

Absolutely no chance we'll be relegated or anywhere near it.

13 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

See if you're in the bottom two of the the league after 10 games, as we likely will be, you're in a relegation battle. You can pull clear of it, but at that point in time you're in it.. 

Not only bottom but potentially 6-8 points adrift.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Not really, coz you canny be relegated after 10 games. At that point you're in a "bottom of the table" battle if we must call it anything.

Absolutely no chance we'll be relegated or anywhere near it.

I guarantee you we'll finish in the bottom four and will not be clear of automatic relegation by the split. If you disagree, I'll wager £50 to be paid to your favourite charity if we finish above 9th and are mathematically safe from finishing bottom after 33 games...