Update on Injured players

Last post by:

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think it was originally reported that McGinley was out for between 4 and 6 weeks (with a groin problem?). So that basis he should be available again from mid September onwards.

I remember Robinson saying in one of his pre-match press conference type things (can't find the video anywhere) that either McGinley or Carroll would be back after the international  break, with the other round about October time. McGinley being out for 4-6 weeks would tie in roughly with the international break.

20 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I dont think it can be underestimated, how important it is to have actual full backs on the park...I'm positive we'll see improvement when Carroll or McGinley are playing on the left

Completely agree.  Against most teams we could have

Carroll up the left and O'Donnell up the right .

Polworth creating through he middle 

Long/Lang/Watt up front 

Happy days. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think it was originally reported that McGinley was out for between 4 and 6 weeks (with a groin problem?). So that basis he should be available again from mid September onwards.

Yes this is what SR did say but he has been very quiet which indicates to me he is still not ready and with no reserve league this season, I would imagine he would need to organise a friendly to get some match practice for him unless he is happy enough to throw him straight into the first team?

22 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Played reserve matches, possible aggravation?

Sometimes as a club we are over benevolent to players who are injured and contracts run out, it's not as though when Dunne  signed originally he was an injury free player, just think money could be spent on another fit player, rather than wasting wages on a player who when is supposedly fit will no doubt get crocked again. Fine when there under contract, but these look after you deals just don't sit with me, that's for insurance to kick in. 

• 1 month later...