Big Dec

Jumbomuir

20 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

Having watched the last two Scotland games and the big man knowhere to be seen, if McTominay is preferred and he is the weak link, is the big man's international career over?? 

It’s just that he’s well down the pecking order (rightly or wrongly).

4 minutes ago, Ross said:

He’s been hopeless since the start of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about hopeless, but he's not at his best in a back 3 that Clarke seems to prefer. I wouldn't see being picked as part of the squad as being "career over" though.

I'd be more concerned if I was O'Donnell as McTominay is not close to being a decent right-sided defender - not surprising given he is a centre-mid normally - and he has got the nod twice over O'Donnell.

I don't know about hopeless, but he's not at his best in a back 3 that Clarke seems to prefer. I wouldn't see being picked as part of the squad as being "career over" though.
I'd be more concerned if I was O'Donnell as McTominay is not close to being a decent right-sided defender - not surprising given he is a centre-mid normally - and he has got the nod twice over O'Donnell.

O’Donnell is another one probably not international standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Between  us and Scotland I am fed up seeing managers put square pegs in round holes. Play guys in natural position please

I was having the same discussion at the weekend. I'd much rather see a decent player in his natural position than trying to push someone the manager thinks is better out of position.

Players are getting drilled every day so their positional tactics become second nature. Asking them to play elsewhere after a couple of days' get together is just looking for problems. Both goals we lost in the past 2 games were entirely avoidable and I doubt if O'Donnell, Gallagher or any natural defender would have been caught out the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Let’s be honest here he’s had a poor start to the season. Mugabi has performed better than him this season. If the team is picked on form as many have repeatedly requested then he’s done pretty well to make the squad

While I don't disagree, if the team was picked on form McTominay shouldn't be anywhere near it, as he is in preseason right now.

50 minutes ago, David said:

Back with his tail between his legs? Why would you think that?

I suspect he thought he was part of the starting line up and is quite gregarious, his self view may have been dented and he can use that set back to inspire him to better performances for us.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I suspect he thought he was part of the starting line up and is quite gregarious, his self view may have been dented and he can use that set back to inspire him to better performances for us.

Wow, that's quite the story there. You've decided that from your (limited) knowledge of the guy that he would have been arrogant enough to believe he's a cert to start for his national team and will return with his tail between his legs as he didn't play?

I don't agree.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, weeyin said:

While I don't disagree, if the team was picked on form McTominay shouldn't be anywhere near it, as he is in preseason right now.

Not sure what Kenny McLean has ever done to justify a recall . McTominay is a liability in that position , Clarke is the man who calls the shots but I am definitely not convinced.

1 hour ago, David said:

Wow, that's quite the story there. You've decided that from your (limited) knowledge of the guy that he would have been arrogant enough to believe he's a cert to start for his national team and will return with his tail between his legs as he didn't play?

I don't agree.

I think all I was saying was that he had hopes and he will be disappointed, the point I was making was that he can use that as motivation for better performances for us.

Gallagher would have had a better claim if he'd been in last seasons form this season but I agree that he's not been anywhere near good enough this term.

As for McTominay, like a number of other players, he's trading off his club sides reputation rather than his form in a Scotland shirt.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

I think all I was saying was that he had hopes and he will be disappointed, the point I was making was that he can use that as motivation for better performances for us.

Aye, that's better put than "tail between his legs". Scotland call ups are so rare for Motherwell players, we should be proud regardless if he got a game or not. You're right though, hopefully he can use not playing as a motivator for the rest of the season.