Big Dec

Jumbomuir

4 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Do you think either deserve a call up, let alone actual game time?

I think they are at least decent backup options, and that Gallagher would have done better than McTominay in the last two Scotland games. He certainly did OK in the appearances he's made already.

I also think Gallagher has been at least as good as McKenna in the past 12 months.

We're not overburdened with choices in defence at the international level, however, especially with the current injuries. So I have no issues with either one of our players being selected. It also reflects well on the club to have someone like Dec get international recognition only after joining us.

If you want to go on recent form, Robertson shouldn't even be in the squad tonight, but I imagine he'll be captain and play OK.

1 hour ago, Winning by Name said:

As opposed to who in the squad?

I'd actually think that with Paterson, Jack and Palmer called up, who can all play right back that there was no need for another one...

....as for centre back, if Gallagher on current form is one of our best 4 then we are Donald ducked as he has been honking this season

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I think they are at least decent backup options, and that Gallagher would have done better than McTominay in the last two Scotland games. He certainly did OK in the appearances he's made already.

I also think Gallagher has been at least as good as McKenna in the past 12 months.

We're not overburdened with choices in defence at the international level, however, especially with the current injuries. So I have no issues with either one of our players being selected. It also reflects well on the club to have someone like Dec get international recognition only after joining us.

If you want to go on recent form, Robertson shouldn't even be in the squad tonight, but I imagine he'll be captain and play OK.

Playing poorly at the top level is a mile away from playing poorly at spfl level

31 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Again - when was the last time we had 2 players in a competitive game for Scotland. 

I agree neither has been consistent for us but I hope they do themselves and Scotland justice.

McCormack and Clarkson in 2008 I think.  Both came off the bench in a defeat against the Czech Republic.  Not sure if there's been any other double acts since.

20 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Usually I would be delighted with 2 well players playing for Scotland  but...........but hey could be worse....mcburnie could be starting..........aw jeez!!!

Watching him mime Flower of Scotland while he's LITERALLY ON CAMERA TALKING ABOUT HOW SHIT IT IS TO BE A SCOTLAND PLAYER just about fuckin sums it up.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Usually I would be delighted with 2 well players playing for Scotland  but...........but hey could be worse....mcburnie could be starting..........aw jeez!!!

He's a tosser should be nowhere near the team, Clarke needs to grow a set and tell him to GTF, there are plenty of players who would be happy to take his place.