Big Dec

Jumbomuir

8 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I almost agree with you... Gallagher was great but I’d have had Dykes above O’Donnell 

Disagree. Dykes HAS to be MOTM, he absolutely bullied that Serbian defence and won everything, stunning performance from him

Christie would be a close second, great goal and run himself into the ground. Dec would be third as he was absolutely immense and pocketed Mitrovic, and then Id have had  O'Donnell & Marshall. But nice "problem" to have as that was the best Scotland performance overall Ive seen in Years!

Very proud of O'Donnell & Gallagher, just a pity it puts them a bit further out of our league come the summer

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Still shaking after that rollercoaster.  Big dec and stevie awesome.  All Scotland players heroes but big dykes was immense and I thought jack and McGregor were immense in engine room.....and big Marshall a legend 

I agree. Huge performances all round but I thought Jack and McGregor were unbelievable. Dykes outstanding, as was Dec.

• Like 1

I liked dykes at livi but thought he wasn't good enough for international football,how wrong was i,he's been a great find for the national team,tonight he was different class,thankfully he chose us over australia or we would have to put up with that chancer mcburnie more than we already do.

1 hour ago, mfc said:

How good was big dec there,how could mitrovic think he was going to score that penalty when he was still in the big man's back pocket.

I said when he up to take his pen that Mitrovic wouldn't be confident after Big Dec bossing him.

Marshall played it perfectly standing up for as long as possible and making him choose a side.

It's always been the case that some players step up a gear in the international team and others never seem to reproduce even their club form.

Gallagher started strongly in his international career and seems to have got better every game.

Shout out to O'Donnell too who again showed why you want a right footed player in his position.

And what a great advert for the club. Sign for Motherwell, get a regular international starting slot, qualify for Finals.

50 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

My recollection is that Cooper would have been in the squad but got injured in the run up

That's right.  He was in Italy with some of the squad on an advance party and I have recollections of him and those who travelled being introduced to what would have been either the Sampdoria or Genoa crowd and was part of the warm ups.  He featured in a friendly against Egypt but was either injured in that or in training and sadly didn't make the squad.

We had Michael McGlinchey with us who was part of the New Zealand squad in South Africa I think it was, but he was only loan and wouldn't technically be a Motherwell player.

I reckon odonnell will sign new deal in January and dec will stay put.  They have chance of a lifetime and almost guaranteed place in squad for finals. If they move in January they are not guaranteed game time. More money financially if they move but risk missing out on major finals.  I know which I would choose

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

If Turnbull had stayed and was back to his 18/19 season best, he would be going to the Euros.  
Will Lennon give him the opportunity?

Does Campbell have enough time to impress 

Never mind turnbull ,he's not our player . He made his bed he can lie on it.

• Like 3