Big Dec

Jumbomuir

Declan was immense. Amazing considering he has spent little over 2 years at the top level in Scotland and had their star man, a 20 odd million pound striker, in his pocket.... whilst on the softest yellow card ever.

Stephen o donnell was also absolutely solid. His best performance for Scotland.

Not a failure in the team tbf, but these are OUR boys, and two of the top performers for me.

Hardly slept a wink, but still wide awake off the adrenaline of last night :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Top performances from our two Gallagher in particular 

After so many pundits predicting both would be dropped because of the "upgrades" available, it made it even more pleasing to see how well they performed.  That kind of loyalty won't go unnoticed by the players in the squad and backs up the "play so well you're too good to drop" philosophy Clarke was talking about.

• Like 2

This season gets more interesting as everyone will be upping their game to try and get into squad. Tony Watt must be thinking there is a chance, cant be worse than mcburnie burke or paterson. Also just a suggestion (dont shout at me) but how about seeing if billy gilmour was available on loan?.  Would be desperate for Scotland squad and would definitely be great for us.......I know it's far fetched but if you dont ask

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

This season gets more interesting as everyone will be upping their game to try and get into squad. Tony Watt must be thinking there is a chance, cant be worse than mcburnie burke or paterson. Also just a suggestion (dont shout at me) but how about seeing if billy gilmour was available on loan?.  Would be desperate for Scotland squad and would definitely be great for us.......I know it's far fetched but if you dont ask

Polworth forced Turnbull out the club, Gilmour wouldn’t fare any better

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

It is not about time to get his contract extended?

If you think he’d sign it you’re onto plums.

Best we can hope for is a move similar to Louis. By January a team that shipping goals sees him a sticky plaster and will pay an OK sum to get him 6 months earlier than the bum fight if he becomes a free agent. 

15 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Billy Gilmour? The Billy Gilmour that was starting and racking up MOTM awards for Chelsea until his injury? :blink:

14 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

It is not about time to get his contract extended?

Almost certainly he'll have been offerd one some months ago, as have the likes of Allan Campbell and Stephen O'Donnell. Whether he signs it though is an entirely different matter.  It wouldn't surprise me if he did and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

When Gilmour gets back to full fitness, I think there will be plenty opportunities for him to get in a Chelsea team that will be playing every few days from now until May. If not, he’ll be loaned to another premier league or top championship side. 

As for Gallagher, he’s undoubtedly earned himself a life changing move on the back of his incredible Scotland form. A decent six figure offer in January would do nicely for Motherwell.

1 hour ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

As for Gallagher, he’s undoubtedly earned himself a life changing move on the back of his incredible Scotland form. A decent six figure offer in January would do nicely for Motherwell.

This. At 29 and with a young family his priority will be maximising his income for the next 4 years +. That will not be possible at Motherwell.  I would love for him to sign an extension but I would put the chances of that happening at no more than 10%. 

January will be interesting. There will be interest and you would think a team may be willing to throw some money at us to tempt him away rather than relying on a pre contract agreement. If that happens then what constitutes a good offer. Qualifying for Europe was worth 750,000 Euros. Not saying we would not qualify if he leaves in Jan but it would be more difficult.  In saying that I expect it would need to be £500k + before we would consider an offer. 

SOD is interesting. I don’t think he has been great for us and arguably he has played better for Scotland. But again you would think there would be interest in a Scotland Right back. So we could have neither of them come Feb 2021. 

Still I will always remember the time the Scotland defence was players from Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Motherwell x 2 :-)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I know, it is pie in the sky but I cant see him getting a game anytime soon in the chelsea side 

Lampard seems to like Gilmour and was already using him in the Chelsea squad.  I know their transfer ban situation changed this season, but if he doesn't remain involved in the squad the most likely Scottish loan destination would be Rangers.

Gallagher needs to make sure he gets first team football. The competition is strong for starting spots in Scotland defence right now and Big Dec - who joined the squad as a backup, remember - has grabbed his chance and just got better every game. There are plenty of others breathing down his neck if his form drops.

If he ends up with a move, however, where he's not a regular starter then it becomes more of a challenge.

On a slightly different note it will be interesting to see how the Scotland team lines up in the next couple of games. Clarke said he'll need to freshen up the personnel for tomorrow's game after the heroics on Thursday.  I wonder if that will mean giving the defence a makeover (although, arguably, the back 3 doesn't have to put in as many yards as the rest of the team).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Gallagher needs to make sure he gets first team football. The competition is strong for starting spots in Scotland defence right now and Big Dec - who joined the squad as a backup, remember - has grabbed his chance and just got better every game. There are plenty of others breathing down his neck if his form drops.

If he ends up with a move, however, where he's not a regular starter then it becomes more of a challenge.

On a slightly different note it will be interesting to see how the Scotland team lines up in the next couple of games. Clarke said he'll need to freshen up the personnel for tomorrow's game after the heroics on Thursday.  I wonder if that will mean giving the defence a makeover (although, arguably, the back 3 doesn't have to put in as many yards as the rest of the team).

Tomorrow will  be different team but I think team will  be up for it as anyone coming in will  be desperate to prove themselves,  exciting times I hope

Just now, claretband said:

People talking about 6 figure sums, 500k etc? I'd be hoping for at least double that, his stock is huge at the moment.

Given that they can get him for free in June there is little chance of a big transfer free in the next window. Unless he extends his contract, of course.