Big Dec

Jumbomuir

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

billy dodds mentioned it on commentry at the scotland game the other night 

I’m actually not trying to stir anything up, just trying to understand if any of this is actually fact or fiction. I’ve personally not got a clue about the details of his contract, never seen it. I just feels a bit “ he had this”, “ so he did this” “ then he got that” so he’s obviously a terrible person and should be ostracised. 

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m actually not trying to stir anything up, just trying to understand if any of this is actually fact or fiction. I’ve personally not got a clue about the details of his contract, never seen it. I just feels a bit “ he had this”, “ so he did this” “ then he got that” so he’s obviously a terrible person and should be ostracised. 

pundits on the tv / radio wouldnt say things ( i wouldnt  think ) if they hadnt heard about it , and i am sure all these guys talk, all in all i am sure it will come out at the end of the season once heez bagged himself another gig 

35 minutes ago, smiddy said:

excellent service ? maybe his first season , and he's been wishing to go at the end of the season, since the start, good luck to him when he goes, a just hope his next club has a big front door, 

" to get his big heid inn " terrible attitude from our club captain ,,,,,,           my opionion only 

Well, if he's not that good then we'll be well shot of him then, eh? Win/Win all-round.

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

pundits on the tv / radio wouldnt say things ( i wouldnt  think ) if they hadnt heard about it , and i am sure all these guys talk, all in all i am sure it will come out at the end of the season once heez bagged himself another gig 

He would have read it in the Daily Record, the same as the guys on here.

• Like 1

Let's go back to the beginniing. The source, "close to big Dec", went to the Record with details of his contract. If they  and indeed the story, were inaccurate or downright wrong, all he had to do was to correct that publicly. He has NOT done that. 

In short, make of that what you will. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Let's go back to the beginniing. The source, "close to big Dec", went to the Record with details of his contract. If they  and indeed the story, were inaccurate or downright wrong, all he had to do was to correct that publicly. He has NOT done that. 

In short, make of that what you will. 

So, because he didn't make an official announcement on the ins & outs of his employment contract he's at it? Fair enough.

Just now, David said:

So, because he didn't make an official announcement on the ins & outs of his employment contract he's at it? Fair enough.

He's being accused of feigning or drawing out an injury in order to stop a contract extension being triggered. The trigger that people read about in the Record. Mibbe it's just me, but if my professionalism was being questioned and my reputation damaged as a result of a dodgy story, I'd have something to say about it. 

Can anyone give a good reason why that paper ran a wee story about a Motherwell player's contract in the first place?

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

He's being accused of feigning or drawing out an injury in order to stop a contract extension being triggered. The trigger that people read about in the Record. Mibbe it's just me, but if my professionalism was being questioned and my reputation damaged as a result of a dodgy story, I'd have something to say about it. 

Nah, by even acknowledging it he's just raising awareness of it and stoking the fires, because as we all know, those who have chosen to believe said story will likely not have their minds changed anyway.

Best thing to do is just get the head down, get fit, play football and secure premier league safety for Motherwell. What he decides to do next season is up to him.

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Can anyone give a good reason why that paper ran a wee story about a Motherwell player's contract in the first place?

Because he was linked with Celtic at the time, wasn't he? The fact it was Motherwell was just a side issue.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Because he was linked with Celtic at the time, wasn't he? The fact it was Motherwell was just a side issue.

The Record invented a story about his contract because they wanted Celtic to sign him? Or Celtic got them to print a story the player knew wasn't true so he wouldn't trigger a non existent clause?

I'm asking why they ran that story. When they make stuff up, there's always a reason.

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

The Record invented a story about his contract because they wanted Celtic to sign him? Or Celtic got them to print a story the player knew wasn't true so he wouldn't trigger a non existent clause?

I'm asking why they ran that story. When they make stuff up, there's always a reason.

Their journalist was probably given information. By who? Fuck knows. It won't be the first time they've been wrong, and it won't be the last. Could it have come from Gallagher's agent at his request? Possibly. Could it have come from a friend or family member? Maybe. Could it have been information gleaned by the journalist from another source? Potentially. We'll likely never know.

My point is that I'm not going to judge the guy on a story from the Daily Record, especially when it comes to claiming that he's a fraud and that he intentionally duped the club about an injury. That's a pretty heavy allegation, and I'm not going to make it.

As I said initially, he's a Motherwell player until the end of the season. As long as he plays his part in keeping us up that'll do me. After that? He can do as he wishes.

1 minute ago, David said:

Their journalist was probably given information. By who? Fuck knows. It won't be the first time they've been wrong, and it won't be the last. Could it have come from Gallagher's agent at his request? Possibly. Could it have come from a friend or family member? Maybe. Could it have been information gleaned by the journalist from another source? Potentially. We'll likely never know.

My point is that I'm not going to judge the guy on a story from the Daily Record, especially when it comes to claiming that he's a fraud and that he intentionally duped the club about an injury. That's a pretty heavy allegation, and I'm not going to make it.

As I said initially, he's a Motherwell player until the end of the season. As long as he plays his part in keeping us up that'll do me. After that? He can do as he wishes.

I'm making no comment on his injury or anything other than that story, which is where and when all this stuff started. You've just said yourself, it's a 'pretty heavy allegation'. I agree. Things like that follow people around, that's why I find it bizzare he's willing to let it pass. But that's a matter for him to decide. 

If there was ever any chance of him staying, this kinda stuff - which he can't possibly be unaware of - will have ended it. Be interesting to see how much Alexander uses him in the last 5 games.

2 hours ago, David said:

No. No details or specific contract wording required. A simple "Not true" would have sufficed. That would have killed the story stone dead.

50 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

Wouldn't you think, if the club knew that this was a non story, they would just have come out and said so, and this would have stopped all the speculation?

The fact that they said nothing speaks volumes.

I’m pretty sure the club have said nothing a good few times over the years, it’s not unknown. Maybe when he’s away something will be said but for now they don’t want to rock the boat with relegation still a possibility who knows, time will tell. For me I just want us to put out our best 11, get to safety, then move on with a new squad and manager.

1 hour ago, yosemite sam said:

Wouldn't you think, if the club knew that this was a non story, they would just have come out and said so, and this would have stopped all the speculation?

The fact that they said nothing speaks volumes.

The phrase is the silence is deafening 

it may be worth noting that the very same publication that made a big song & dance about the extension trigger only last week linked Gallagher with Aberdeen and Hearts and made absolutely zero mention of it in the article.

I wonder why that is? Surely an extension trigger being removed from the player they're talking about's contract warrants a mention, no? Or maybe they're quietly forgetting that claim in the first place?

15 minutes ago, David said:

it may be worth noting that the very same publication that made a big song & dance about the extension trigger only last week linked Gallagher with Aberdeen and Hearts and made absolutely zero mention of it in the article.

I wonder why that is? Surely an extension trigger being removed from the player they're talking about's contract warrants a mention, no? Or maybe they're quietly forgetting that claim in the first place?

There are only 2 credible possibilities regarding their story - the Record made it up, or someone representing the player gave it to them. Work out who has something to gain from this and there's your answer. Columbo wouldnae get out of bed to solve that head scratcher.

He's played well for us in the past and I hope he plays well for us in the remaining games, if he's picked, but I think it would be fair to say it hasn't been the greatest captaincy, between one thing and another.

22 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

There are only 2 credible possibilities regarding their story - the Record made it up, or someone representing the player gave it to them. Work out who has something to gain from this and there's your answer. Columbo wouldnae get out of bed to solve that head scratcher.

He's played well for us in the past and I hope he plays well for us in the remaining games, if he's picked, but I think it would be fair to say it hasn't been the greatest captaincy, between one thing and another.

Then why hasn't the Record mentioned that the trigger stipulation has supposedly been quietly removed from his contract? That latest article they haven't even referred to the same thing they made a big deal of claiming would scupper his move to his boyhood club!

The Record are at it!

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

On the bench again tonight.

I wonder if he would be starting for Scotland during this winter break had he not missed a few games for us recently, or if Hanley would have come back in regardless.

If he'd been playing and playing well for us it would have been a hard choice for Clarke, but since he wasn't doing either it was an easy choice.

Wild that O'Donnell is now our tied third most capped player despite only being here a season and being solid but not spectacular in that time.