Big Dec

Jumbomuir

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

O'Donnell has been superb tonight.

I dont understand why we play as a back 4

for Kilmarnock S’od was pushed forward - was excellent 

for Scotland he’s pushed forward and is excellent 

but we play as a flat back 4 and ....

id like to see us play the 3 -4-1-2 formation - I think we’d be much better for it and we’d get a lot from from O’Donnell 

7 hours ago, David said:

Then why hasn't the Record mentioned that the trigger stipulation has supposedly been quietly removed from his contract? That latest article they haven't even referred to the same thing they made a big deal of claiming would scupper his move to his boyhood club!

The Record are at it!

That's my thoughts. There's hasn't been a mention of the clause removal in any article since - only statements that he's out of contract in the summer. There also seemed to be some back-tracking by the record in an article mid-January - "Reports suggesting that Gallagher has been reluctant to trigger this clause appear to be inaccurate with the Scotland international displaying admirable professionalism despite the rumours."

However, and this is the weird bit for me. - both the club and the player have responded directly to the rumours, the club at the AGM and the player on twitter quite a few times, and at no point have the actually stated the clause didn't exist. They've chosen instead to give vague answers.  I don't think he's been faking an injury, but I think there is more to this situation than just a newspaper making shit up. 

Aye it seems that Big Dec has well and truly fucked up, getting his rewards now as far as I’m concerned, if he had stopped playing funny buggers then he would have at least another 2 caps.

Even the cart horse McKenna got on before him so that says everything. As Goggles n Flippers said time for a new agent haha

Should GA pick him then he has to play his socks off for us again to try and get his trip in June, you fucked up Dec!

13 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Not only is he on the bench but a centre mid has been preferred to him.

O'Donnell rested too, good for us given our game on Saturday. 

In a game where we were likely to dominate large spells of possession, Mctominay made perfect sense last night, someone that can take the ball out from the back and build. I don't think it is a case of being preferred to Gallagher, the game just didn't suit someone who's main attributes are defensive, doesn't take a football genius to figure that out.

I think Gallagher's injury although suspiciously timed is just that, really bad timing, Gallagher was absolutely nailed onto to start after his performances against Serbia particularly, there is no way he would risk that surely, if he wanted the move in the summer I don't think the club would have been difficult to deal with regarding that, certainly not enough to drag it on for the best part of two months before he was back in squads.

everyone seems to be tripping over themselves to make up conspiracy theories without having any evidence, other than an article in the daily record which should be taken with the slightest pinch of salt

just Imagine this, could he actually have been injured, MENTAL, I KNOW !!

Gallagher has found himself in a position that no one would have anticipated, he owe's the club nothing at all, he was good for us, we were good for him, one last decent pay day for him coming I am sure, thanks for your service, next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

everyone seems to be tripping over themselves to make up conspiracy theories without having any evidence, other than an article in the daily record which should be taken with the slightest pinch of salt

That's how it goes though, isn't it? He's gone from the captain and one of our best players to a total fraud who's cheating the club by pretending he's injured and someone who's refused to play another game until we remove a top secret trigger from his deal. All based entirely on media nonsense, which has never been mentioned by the outlet since.

Now certain sections of our fanbase are revelling in him not being played for Scotland, totally ignoring the fact that he's not started a game of football since January and probably isn't fit enough anyway. 

Oh wait, I forgot. He is fit. He's just kidding on that he isn't.

• Like 2

Nobody from club or Dec himself has denied that clause was in contract . At the AGM question was asked and Burrows answered as it stands Dec is out of contract end of this season well yes as it stands he would be as not started another game that was required . If false news should have been announced as such so imo definitely has some truth in it . I have no problem if club keep it in house as Burrows said himself all contracts are personal .If  Gallagher misses out on Euros he will know himself if he stuffed up his only chance of playing at a major tournament. These contracts are normal now as Balagun just triggered another year extension at Rangers in last game so not unusual . Only player and club know full story but sure it will come out eventually what the real circumstances were but not until player has left club .

8 minutes ago, David said:

That's how it goes though, isn't it? He's gone from the captain and one of our best players to a total fraud who's cheating the club by pretending he's injured and someone who's refused to play another game until we remove a top secret trigger from his deal. All based entirely on media nonsense, which has never been mentioned by the outlet since.

Now certain sections of our fanbase are revelling in him not being played for Scotland, totally ignoring the fact that he's not started a game of football since January and probably isn't fit enough anyway. 

Oh wait, I forgot. He is fit. He's just kidding on that he isn't.

couldn't have said it better myself, those sections have driven themselves nuts with the conspiracy theories they are cooking up in their heads..

3 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Nobody from club or Dec himself has denied that clause was in contract . At the AGM question was asked and Burrows answered as it stands Dec is out of contract end of this season well yes as it stands he would be as not started another game that was required . If false news should have been announced as such so imo definitely has some truth in it . I have no problem if club keep it in house as Burrows said himself all contracts are personal .If  Gallagher misses out on Euros he will know himself if he stuffed up his only chance of playing at a major tournament. These contracts are normal now as Balagun just triggered another year extension at Rangers in last game so not unusual . Only player and club know full story but sure it will come out eventually what the real circumstances were but not until player has left club .

'if it was false news the club should have announced as such' and 'I have no problem if club keep it in house as Burrows said himself all contracts are personal' - huge contradiction here, like  you said the club don't have to announce anything, and probably never will, Dec will leave in the summer and that's that, there isn't going to be some shock finale, You have absolutely no idea what has gone on, none of us do and based on that, surely taking the word of the club and Dec himself that he is indeed injured as opposed to a single article in the daily record seems the more sensible option?

what happens if he plays on Saturday and Triggers this magic extension where does that leave your wild theories?

2 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

couldn't have said it better myself, those sections have driven themselves nuts with the conspiracy theories they are cooking up in their heads..

'if it was false news the club should have announced as such' and 'I have no problem if club keep it in house as Burrows said himself all contracts are personal' - huge contradiction here, like  you said the club don't have to announce anything, and probably never will, Dec will leave in the summer and that's that, there isn't going to be some shock finale, You have absolutely no idea what has gone on, none of us do and based on that, surely taking the word of the club and Dec himself that he is indeed injured as opposed to a single article in the daily record seems the more sensible option?

what happens if he plays on Saturday and Triggers this magic extension where does that leave your wild theories?

It’s an opinion not a wild theory and we’re all allowed to have them . Sorry not to agree with yours but as I said imo something not right could be wrong have been before and will be again. If was rubbish why not come out and say that so I stick by my opinion that there is some truth in it so we will need to agree to disagree on this 1 . 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

He was pretending to be injured while he held the club to ransom until they removed the trigger from his contract without telling anyone! Keep up! ;)

12 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I believe he has played the magical 26th game and he himself has alluded to it in a Facebook exchange. Never saw it as not on Facebook. But I believe it was when he came on as sub in home game v Livi for all of 5 minutes. 

I have never explicitly said he was at it. My view is whether the rumours are true or not. If they are then it is and was a dangerous game. 

He would and likely will get a move away in the summer regardless if he had activated another year on his contract. 

The other rumour was he renegotiated his contract so that we would retain his appearance money from being in the Euro squad. Well that also looks to be under threat at the moment. 

Contracts are confidential but it is strange that whilst the fans have been debating and rumourmongering neither Dec or the club have commented to clear up one way or another. If either party were happy or even if not they could say the contract is as was or was renegotiated and both parties are satisfied and we all move on. The fact that has not happened leads me to believe one party or both are not happy ! 

It's a fans forums, hence free for debate, opinion and conjecture.

I personally am in the camp that something stinks here...have I any proof...no...but I am of the opinion that there's something not quite right for this to continue to rumble on without coming to any kind of closure.

I can't say I've ever warmed to the guy as a player either, so I certainly won't be losing any sleep over whether he makes the Euro squad or whether he does eventually move onto his next adventure...whenever and with whoever that may be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

I think Gallagher's injury although suspiciously timed is just that, really bad timing, Gallagher was absolutely nailed onto to start after his performances against Serbia particularly, there is no way he would risk that surely, if he wanted the move in the summer I don't think the club would have been difficult to deal with regarding that, certainly not enough to drag it on for the best part of two months before he was back in squads.

Think you underestimate the amount of clout AGENTS have with players. All he would be thinking about would be his % cut in the summer.