Big Dec

Jumbomuir

18 hours ago, Coatsy said:

Who do you think Alexander will bring back Gallagher who is Club Captain and looks to be off in the summer or Mugabi who has committed to next season?

Hopefully the better of the two players, summer will deal with itself.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

You are forgetting all the games in our Cup winning run.

I've supported Motherwell a long time, learned never to count on European or cup games, league games are the only ones we are guaranteed to play in, though a run to the final would be nice :nod:

36 minutes ago, ropy said:

Maybe cut a tall defender to make room for a midfielder starlet who can score goals from anywhere.....

No idea who you could be talking about..... :P

46 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hopefully the better of the two players, summer will deal with itself.

This.

Whatever his commitment levels are I’d have Gallagher in the team before Mugabi any day of the week. I think it’s a given that he’ll be away in the summer, but until then we’ve still got survival to secure and hopefully a Scottish Cup campaign to be played so our best players need to start.

From Gallagher’a point of view you’d expect/hope that if he’s serious about getting a bigger move and making the Scotland squad for the Euros then he’ll be desperate to play and prove his worth between now and the end of the season.

On 4/2/2021 at 5:36 PM, yosemite sam said:

Think about the sequence of events here.

Declan Gallagher has not been injured since joining MFC. Paper releases info about a supposed clause in his contract that will mean he would have to sign an extension to his contract after 25 games. 24 games into his career at MFC, Declan Gallagher is injured for the first time in his MFC career, meaning he won't reach 25 games, and trigger supposed extension clause. How convenient, if the clause is there. Gives him or his agent time to renegotiate the removal of said contract extension, and once done, injury can be cleared up and he can start to play again.

I don't want to know the ins and outs of his contract, just come out and say the paper information is incorrect, then end of story. We all move on, happily ever after.

Maybe a daft question but what can he offer in place of the extension?  

18 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Can you show me where in my post I said I thought he was kidding on with an injury?

You said he was refusing to play? So he's either been kidding on he was injured, or he was just flat-out being unprofessional and treating the club and his team mates with utter contempt. So what it is?

And if he did "refuse to play" then what does that say about our manager, when he just said this over the past few days about Gallagher?

"He will never let his standards drop and his mentality drop. He got injured for us and he couldn't get back into the team, but his attitude to training around the squad has been absolutely top notch, and that's what I expect from a professional like him."

Anyone who's buying into these conspiracy theories about Gallagher aren't just accusing him of being unprofessional, they're also saying those who run our club and the manager are incompetent if they're still out there defending and praising someone who's apparently taking the piss like Gallagher is supposed to be.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, David said:

Anyone who's buying into these conspiracy theories about Gallagher aren't just accusing him of being unprofessional, they're also saying those who run our club and the manager are incompetent if they're still out there defending and praising someone who's apparently taking the piss like Gallagher is supposed to be.

Do you know for an absolute fact that they are conspiracy theories?

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

Do you know for an absolute fact that they are conspiracy theories?

As stated above, if these claims are true then not only is the player himself treating the club and his team mates with utter contempt, but the club are a disgrace if they're constantly talking about his professionalism in the media knowing that he's acting that way behind the scenes.

23 minutes ago, David said:

As stated above, if these claims are true then not only is the player himself treating the club and his team mates with utter contempt, but the club are a disgrace if they're constantly talking about his professionalism in the media knowing that he's acting that way behind the scenes.

It's entirely possible there was an issue with his contract and he was injured. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

If you think the club 'constantly' talking about his professionalism is proof he's not been at it, that's a reasonable assumption. I'd say their (and his) constant refusal to deny, or make any real comment on, the original story is reasonable proof there actually was some sort of clause. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's basic logic.

As long as the club haven't rolled over on this, I couldn't give a monkey's now. We could get to safety without him if need be, and he won't be here next season.

"I think there was something at the start of the season that I wasn't privy to and when I came in [as manager] it was about keeping him here until the summer and having another conversation with him - and that hasn't changed."

Quote from Alexander. Not sure how that confirms anything was bollox.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

Well well well...

Screenshot_20210415-133030_Twitter.jpg

That's incorrect.

Alexander has said he's free to leave in the summer. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact there isn't a clause, doesn't mean there wasn't a clause. That's the rumour, and the club and player have been vague in their response to it. Alexander's comments today doesn't offer any further clarity. If anything, his vague comment about being not being privy to "something" at the start of the season just adds a bit more fuel to the rumour.  

Personally, I'm indifferent to it all now. Given the club, manager nor the player have been completely transparent suggests there was some contract wrangling, yet they all remained on good terms which suggests it's nowhere near as sinister or underhanded as some seem to believe. The board have proved in recent years that they're no mugs so if they're happy, I'm happy. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Christ folk are carrying on that we are loosing something that can't be replaced.He will and we shall move on,He was fantastic last season this season not so much let's be honest.

Correct … … Going by Saturday’s performance he was the weak link in the back 4 

49 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

But surely the paper talk had to be fact and Gallagher feigned an injury.

I'm as sure as I can be - and I hope to hell it's true - that the club wouldn't just lie back and  watch ANY player rip the piss by feigning injury. So let's accept he was indeed injured.

The contract is another bag of buns. Gallagher himself, and now Alexander, have mentioned "something" in his contract. I've no idea what it was, but anyone who insists there was nothing in there is contradicting both of them.

Apart from the injury 'story', the other conspiracy theory here is that the Record, for some reason I've yet to see explained logically (other than they're a shitrag), printed a downright lie that led to Gallagher being accused of cheating Motherwell, yet the player, his agent, the club - no one, could be arsed denying it.

He's basically a goner now, so thanks, and good luck to him, unless he comes up against us in the future.