Big Dec

Jumbomuir

14 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Serious question - is he actually here? 

Official site has him out with a calf injury - wouldn't make much sense to be up here, away from family and teammates etc when he can get treatment at his parent club. There's every chance the loan deal is signed but crewe are the ones getting him fit. 

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

Official site has him out with a calf injury - wouldn't make much sense to be up here, away from family and teammates etc when he can get treatment at his parent club. There's every chance the loan deal is signed but crewe are the ones getting him fit. 

Wish someone at the club had said 'wouldn't make much sense' before we signed him. Not the guy's fault he's injured, but it's pretty clear he wasn't match fit to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Stephen Glass is spouting forth about us complaining about his club's handling of Declan Gallagher's PCA. He says, in essence, that we had no right to complain as we announced prematurely the player's PCA with us 2 years ago. Thats not wright.  it was in fact, a third party, Tom, who made the public announcement.

• Like 1

Now that it is clear Aberdeen announced Dec's signing rather than ( as some of our fans would have us believe) being the result of underhand behaviour by the player, I would hope that we could cut him some slack.

Suspect this is a forlorn hope as Dec seems to have been prejudged throughout this season--- regardless of the absence of facts .

It's sad that the big man , who admittedly could have handled some matters better i.e. social media, will have his time at Motherwell blemished without facts to back this up.

This will be seen when he rocks up at FP with Aberdeen.

Pity.

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

Now that it is clear Aberdeen announced Dec's signing rather than ( as some of our fans would have us believe) being the result of underhand behaviour by the player, I would hope that we could cut him some slack.

Suspect this is a forlorn hope as Dec seems to have been prejudged throughout this season--- regardless of the absence of facts .

It's sad that the big man , who admittedly could have handled some matters better i.e. social media, will have his time at Motherwell blemished without facts to back this up.

This will be seen when he rocks up at FP with Aberdeen.

Pity.

As has been said before, you don't need to see shite to know its there, Gallagher and / or his agent spenr the January transfer window whoring his services to Celtic trying to cash in on his international appearances, then we had the alleged injury, and total radio silence from the club. As for the facts they may be thin on the ground but he was at it big time to try to either get a move or renegotiate his contract. 

I have no issues re  a  player trying to get a move to another club, for whatever reason, but there is a correct and decent way to handle yourself, he should have followed Campbells example.

So for me Gallagher was at it big time, his performance dropped this season, so the sooner he is off the better, I would have dropped him 3 or 4 games ago.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

his performance dropped this season, so the sooner he is off the better, I would have dropped him 3 or 4 games ago.

If we dropped everyone's whose performance dropped this season, we'd struggle to field a starting 5.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If we dropped everyone's whose performance dropped this season, we'd struggle to field a starting 5.

Very true, but not all of them combined being crap and actively trying to get an exit from their contract and the club, Gallacher did.

• Like 2

His Motherwell career consisted of 2 very mixed seasons, 60ish games, no finals, no silverware, and, to be kind, a nondescript captaincy. I doubt this carry on is what's keeping him out the hall of fame. 

And Glass should scroll a bit further down his Google results before joining the conversation.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I see Stephen Glass is spouting forth about us complaining about his club's handling of Declan Gallagher's PCA. He says, in essence, that we had no right to complain as we announced prematurely the player's PCA with us 2 years ago. Thats not wright.  it was in fact, a third party, Tom, who made the public announcement.

Thanks to a tip off from his agent. Or was it the Daily Record?

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

i'd be willing to bet Glass isn't in a job by the end of next season.

15 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

A recent sequence of Motherwell games

Gallagher doesn't play - concede 4

Gallagher plays - clean sheet

Gallagher doesn't play - concede 2

Not counting cup games?

10 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

None of that matters though! Alleged injury! Contract clause! Etc! 

11 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Not counting cup games?

11 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

In simple terms he'll be difficult to replace BUT that's exactly what we need to do. 

He's our best central defender and he's deserved his international honours. 

If he'd resigned I suspect we'd all have been delighted 

11 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I get the logic in not playing Gallagher as he won't be with us next season.... but Magloire played last night, and I would hope we can find a better option to fill a gap at centre half. In fact, Mugabi in my view is a better option, and we know he will be here after the summer.  

Mugabi wasn't even on the bench last night so I assume he was injured...

56 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I get the logic in not playing Gallagher as he won't be with us next season.... but Magloire played last night, and I would hope we can find a better option to fill a gap at centre half. In fact, Mugabi in my view is a better option, and we know he will be here after the summer.  

I share your hope about Magloire not being here next season. Either way, he's still playing at this stage, rather than our soon to be ex captain, while  Allan Campbell was picked despite indicating he's off too. Mibbe an insight into just how happy some people are with Gallagher.