Big Dec

Jumbomuir

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Would have been more surprising if Gallgaher had started given his lack of first team minutes in the last few weeks. I'm not a fan of starting players in the international team that aren't starting in their club team.

This. Dec has not played for a couple of months. All other central defenders had. That is about it.

Expect him to start v Faroe Islands as most of the players starting tonight and v Israel will be rested you would imagine. 

9 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

This. Dec has not played for a couple of months. All other central defenders had. That is about it.

Expect him to start v Faroe Islands as most of the players starting tonight and v Israel will be rested you would imagine. 

Normally I'd be delighted and proud to see any 'Well player get a start for their country but on this occasion it was just that he didn't get a game.    

I would like to see him finish the rest of his tenure at FP on a high though and have him back to his best for the remaining 5 games.  

Got to agree with wellsince75, but after Gahhagher's phantom injury to allow him time to negotiate the removal of the clause in his contract that triggered the extension, I really couldn't care less what the guy does from now on. His heart isn't in Motherwell anymore, so the sooner he goes the better.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

Got to agree with wellsince75, but after Gahhagher's phantom injury to allow him time to negotiate the removal of the clause in his contract that triggered the extension, I really couldn't care less what the guy does from now on. His heart isn't in Motherwell anymore, so the sooner he goes the better.

Even in this world of fake news, conspiracy theories and social media rumours, this story became "fact" in double quick time. (I don't really care about his real or imaginary contract negotiations, btw. I'm not exactly Jimmy Reid, but I have no problems with any worker negotiating employment terms with their bosses. And the club obviously wasn't unhappy about either, otherwise he wouldn't have kicked another ball this season).

Gallagher's form had dropped slightly at the start of this season, but that put him in good company with literally every other player in a 'Well shirt.

In the future, however, if anybody ever again asks the question about why our better players don't get international recognition ahead of guys in the English League, or are upset that a player from Dundee Utd commands a transfer fee 5 times bigger than anything we ever manage, just point them back to this thread.

The way fans talk down our players - including one who was instrumental in securing Scotland's place in the finals - is quite something.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

Completely agree and respect GA for not putting him straight back in the team.

The club would have had a bit of stick if we'd let him go in Jan but with the benefit of hindsight goggles ,  it would have been the better option.

Felt quite satisfying to see that he got dropped from the National side . 

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Even in this world of fake news, conspiracy theories and social media rumours, this story became "fact" in double quick time. (I don't really care about his real or imaginary contract negotiations, btw. I'm not exactly Jimmy Reid, but I have no problems with any worker negotiating employment terms with their bosses. And the club obviously wasn't unhappy about either, otherwise he wouldn't have kicked another ball this season).

Gallagher's form had dropped slightly at the start of this season, but that put him in good company with literally every other player in a 'Well shirt.

In the future, however, if anybody ever again asks the question about why our better players don't get international recognition ahead of guys in the English League, or are upset that a player from Dundee Utd commands a transfer fee 5 times bigger than anything we ever manage, just point them back to this thread.

The way fans talk down our players - including one who was instrumental in securing Scotland's place in the finals - is quite something.

Your entitled to your opinion, and if you believe that Gallagher's injury was real, good on you. But I would never normally be negative about any MFC players, but this just stinks.

• Like 3

It's common knowledge that Gallagher had an automatic extension after X number of appearances. He got 'injured' one game before it was due to kick in, spent a few weeks out, and has now come back and played a game and what do ya fuckin know, no contract extension.

Fuck him.

• Like 1

I'd rather we have Gallagher in the team for the remaining games regardless of the contractual/injury chat.

He's out best central defender so what's the point of shooting ourselves in the foot to send a message or whatever. Especially if it's to play a loanee from Blackburn, who isnt very good, in front of him. 

6 hours ago, GazzyB said:

It's common knowledge that Gallagher had an automatic extension after X number of appearances. He got 'injured' one game before it was due to kick in, spent a few weeks out, and has now come back and played a game and what do ya fuckin know, no contract extension.

Fuck him.

Just asking but has all of that actually been confirmed officially.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

It never will be confirmed officially but you don't need to see shite to know its there. Gallacher signed the original deal, then after a decent run of form, International recognition he suddenly thought he was a world star and Motherwell were not good enough for him.

So then the toys were out of the pram and he was reneging on the deal and whoring himself to all and sundry to get away.

He obviously got his wish re the deal as he had an instant recovery from injury, but the damage has been done, and it's obvious he no longer wants to be at the club, so for me he should never play for us again. All this he's the best defender at the club chat may be true but why play someone who obviously won't be giving his best in case he gets injured and misses the Scotland squad.

I would like to think GA had realised the shite Gallacher was up to and benched him accordingly,  so for me he should never play for us again, we won't miss him for 5 games and a cup run.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

It never will be confirmed officially but you don't need to see shite to know its there. Gallacher signed the original deal, then after a decent run of form, International recognition he suddenly thought he was a world star and Motherwell were not good enough for him.

So then the toys were out of the pram and he was reneging on the deal and whoring himself to all and sundry to get away.

He obviously got his wish re the deal as he had an instant recovery from injury, but the damage has been done, and it's obvious he no longer wants to be at the club, so for me he should never play for us again. All this he's the best defender at the club chat may be true but why play someone who obviously won't be giving his best in case he gets injured and misses the Scotland squad.

I would like to think GA had realised the shite Gallacher was up to and benched him accordingly,  so for me he should never play for us again, we won't miss him for 5 games and a cup run.

Which is the point I was trying to make. Lots of things are said by people that don’t have a clue what’s true, or not true, that’s just the way people are.

Either way, the way the whole scenario has played out, it's certainly not painting our... *checks notes* ..."club captain"...in any positive light whatsoever.

I'm in agreement with those above, in that he should be benched for the rest of the season and we play what we have to salvage our SPL status with lesser mortals.

I mean let's face it, he may be a 'decent' level defender for us in our league, but he's hardly Fabio Cannavaro forfuxake!

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

No. Like most chatter on football forums it's just speculation, and a smattering of people who'll claim they're "in the know" but can't do any better than be cryptic about their sources and suchlike.

The usual shite, basically.

If as widely speculated he feigned injury to renege on a contract then I would not even have him in the squad. 

BUT....

I would actually expect the club to do the same. I would not expect the powers that be to tolerate such behaviour. The fact they have not and the fact GA has talked up Gallacher suggests to me there is more to this.

We are still in a relegation battle at least until we gain another 3,4 or 5 points so maybe the club like some fans think let’s play our best team inc Dec. Also as widely reported we keep his appearance money from the Euros. Us not playing him between now and then means he may not make the squad. Unlikely but quite possible.

I suspect we will find out when he eventually leaves the club. 

3 hours ago, David said:

No. Like most chatter on football forums it's just speculation, and a smattering of people who'll claim they're "in the know" but can't do any better than be cryptic about their sources and suchlike.

The usual shite, basically.

so you dont think he had a clause    ?????

55 minutes ago, smiddy said:

so you dont think he had a clause    ?????

Like most people outside of a select few at the club and Gallagher's inner circle, I have no idea. 

And quite honestly, I would rather that if he did have such a clause and it was unsettling him that we negotiated it out of his deal. I have zero interest in keeping a player here who doesn't want to be here, and I certainly don't want our captain thinking about contract clauses when we're fighting to stay up.

If he gets to the end of the season and wishes to go, then fair play to him. He's given us some excellent service over the past two years.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Like most people outside of a select few at the club and Gallagher's inner circle, I have no idea. 

And quite honestly, I would rather that if he did have such a clause and it was unsettling him that we negotiated it out of his deal. I have zero interest in keeping a player here who doesn't want to be here, and I certainly don't want our captain thinking about contract clauses when we're fighting to stay up.

If he gets to the end of the season and wishes to go, then fair play to him. He's given us some excellent service over the past two years.

excellent service ? maybe his first season , and he's been wishing to go at the end of the season, since the start, good luck to him when he goes, a just hope his next club has a big front door, 

" to get his big heid inn " terrible attitude from our club captain ,,,,,,           my opionion only