Jump to content

Jumbomuir

Big Dec

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

I share your hope about Magloire not being here next season. Either way, he's still playing at this stage, rather than our soon to be ex captain, while  Allan Campbell was picked despite indicating he's off too. Mibbe an insight into just how happy some people are with Gallagher.

Surely Wee Al was played with the agreement he'd come off after a few mins with "an injury" as part of a deal with his new club to not play again this season.

No evidence, obviously, but definitely true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Surely Wee Al was played with the agreement he'd come off after a few mins with "an injury" as part of a deal with his new club to not play again this season.

No evidence, obviously, but definitely true.

The injury stuff I never went with, so it's of no interest to me now. I'm not talking about January, I'm talking about last night.

Gallagher was in the team, signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen, now he's not. Alexander said the other day he wouldn't have any problem playing him if his attitude was ok, so you can take what you want from that. The official club statement on his departure couldn't be any drier if they'd left it out all day in the Sahara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Surely Wee Al was played with the agreement he'd come off after a few mins with "an injury" as part of a deal with his new club to not play again this season.

No evidence, obviously, but definitely true.

He didn't make much effort to stay on anyway. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Dec is on his way so getting boring now, let's focus on our own players....COYW.   PS. In other news my mate was at a sperm bank earlier, lady asked if he would like to masturbate in the cup, he replied 'I said I'm good but I'm not ready to compete in a tournament yet!!!',   fang you very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Big Dec is on his way so getting boring now, let's focus on our own players

It is. Very. Alexander's clearly sticking with what he considers his strongest team, determined to get 7th place and the extra money. Campbell started last night, some of the others obviously won't be here next season, yet Gallagher's dropped to the bench. Despite, as you said in as many words elsewhere, Magloire not being up to it. 

Gallagher's still our player as long as we're paying him. Why can't we get the last couple of games out of our captain before he leaves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

It is. Very. Alexander's clearly sticking with what he considers his strongest team, determined to get 7th place and the extra money. Campbell started last night, some of the others obviously won't be here next season, yet Gallagher's dropped to the bench. Despite, as you said in as many words elsewhere, Magloire not being up to it. 

Gallagher's still our player as long as we're paying him. Why can't we get the last couple of games out of our captain before he leaves?

I never said Dec shouldn't be playing ' I just referred to fact that lot of discussion but at end of day he is gone soon,  yes I dont rate magloire but ye never know , big Rikki taking loads of pelters but is slowly changing opinion..COYW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I never said Dec shouldn't be playing ' I just referred to fact that lot of discussion but at end of day he is gone soon,  yes I dont rate magloire but ye never know , big Rikki taking loads of pelters but is slowly changing opinion..COYW

Sorry, the question as to why he's not playing wasn't aimed at you grizzly, I'm just pissed off that our captain - a Scottish internationalist - isn't being/can't be relied on even at the death, when others who won't be here next season, are. Magloire might go on to bigger things, but he's not the better player of the two right now. Lamie, I criticised earlier in the season, but he's proved me wrong. Still got the ability to be a bit of a bomb scare at times, but he puts everything into it and looks like he wants to be here, which counts for an awful lot at clubs like ours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Sorry, the question as to why he's not playing wasn't aimed at you grizzly, I'm just pissed off that our captain - a Scottish internationalist - isn't being/can't be relied on even at the death, when others who won't be here next season, are. Magloire might go on to bigger things, but he's not the better player of the two right now. Lamie, I criticised earlier in the season, but he's proved me wrong. Still got the ability to be a bit of a bomb scare at times, but he puts everything into it and looks like he wants to be here, which counts for an awful lot at clubs like ours. 

Hey no problem and totally agree about Lamie, has taken loads of terrible pelters this season but has stuck at it and proved that when playing centre half isnt as bad as first thought...COYW

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

It is. Very. Alexander's clearly sticking with what he considers his strongest team, determined to get 7th place and the extra money. Campbell started last night, some of the others obviously won't be here next season, yet Gallagher's dropped to the bench. Despite, as you said in as many words elsewhere, Magloire not being up to it. 

Gallagher's still our player as long as we're paying him. Why can't we get the last couple of games out of our captain before he leaves?

Perhaps Gallagher's attitude has been stinking the place up in training. Some players even running a contract down will give their all, others won't.  Perhaps Alexander felt Gallagher wasn't in the right frame of mind? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Perhaps Gallagher's attitude has been stinking the place up in training. Some players even running a contract down will give their all, others won't.  Perhaps Alexander felt Gallagher wasn't in the right frame of mind? 

Alexander said earlier in the week he'd be happy to play him if his attitude was good, and he wanted to see players who were motivated to win the final 2 games. He admitted he hadn't spoken to Gallagher since the signing was announced, then dropped him. I suppose we take what we want out of that. He'll be a miss as a player, but I get the feeling there's a few folk won't be too sorry to see him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I'll say is that someone I know inside the club described GA as "an iron fist in a velvet glove", so take out of that what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was great last season beside Hartley. Not captain material but Robbo made him captain and he seemed a bit lost or no really bothered about that and has been a poor captain.His form this season has been a bit average for us but got scotland cap and then thought he was too good for us i think. Couldnt care less that he is leaving and i will laff if hes found wanting at Dons under a pish manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, santheman said:

All I'll say is that someone I know inside the club described GA as "an iron fist in a velvet glove", so take out of that what you will.

Sounds good to me. 

Modern managers have to be polished when talking with the press and have to be able to motivate players that carry far more influence than they ever used to (Gallagher possibly being an example). I suppose this is the velvet glove bit. 

On the other hand it (pardon the pun) every player in that dressing room has to know who the boss is and who has the control. The iron fist. 

I suppose Alex Ferguson was the perfect example of this. He was the alpha male amongst alpha males mixing the hard man with the father figure. Who else could gave managed the likes of Cantona and  Keane? And who else would have backed Cantona in the manner Ferguson did. 

Ofcourse GA is no Alex Ferguson but I like the iron fist in a velvet glove analogy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, star sail said:

Sounds good to me. 

Modern managers have to be polished when talking with the press and have to be able to motivate players that carry far more influence than they ever used to (Gallagher possibly being an example). I suppose this is the velvet glove bit. 

On the other hand it (pardon the pun) every player in that dressing room has to know who the boss is and who has the control. The iron fist. 

I suppose Alex Ferguson was the perfect example of this. He was the alpha male amongst alpha males mixing the hard man with the father figure. Who else could gave managed the likes of Cantona and  Keane? And who else would have backed Cantona in the manner Ferguson did. 

Ofcourse GA is no Alex Ferguson but I like the iron fist in a velvet glove analogy. 

Me too.

Polworth plays the fanny...dropped.

Gallacher probably plays the fanny...dropped.

About time we had a ruthless (but fair) Manager. I hope this extends to getting rid of perma crocks. We seem to have become a charity for injured players. I get the loyalty angle but we have a small budget as it is. Give them a chance to prove their fitness. If after a reasonable time they don’t then all the very best and good luck thank you.  

We need to get beyond the you have been injured for two seasons, but we will give it a little more time nonsense. Harsh as it may come across....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't know  much about a players attitude or commitment, we guess from what we perceive for 2 hours on game day or social media coverage.

We maybe don't understand a substitution or a formation change, but most of our knowledge of football is 20 outfield players chasing a ball in primary school on an ash park and of course the internet which naturally makes everyone an expert.

We may question a certain players involvement on game day, however we didn't see them for the previous 5 days in training.

We may guess what fee a player transfers for or specific contents of a contract, sometimes helped by helpful hints or a loose tongue.

We think we can run the club better than those doing so, citing savings or overspends, however we don't know what soft promises or clauses are offered to players to secure their signature.

Would the guarantee of income despite injury appeal to players in a "non-contact" sport and make them opt for us over a competitor club? Maybe even take a lesser salary from us because that safety net is part of the package?

There's plenty of people who'll buy a telly for £600 from John Lewis because of they can collect today, the customer service and 5 year warranty. And an equal number who'll buy from an online retailer for £500, delivered 3 days later on a 1 year warranty because they'd rather have the £100 in their hippie. Every consider a footballer may be the same?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really bothered he is going has been average at best this season and think the media blowing smoke up his ass after the Scotland games made it worse started to believe own  hype a tad.

Mind when Robinson was talking about heads getting turned and players thinking this and that I bet it was Gallagher he was really talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As big, slow, immobile centre half’s go, he was up there with the best of them.

I thought he did really well in his first season, motherwell got the best out him and he did well out of motherwell.

He did well for Scotland, his best game being against Serbia but you have to look at the style of player he was up against that night. Mitrovic is a good big player but he has been out of sorts all season, he goes in huffs when he’s not happy and he’s also big and one paced. A perfect player for big dec to shine against.

When Dec did play against a quick decent striker he struggles. He was horrendous against Hapoel for example.

I don’t wish him any ill will, he did well for us and he’s off to get more money elsewhere. But I’ve seen much better centre half’s play for us and I’m sure I will again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×