Fans back into stadiums

Great Balls of Shire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57629123

Scottish stadiums could have full crowds from 10 August - Jason Leitch

Limited numbers can attend matches as things stand, like Hearts' friendly at Linlithgow on Saturday

Full crowds could return to Scottish football grounds from 10 August, says Scotland's national clinical director, who added the date was "indicative".

Under current Covid-19 rules, stadiums can have limited numbers or no fans, depending on the local authority area.

However, restrictions are set to end later this summer.

"On 9 August, all physical distancing is removed and the limits on event sizes is removed," Jason Leitch told BBC Radio Scotland's The Sunday Show.

"It's a little bit indicative. On 9 August, the levels system disappears unless, for instance, there were particular hotspots or the country didn't do what we hope it will do. Maybe vaccination slows down for some reason - I'm not expecting that."

Stadiums can have 2000 from 19 July
The first two rounds of SPFL league fixtures take place prior to 9 August, with the League Cup second round scheduled for the weekend of 14 August and league games resuming the following weekend.

On Tuesday, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced a revised routemap for lifting constraints.

From 19 July, areas in the Scottish government's level zero tier can accommodate 2,000 fans, and standing venues 1,000 spectators. Applications to increase numbers can be made on a case-by-case basis.

The new baseline limit will apply in the fourth round of the League Cup first-round group stage and Scottish clubs' European qualifiers in July. The SPFL league season should be able to begin in late July with fans in grounds.

For matches before 19 July - in the League Cup and pre-season friendlies - a maximum of 1,000 and a minimum of 250 can be accommodated, depending on local restrictions.

Have you believed everything, or should I say on a personal level anything that any government/Leitch have/has said? 

It would be wonderful if we could really believe that stadiums and life were going to get back to normal, but as has been shown before as soon as a big date gets close another “variant” appears as if by magic,

I predict with my mystic Meg crystal ball, and I really hope I can be proved wrong but I predict that the castors that are fitted to the goals will move again at the end of September to end the “normality”  just when the Well support have settled back into our seats.

• Confused 1

Clubs (and the rest of society) needs time to prepare. If the data supports opening stadiums around that date, then it's good that they know now.

If the infection rates change later, then make decisions based on that. Its just common sense.

To make any kind of progress you need to both plan for the future and react to the current situation.

(Or is the latest conspiracy Jason Leitch is superspreading just for laughs?)

2 hours ago, David said:

Here's my question: Why would he even say it if it was just a load of bollocks? We've already seen how cautious our government has been on such matters, so why would he even mention that date if he knew it wasn't going to happen?

Honestly.

Honestley....... may no be a word they understand.

2 hours ago, David said:

Here's my question: Why would he even say it if it was just a load of bollocks? We've already seen how cautious our government has been on such matters, so why would he even mention that date if he knew it wasn't going to happen?

Honestly.

Is it outwith his remit? As I understand it he is Scotland's National Clinical Advisor. A medical professional employed to advise the Scottish Government. The decision about opening up stadia and events is surely a political one and up to our elected representatives. 

16 hours ago, weeyin said:

Clubs (and the rest of society) needs time to prepare. If the data supports opening stadiums around that date, then it's good that they know now.

If the infection rates change later, then make decisions based on that. Its just common sense.

To make any kind of progress you need to both plan for the future and react to the current situation.

(Or is the latest conspiracy Jason Leitch is superspreading just for laughs?)

it shouldn't matter if infection rates rise , its hospitisations/ fatalities which should be the driver....presumably with majority of vulnerable vaccinated , it shouldn't hapoen

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Is it outwith his remit? As I understand it he is Scotland's National Clinical Advisor. A medical professional employed to advise the Scottish Government. The decision about opening up stadia and events is surely a political one and up to our elected representatives. 

I believe that his recommendations will play a part in that process though, won't it? 

Look at it this way, if they say nothing everyone moans like fuck, complaining that clubs are being kept in the dark and unable to plan. If they give us a tentative date so that clubs can start planning, everyone moans like fuck. 

I'm personally just happy to start seeing actual dates being mentioned. 

I would be very surprised if the government went against professional medical advice. Haven't done it so far or at least if they have it's never been publicised.

Only thing I could see stopping a return to normality would be a new variant resistant to the current vaccines.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 5:25 PM, Motherwell Daft said:

It would be wonderful if we could really believe that stadiums and life were going to get back to normal, but as has been shown before as soon as a big date gets close another “variant” appears as if by magic,

Your use of quotation marks around the word variant suggests that you believe that the government (and indeed the rest of the world) are just inventing new variants to stop you from doing the things you want to do.

Is that foil hat comfortable?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Your use of quotation marks around the word variant suggests that you believe that the government (and indeed the rest of the world) are just inventing new variants to stop you from doing the things you want to do.

Is that foil hat comfortable?

While I don't buy all these conspiracy theories, I have to admit that since I received the two Moderna vaccinations my 5G reception has been terrific.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

While I don't buy all these conspiracy theories, I have to admit that since I received the two Moderna vaccinations my 5G reception has been terrific.

You'll need that for your tracker implant to work properly.