Fans back into stadiums

Great Balls of Shire

Anyone received any further information from the club as mentioned in the ballot result email?

"On Friday, we will email you with all of the important information you need to know for coming back to Fir Park. Please look out for that email."

Only reason I'm asking is I'd expect there would be all sorts of restrictions/rules on when you should be arriving and in your seat etc etc etc

22 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Not an SNP council so possibly willing to go a bit higher than Scottish Government advice. 

But insisting on evidence of a negative test so tighter from that point of view. However no mention of negative tests for Celtic and their 9000. Rangers are requiring negative tests for fans attending the Arsenal friendly.

I phoned Fir Park and was told all we needed was the bar code to allow access. No evidence of negative test or vaccination required.  So I can only assume each Local Authority is working to their own criteria. But all far too random.

11 minutes ago, dennyc said:

But insisting on evidence of a negative test so tighter from that point of view. However no mention of negative tests for Celtic and their 9000. Rangers are requiring negative tests for fans attending the Arsenal friendly.

I phoned Fir Park and was told all we needed was the bar code to allow access. No evidence of negative test or vaccination required.  So I can only assume each Local Authority is working to their own criteria. But all far too random.

Aye but if you want to avoid the risk of a false positive you can just report the test as negative without actually taking it. 

I've also read that LFT tests only return positive results from the third day of symptoms for a lot of people so if you take the test two days before the game there is still significant scope for being infected on match day. 

The LFT tests that Hancock bought billions of were rejected by medical regulators in the USA.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Not an SNP council so possibly willing to go a bit higher than Scottish Government advice. 

On that basis, we’ll have nothing to worry about given we’re not under an SNP controlled council then? 

Why is it not a good sign then in your opinion? 

26 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Does anyone know what’s happening with the tickets for Saturday?

I got an email saying I was successful in the ballot, however, no email regarding tickets or important information. 

Sorry if I have missed an announcement or post on here already

I think most / all people with ballot success have been emailed with bar-coded tickets on a PDF. Maybe check your junk mail? I did also see a couple of things on MFC Facebook where things have gone wrong somehow, and the response from MFC was ‘contact the ticket office’. Hopefully it’s all good, seems like everyone who wants to get in will do so

52 minutes ago, Ballso said:

On that basis, we’ll have nothing to worry about given we’re not under an SNP controlled council then? 

Why is it not a good sign then in your opinion? 

I don't think they will go from 15% or 25% to 100% in 3 weeks when all restrictions are scheduled to end. 

Hopefully our council will be more sensible than GCC.

41 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Does anyone know what’s happening with the tickets for Saturday?

I got an email saying I was successful in the ballot, however, no email regarding tickets or important information. 

Sorry if I have missed an announcement or post on here already

As the previous poster said, check your junk mail. Also check if the payment has went through. I had to pay over the phone as mine hadn’t went through for some reason  and got my email sent through immediately (to my junk mail) while on the phone to the ticket office.

I’ve not had the important information one.

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I don't think they will go from 15% or 25% to 100% in 3 weeks when all restrictions are scheduled to end. 

Hopefully our council will be more sensible than GCC.

Knowing a couple of people at the council it's not as simple as moving up the percentages.  They've got a guidance framework but every game and ground is looked at across loads of variables and each council will be the same. We luckily have a decent relationship with them too.

Things like total actual capacity, space for players and staff, actual number of fans, entry and exit points to stadium and surrounding approach etc, space within stadiums and different stands, will more people likely travel by car or public transport, previous fan behaviour,l and previous club behaviour.in the pandemic.To name but a few.

49 minutes ago, superward said:

Knowing a couple of people at the council it's not as simple as moving up the percentages.  They've got a guidance framework but every game and ground is looked at across loads of variables and each council will be the same. We luckily have a decent relationship with them too.

Things like total actual capacity, space for players and staff, actual number of fans, entry and exit points to stadium and surrounding approach etc, space within stadiums and different stands, will more people likely travel by car or public transport, previous fan behaviour,l and previous club behaviour.in the pandemic.To name but a few.

A lot is open to interpretation and Government guidance  needs to be stronger and clearer to ensure consistency.

Unlike  the SNP to allow councils that level of autonomy.

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Aye but if you want to avoid the risk of a false positive you can just report the test as negative without actually taking it. 

I've also read that LFT tests only return positive results from the third day of symptoms for a lot of people so if you take the test two days before the game there is still significant scope for being infected on match day. 

The LFT tests that Hancock bought billions of were rejected by medical regulators in the USA.

Ive been doing regular lat flow testing just to be a but safe and I took a lat flow 2 Fridays ago, negative, again on the Monday negative, missus developed symptoms (lack of taste) on the Tuesday so did a PCR on the Tuesday, positive. Tested again with lat flow on the Friday to see what it said, also negative.

Missus is a chemist and explained that the PCR amplifies the protein when it's detected so it will show a result whereas a lat flow requires a threshold value to be reached before the indicator line discolours. So PCR will pick up a far smaller virus amount.

Either that or the lat flow are all as useful as Kasper Sloth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, superward said:

It's clearer than what is publicly available. That's all I'll say. 

I'm sure you're right. However questions need to be asked of the guidance if different local authorities differ in their decisions regarding very similar situations. 

I'd imagine local authorities on the ground are better placed to make these calls than the Government. When you listen to our safety officer's bit on YouTube today, he mentions things like the shallow pitch of the seat rows in the Hunter means we need 2 rows gap in there. I imagine in other stands and other grounds that's different, and I'm sure there are a dozen other different critiera that need to be taken into account,

17 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm sure you're right. However questions need to be asked of the guidance if different local authorities differ in their decisions regarding very similar situations. 

But they don’t differ?  
the chat started with the clown claiming it was an non-government party led authority offering different allowances, ignoring we are in an authority controlled by parties not in government ,

then an insight  of the many factors was offered and it’s clear it’s nothing to do with clarity or political affiliation in the authority , it’s simply complex with many variables in a changing environment .

the biggest factor possibly being the authority having to consider everything that’s happening within its boundaries not just one event.

non football people will be amazed at what’s being permitted to date 

For those who can't attend today I'm happy to report the new sound system is nice and crisp. No longer will your heart drop to your sphincter as that car back fire sound hits you. 

Nice to be back, hopefully a great performance with the fans being back. 

2 hours ago, Heisenboab said:

Not complaining, but I'm astounded they are not ensuring everyone is sitting in their allocated seats. Thought that would be pretty high up the list or requirements when applying for 2000 to get in.

Completely agree. I thought the wee preview video made it quite clear there would be two rows of empty seats and at least three vacant seats between fans. However, at half time a group of guys came and sat directly behind us, in full view of the nearest steward who clearly noticed, but did nothing.

3 hours ago, Heisenboab said:

Not complaining, but I'm astounded they are not ensuring everyone is sitting in their allocated seats. Thought that would be pretty high up the list or requirements when applying for 2000 to get in.

Under the current rules you are allowed up to 2k fans without any further requirements obviously covid protocols apply. You only need to make an application if you want more than 2K fans at the game.

Is anyone surprised that the match stewards did feck all, but that said the whole 2m social distance is a joke, especially when you are effectively outdoors as you are at FP. 

As it was all ST holders there today they should have been given their own seats, my mate was allocated row D in the south stand and basically saw feck all of the game, spreading the supporters out over 4 stands was a nonsense.

If 2m is safe and we can't restrict the crowd to two-jabs-only, where's the harm?

We've never tried to come out of a pandemic before (as the recent large spike in infections rate shows), so if a couple of games where you sit in a different seat is the price to pay, then it shouldn't be too much of an effort.

25 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Under the current rules you are allowed up to 2k fans without any further requirements obviously covid protocols apply. You only need to make an application if you want more than 2K fans at the game.

Is anyone surprised that the match stewards did feck all, but that said the whole 2m social distance is a joke, especially when you are effectively outdoors as you are at FP. 

As it was all ST holders there today they should have been given their own seats, my mate was allocated row D in the south stand and basically saw feck all of the game, spreading the supporters out over 4 stands was a nonsense.

Think those rules kick in on Monday so we had to present plans and get an agreement from the government/council.

Just wish I'd known it was a free for all with seats before helping my disabled mum up to row N to find someone in our seats and them refusing to move. Arsepieces.

• Like 1