Fans back into stadiums

Great Balls of Shire

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Completely agree. I thought the wee preview video made it quite clear there would be two rows of empty seats and at least three vacant seats between fans. However, at half time a group of guys came and sat directly behind us, in full view of the nearest steward who clearly noticed, but did nothing.

Four guys, one keen on the words 'paedo' and 'beast' to insult the opposition? I only ask because they were sitting not too far from us in the first half (suspect also not their seats given they were in the row in front of me about 3 seats along), but never reappeared at half time. 

Interestingly, I stopped to have a quick (masked) conversation on the concourse with a guy I know, wishing to congratulate him on his recent grandson. Literally two seconds, there was a steward asking me to move along. Again, I don't mind but all you'd hope for is consistency of approach...

The ticketing appeared to be an issue, sounded like ticket master basically created groups of 4 by putting together two groups of two etc which meant that we had someone next to one of our three that was a random and seemed to be the same a few rows in front and behind in the East, heard one of the safety guys saying basically just try and spread out as best you can. 

Watching on TV, there appeared to be quite large gaps but also small groups of fans. I got the impression that had folk been properly spaced out we could have accommodated another 500 - 1,000 fans easily.  Out of interest were fans allowed to take non alcoholic drinks into the stadium?

27 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Watching on TV, there appeared to be quite large gaps but also small groups of fans. I got the impression that had folk been properly spaced out we could have accommodated another 500 - 1,000 fans easily.  Out of interest were fans allowed to take non alcoholic drinks into the stadium?

There were cups of water available for all

33 minutes ago, ropy said:

There were cups of water available for all

You can go into any cafe, pub or restaurant and queue up for sit in or take away food no problem,  but you can't go to a refreshment kiosk at a football stadium to buy any food or drink, it's a feckin nonsense.

24 minutes ago, TvTotherwell said:

Folks who were there yesterday, what's your thoughts on all season ticket holders getting into the Hibs game?  

Could the club manage this safely across all 4 stands? 

I'm sure they could - but it would be more about the "morons" attending actually sitting where they are allocated.

48 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I'm sure they could - but it would be more about the "morons" attending actually sitting where they are allocated.

I think as this issue currently goes beyond normal politeness and good manners, now being a public health issue, the stewards should enforce organised distancing. Some fans may have been put off from attending games because of this issue. The bottom line is that the club  needs to take responsibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think as this issue currently goes beyond normal politeness and good manners, now being a public health issue, the stewards should enforce organised distancing. Some fans may have been put off from attending games because of this issue. The bottom line is that the club  needs to take responsibility.

Agree totally.

Wednesday night will be even more interesting as it's "Free Seating".

I was allocated 2 seats in the South stand for myself and granddaughter. Usually sit in Hunter stand. Granddaughter didn't go so I sat in Seat X28 and she would have been in X29. Surprisingly there was a guy on his own sitting in Seat X30. I asked him if he was in the correct seat and he showed me his printed out ticket which confirmed he was in the correct seat. What is the point of trying to socially distance if tickets are issued to strangers beside you ??. 

Also face masks were asked to be worn especially if you were moving around. Where I was in the South stand I would guess less than 5% of people wre wearing masks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, real dosser said:

I was allocated 2 seats in the South stand for myself and granddaughter. Usually sit in Hunter stand. Granddaughter didn't go so I sat in Seat X28 and she would have been in X29. Surprisingly there was a guy on his own sitting in Seat X30. I asked him if he was in the correct seat and he showed me his printed out ticket which confirmed he was in the correct seat. What is the point of trying to socially distance if tickets are issued to strangers beside you ??. 

That was me that was next to you lol. I had arrived at 2 and went in early as I assumed it might have been more of a hassle getting in and seated. The Stewards were good initially helping fans find their seats but as it got busier they just left everyone be, I noticed a few folk bumping into friends decided to just sit together. 

Obviously quite surprised my seat was right next to others, I thought I might have missed out on the ballot as I only wanted one seat. 

Fairly certain we could allow all of our season ticket holders in and have sufficient social distancing around the stadium.  

It was a lot easier to get parked on Saturday though! :P

23 hours ago, real dosser said:

Also face masks were asked to be worn especially if you were moving around. Where I was in the South stand I would guess less than 5% of people wre wearing masks. 

I can understand mask wearing in the concourse bit in the open air   just not necessary....its hard enough to enforce the vital controls without asking them to do the needless. 

On 7/20/2021 at 12:19 PM, steelboy said:

Rangers are getting 17,000 for their opening fixture.

1/3 of capacity. 

Which would let pretty much all our season ticket holders in if equally applied....

Is anyone else getting weird stuff happening in regards to paying for the League Cup game tickets? They charged me for the first game then refunded some, charged me for next game then refunded some then charged me again.

27 minutes ago, Kat said:

Is anyone else getting weird stuff happening in regards to paying for the League Cup game tickets? They charged me for the first game then refunded some, charged me for next game then refunded some then charged me again.

Yeah. I got charged £6 a few days back then a further £18 yesterday for the Annan game.

Two of the 4 tickets I got should have been concessions so thought they were rectifying that with the £6 payment even though that doesn't add up. Been overcharged but cannot be arsed trying to sort it out.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

I should have added, season ticket holders will get another email to enter another ballot. I'm not sure what the deal is with away supporters and that at the moment. 

If I was the club, I wouldn't sell any away tickets unless every 'Well that wants to attend gets one.