Fans back into stadiums

Great Balls of Shire

2 hours ago, TvTotherwell said:

Hibs tickets applied for. Annoying as there's 5 of us sit together but can only add 3 to my application. Looks like me or the Mrs might be sitting on our jack Jones if we are not in the same stand. 

"I'm really sorry, dear - I'd  have loved it if you were sitting beside me, but the ticketing system MADE me put you up in the back row of the South Stand. Give us a wee wave to let us know you arrived safely."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weeyin said:

"I'm really sorry, dear - I'd  have loved it if you were sitting beside me, but the ticketing system MADE me put you up in the back row of the South Stand. Give us a wee wave to let us know you arrived safely."

I'd be stuck with two teenagers and a 5 y/o. I might "take one for the team" and sit alone 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kat said:

I see Hibs have announced that they have been given 2000 seats for the game this weekend. 

I find that interesting given it was announced on Saturday that Season Ticket holders had until 6pm on Tuesday 27th to confirm their intention to attend...

5 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I find that interesting given it was announced on Saturday that Season Ticket holders had until 6pm on Tuesday 27th to confirm their intention to attend...

Yeah I agree, strange that we all need to apply and hope for the best. What is our season ticket number roughly? Just over 5000 or so? It was Hibs that officially announced this an hour or so ago.  It'll be frustrating if some season ticket holders miss out while away fans get in. I'm also assuming the 2000 fan's is now on top of the 4500 well fans. 

Just now, Kat said:

Yeah I agree, strange that we all need to apply and hope for the best. What is our season ticket number roughly? Just over 5000 or so? It was Hibs that officially announced this an hour or so ago.  It'll be frustrating if some season ticket holders miss out while away fans get in. I'm also assuming the 2000 fan's is now on top of the 4500 well fans. 

First game of the season usually has a good thousand or so on top of the ST holders attendance. So there are going to be a good few Well fans missing out here. 

7 minutes ago, Kat said:

Yeah I agree, strange that we all need to apply and hope for the best. What is our season ticket number roughly? Just over 5000 or so? It was Hibs that officially announced this an hour or so ago.  It'll be frustrating if some season ticket holders miss out while away fans get in. I'm also assuming the 2000 Dan's is now on top of the 4500 well fans. 

I read it is now only one seat distance so our 4500 ST fans will be accommodated relatively easily between the 3 home stands. I also saw Flow say there will be a number of general sale tickets over and above the normal walk up crowd for a home game. Granted this is a different game and like many I did not make League Cup home games. 

That plus free season tickets are just that. Free. 2000 Hibs fans would equate to £40k plus in much needed revenue. Edit to add - would there have been an extra 2000 Well fans that would have attended ? Then there might be a gripe…chances are Hibs will sell out that allocation where we might not have sold extra 2000 tickets on top of 4500 season ticket holders….

So in summary I doubt any ST fans will miss out. Yes there may be some Well fans that would have liked to have gone. They will just have to be quick when the General sales comes about. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the increased numbers and  seating plan approved by the Local Authority means we can accommodate all our ST fans in the usual home seating areas, with seats still available for non ST holders?  In which case MFC will already know that the South Stand will be empty if Hibs fans are not allowed to attend the match. Economically it makes sense to allow away fans to purchase tickets as soon as possible. About £40,000 worth of sense.

I very much doubt that any Motherwell fan wanting to attend the match will be refused a ticket. 

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

Everyone will get a ticket plus I assume it’s on the telly.

Yeah it's on TV. In fairness the last two games at Fir Park against Hibs that fans could attend brought a crowd of just under 6000. I wonder how it will work for our tickets, I assume just a random seat in our normal stand. 

7 minutes ago, Kat said:

Yeah it's on TV. In fairness the last two games at Fir Park against Hibs that fans could attend brought a crowd of just under 6000. I wonder how it will work for our tickets, I assume just a random seat in our normal stand. 

Sounds like it. The announcement on the official site says that they expect season ticket holders to be in their usual stand, but not their usual seat.

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Mine just arrived a few mins ago.

I'm in my usual stand, but not my regular seats.

Same here but funnily enough seats wise I'm three rows further forward but the same seat number. 

37 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

That's fair enough if the home fans are able to take up all the allocation allowed by the LA but if they don't then it's a bit annoying. 

Not sure if our allocation was 6500 and we have gave 2k to Hibs or that was a stipulation with the LA.