Fans back into stadiums

Great Balls of Shire

53 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think I'm right in saying that the proposals would only apply to adults ie those aged 18 and over. But, given that a substantial proportion of football crowds are aged under 18, what about slightly younger age groups?

What, the group that it’s running riot through? Your thinking to sensible :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

What did I miss here?

I think the question that was being asked if the vaccine passport comes into use how will this affect the club regarding refunds of season ticket money and how will the club carry out checks at the turnstiles . As nobody knows the percentage of our support that has had two jags seems a relevant question nothing political about it 

32 minutes ago, Yodo said:

I think the question that was being asked if the vaccine passport comes into use how will this affect the club regarding refunds of season ticket money and how will the club carry out checks at the turnstiles . As nobody knows the percentage of our support that has had two jags seems a relevant question nothing political about it 

That was my take on it too.

Mystified as to why anyone would see that as in any way political.

2 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Not really their patter lots of non nationalist use that and a few others when referring to her. 

I'd be amazed if it wasn't a h*n that managed to dream that bit of patter up...considering how pish it is.

And for the record, I sat behind the bold steelboy at the last match and he was like a new man...didnae moan once

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'd be amazed if it wasn't a h*n that managed to dream that bit of patter up...considering how pish it is.

And for the record, I sat behind the bold steelboy at the last match and he was like a new man...didnae moan once

Its funny no matter who you are. Even Boris said so . Lighten up.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Yassin said:

if all Steelboy did is call her Jimmy Krankie I'm a bit mystified by the reaction here. It's shite patter but hardly the worst thing that you could say about the country's most senior politician.

I agree that the original comment hardly registers on a scale of 1 to 10 but anything even remotely political can stir up unpredictable and mercurial reactions, and is best avoided on football fora. In general though this board is far better than some in that regard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David said:

I've had my vaccine, but if we see this passport thing implemented I'll not be back. I can't and won't support the idea of bullying people to get a vaccine with the threat of social exclusion. 

Not really something I can get behind. 

Ok.. Where's your seat in case it's got a better view than mine? 

On a serious note, while I wouldn't want to bully anyone into taking a vaccine, if there's a pandemic running rampant through the country, I don't think it's unreasonable for a government to limit large gatherings to those less likely to spread it if possible. And I say that as someone who has little time for Nicola Sturgeon. 

If I wanted a laugh, I would question how much of a Motherwell fan you are if having to show proof of vaccination is enough to keep you away from Fir Park....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David said:

I've had my vaccine, but if we see this passport thing implemented I'll not be back. I can't and won't support the idea of bullying people to get a vaccine with the threat of social exclusion. 

If this idea is implemented will you also stop going to pubs,  clubs and concerts? By boycotting Fir Park you'd be harming an innocent party in the form of MFC. Despite some basic misgivings, I can see some merit in the general idea. As always the devil would be in the detail.

1 hour ago, David said:

Bit harsh to punish the club for a decision that's not theirs to make.

I'd imagine to avoid the cost of setting up a QR code scanning system etc. We will just cap capacity at 10k.

Saves any fall out from it and would only be an issue 4 times a season absolutely maximum and even then unlikely.

Though we can worry about it in May for the Scottish cup semi and final.

2 hours ago, David said:

If it gets even more folk vaccinated and therefore stops the spread,and more dying. I’m ok with that.  I would be happy to know everyone around me was vaccinated. If only we could get over10,000 into the park,

• Like 5

It's great we are getting back to watch football but I don't  like this basically holding a gun to the head if you don't get it then you are not allowed.

We are getting to the stage where its going to be papers please!You don't have the jab well you sit in that stand with the rest of the unvaccinated.

It's going down dangerous path.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

It's great we are getting back to watch football but I don't  like this basically holding a gun to the head if you don't get it then you are not allowed.

We are getting to the stage where its going to be papers please!You don't have the jab well you sit in that stand with the rest of the unvaccinated.

It's going down dangerous path.

Rightly so! The sooner we stop mollycoddling these anti vaxxers the better. 

• Like 2

I don't see how this is bullying. You absolutely have the right not to have the vaccine. That's your choice. But every choice has impact. In which case you are choosing to forfit other things to prove some point which has been wiped out by all the science under the sun. 

As for this 'issue'...we won't be having over 10k in Fir Park this season so we needn't worry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

As for this 'issue'...we won't be having over 10k in Fir Park this season so we needn't worry.

I agree we won't break 10K. It's rare we ever do these days. 

I am not sure the authorities will accept that thought if the potential capacity is nearly 14K.  Sure we can limit the capacity but that means ticketing all the games regardless of opponents.

5 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

I don't see how this is bullying. You absolutely have the right not to have the vaccine. That's your choice. But every choice has impact. In which case you are choosing to forfit other things to prove some point which has been wiped out by all the science under the sun. 

It's a big change for the way our country works and there is no guarantee its use won't be expanded to other venues or areas.

It also seems unlikely to make any difference to Covid totals. Around 2% of the populatiom attend football at the weekend. Limiting the movements of the >0.4 population who may be refused entry isn't going to make much difference overall and a fair whack of them will just go to another unventilated public place anyway. 

The 'gun to the head' chat is ridiculous. I've been to Fir Park twice and I didn't see anyone who looked like they were unduly concerned about the pandemic.

• Like 2