Season 2020’21: Game 8 Aberdeen (A)

Andy_P

11 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Aberdeen looking for a seventh successive win.  This is exactly the type of game Motherwell will......

1. Surprise us all with a brilliant performance and win?

2.. keep it solid at the back and earn a point?

3. Or play  like we have been in recent weeks, no cutting edge up front but still be in the game late on and then feck it up  and lose.

Answers on a postcard please to SR at Fir Park

I think we will win this. We have a good record against Aberdeen. Aberdeen have had a good start to the season but they are not thumping teams. 

I was reading in the transfer thread that we have no quality in the side. At the start of the season, I think we all felt that we did. Nothing had really changed (loss of Turnbull apart which was inevitable) so for me it is a lack of confidence rather than a lack of quality. Our best performance by some way was against Hibs.  I think we may do the same again. 

0-1 Motherwell and our season kicking on from there. 

I’d like to see us go back to 4 at the back for this with Lamie or Mugabe making way for Hastie to come back in. Seems the perfect game for it and players will be playing for a place on Thursday. 

Watt and Lang scoring during the week is positive, hopefully they can both continue in a bit of form and get us some important goals. 

1 hour ago, Ped_MFC said:

Game on Alba at 6pm tomorrow if anyone fancies saving the £13 PPV cost, avoiding the result and watching 'as live'.

You should also mute the unintelligible commentary and pause the programme at random intervals for that authentic streaming experience.

Aberdeen struggle for goals and McInnes is a defensive manager by nature. If we can get the first goal we can cause them a problem cos you don't see them scoring 2 or 3 very often.

However I don't see us winning the midfield battle tomorrow.  McCrorie has done well since joining and they have Lewis Ferguson and Dylan McGeouch.  Meanwhile Campbell is struggling to make the game and he basically is our midfield.

You'd probably be happy with a point but I would expect Aberdeen to grind out a result as they tend to have done this term.  

While the sheep have to be favourites given their run and home advantage I don't see this as a mountain to climb. They're not the OF or anything like it. They're big and physical, expect a lot of fouling, but they're no silky football playing goal machine. Get the first goal and this can be a good away win.