Season 2020’21: Game 9: Rangers (H)

Andy_P

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

Cannot guess the defence, cannot defend the defence, defence can’t defend.

That will be the game in a nutshell. No way are we keeping a Rangers side that won a way in Europe 4-0 at bay with our current defence. Thank fully Bevis is back but sooner Carroll is also back the better. 

That plus the constant bleating about referees performance and Hibs brutality means we are a stick on for at least 2 penalties and 2 red cards. Also Bluenose John Beaton is referee. 

4 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

If we had any depth to our defensive options, I’ve be dropping Declan. Instead, I’ll settle for his pal being displaced. 

I’m not expecting much from this game as we’ll likely be low on energy but I have a faint hope that Watt, Long and Lang can give them a hard time, 

Drop him. Play a back four of Grimshaw, Mugabi,  Maguire and McGinlay. We'll probably lose the game anyway so a message needs to be sent. Play a box midfield four with Crawford and Polworth sitting and Polworth and Campbell in front. Front two of Lang and Watt...

Our aim should be to avoid red cards and injuries. Anything over and above  that will be a bonus. Some changes required to freshen up a tired and no doubt dispirited squad. Maybe returns for Lang, White  and Mugabi? Will Crawford make his debut? Will Barry Maguire be given his chance?  

2 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

If we had any depth to our defensive options, I’d be dropping Declan. Instead, I’ll settle for his pal being displaced. 

I’m not expecting much from this game as we’ll likely be low on energy but I have a faint hope that Watt, Long and Lang can give them a hard time, 

I’m hoping that they might be pissed off enough to fire themselves up. 

12 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Drop him. Play a back four of Grimshaw, Mugabi,  Maguire and McGinlay. We'll probably lose the game anyway so a message needs to be sent. Play a box midfield four with Crawford and Polworth sitting and Polworth and Campbell in front. Front two of Lang and Watt...

Bad enough playing one Polworth but playing two is hard tae stomach 

Hopefully big bevis can come back in and have a good game as none of the rest of our defenders can be trusted,i have visions of lamie giving away a penalty.sit back and let the game drift by and we will get battered,best chance we have is to have a go and see where that gets us.

We will play our "fantastic" brand of football, passing between the back 3 before one of them launches it 50 yards to nobody, we will gift them a goal with comedy defending, give them a stupid penalty and they will run out comfortable 3-0 winners, Robbo will blame the trip to Israel and the happy clappers will be smug cause Grimshaw passed the ball to a teammate twice in the match and managed a non illegal throw in. Declan will come on after the match saying "the boys worked so hard/we never got the breaks/Im proud of the effort"

Back to the bottom of the league, but its all good, Robbo DID take us to 2 cup final pumpings a few years ago!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shaka said:

We will play our "fantastic" brand of football, passing between the back 3 before one of them launches it 50 yards to nobody, we will gift them a goal with comedy defending, give them a stupid penalty and they will run out comfortable 3-0 winners, Robbo will blame the trip to Israel and the happy clappers will be smug cause Grimshaw passed the ball to a teammate twice in the match and managed a non illegal throw in. Declan will come on after the match saying "the boys worked so hard/we never got the breaks/Im proud of the effort"

Back to the bottom of the league, but its all good, Robbo DID take us to 2 cup final pumpings a few years ago!

Yes I think you have summed Sunday up in that post .Dont forget Robbo got us to 2 cup finals don't think we won any though .

29 minutes ago, Shaka said:

It's almost getting like Tories telling the SNP to stop talking about independence and then continually talking about independence.  The only ones who constantly harp on about the Cup Finals these days are the ones who want to see the back of him.

EDIT: And oh look! There's Yodo skipping along to further re-enforce the point.

• Haha 1