Jump to content

Andy_P

Season 2020’21: Game 9: Rangers (H)

Recommended Posts

We don't have the quality in the team and the players who are half decent are devoid off confidence because of the dross around them. We're playing essentially with 7 players. Should never have punted Hartley. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Without doing a lot of research my understanding in a couple of lines.

The new law which came into force this season obliges match officials to penalise any contact between ball and hand — even if slight and accidental

Last night on Match of the day they were almost tearing up their notebooks and walking out after the Palace game. Does anyone know exactly why the law was changed, it sounds like something dreamt up by a committee who don't know the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

We don't have the quality in the team and the players who are half decent are devoid off confidence because of the dross around them. We're playing essentially with 7 players. Should never have punted Hartley. 

Personally I think Hartley going was the right decision, we just failed to replace him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, claretband said:

Last night on Match of the day they were almost tearing up their notebooks and walking out after the Palace game. Does anyone know exactly why the law was changed, it sounds like something dreamt up by a committee who don't know the game?

Oh, you mean referees?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Without doing a lot of research my understanding in a couple of lines.

The new law which came into force this season obliges match officials to penalise any contact between ball and hand — even if slight and accidental

Someone said it elsewhere but if this is the case. I would instruct players to fire the ball at opposition players hands every time we are in the box. Knowing our players it would hit their heads. 

Such a passive performance. We know Rangers are a better team / squad and they are going forwards as we are going badly backwards. Give Lamie a rest please ! McGinley may be no great shakes but cmon to fuck Lamie is  good for a goal against every game. 

Hope we can keep it to 3 or 4 or even get a goal back but I expect this to be 5or 6 by FT. Now watching Sheff U v Leeds. This is too painful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

We don't have the quality in the team and the players who are half decent are devoid off confidence because of the dross around them. We're playing essentially with 7 players. Should never have punted Hartley. 

I totally agree with the other points you make but i actually think letting hartley and tait go was the right decision,we probably had as good as we were going to get out them,it's been our recruitment over the summer that's been the problem,not one signing looks like they have anything to offer an added to some of the dross that's already here then we really are in trouble.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was always a risk of a hangover today and so it’s proved. No complaints over the Rangers penalties but Campbell should have had one too. 

Tactically, a back 3 was always asking for trouble against 3 forwards but whatever the shape, we’re having to rely on an out of sorts Gallagher and O’Donnell alongside a dumpling who was presumably brought in as cover. 

Keep it respectable Motherwell. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maguire wouldn't be any worse than some of the imposters that start every week,either give the boy a chance from the start or not at all,this bringing him on when others have already fucked the game for us is nonsense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mfc said:

I totally agree with the other points you make but i actually think letting hartley and tait go was the right decision,we probably had as good as we were going to get out them,it's been our recruitment over the summer that's been the problem,not one signing looks like they have anything to offer an added to some of the dross that's already here then we really are in trouble.

I could understand Tait as he wasn't starting and was likely on a decent wage but Hartley would have given us one more season and his leadership would have been invaluable. Totally agree re. recruitment, it's been nowhere near good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something has got to change. I don’t expect us to pump rangers but I expect it to be a competition. We are devoid of ideas, a plan, energy and quality. From management to playing staff, this is the worst in many, many years. Simply unacceptable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Someone said it elsewhere but if this is the case. I would instruct players to fire the ball at opposition players hands every time we are in the box.

100% - thats being streetwise.

Very predictable hangover after Thursday and nothing to get steamed up about, just pleased we're playing Sevco today and not a beatable team. Midfield has gone missing again and perhaps we could have done with a bit more freshening up? Main thing is to avoid red cards and injuries, although that won't be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second half is just a stroll unfortunately, they  are miles ahead of us quality wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

100% - thats being streetwise.

Very predictable hangover after Thursday and nothing to get steamed up about, just pleased we're playing Sevco today and not a beatable team. Midfield has gone missing again and perhaps we could have done with a bit more freshening up? Main thing is to avoid red cards and injuries, although that won't be easy.

Hope Lamie gets sent off for violent conduct and misses the next 3 games and we get him to fuck

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sick to the back teeth of gutless performances against this mob, sick of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Lamie defensive disasterclass. One of the worst players Ive ever seen in C&A :doh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×