Season 2020’21: Game 27:Kilmarnock (A)

Andy_P

Massive game. You gotta think we are the team going into this with increased confidence. That doesnt automatically transform into points, especially on the plastic. But we need to he targetting 3 points here.

34 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

It looks like Tommy Wright will be in charge of Killie for our game, not sure if that will help them or not, I would think he would need a couple of weeks to sort them out, but there again GA sorted us out first game in charge!!

If he's appointed, he won't be making many changes before Wednesday. Right now though I'll settle for a point although 3 would be nice. GA is making small changes and improvements but our midfield and defence still give me the fear.  The strikers are gradually hitting form although better service would take them to the next level.

34 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

It looks like Tommy Wright will be in charge of Killie for our game, not sure if that will help them or not, I would think he would need a couple of weeks to sort them out, but there again GA sorted us out first game in charge!!

It certainly makes the game that little more difficult. Alexander has done a decent job so far and was the best appointment for us. That said I doubt many would have been unhappy if Tommy Wright got the job. 

Killie will not want to lose their 1st game under TW. We seem to play quite a few games with new managers in charge first or second game. 

I would start OHara in front of Crawford. It would be great if Gallacher was back but probably not going to happen. Polworth for Maguire perhaps ? Not a popular one that perhaps but we need more creativity to our forwards. 

45 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cole is given a 2 match ban for his kick at that Celtic player whoever he was and to be fair it’s warranted, silly stupid thing to do.

So we get a players face kicked in one game with no retrospective action taken and then get a player suspended for two games for a silly kick? 
Sounds about right for the SPFL’s inconsistencies 

34 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

So we get a players face kicked in one game with no retrospective action taken and then get a player suspended for two games for a silly kick? 
Sounds about right for the SPFL’s inconsistencies 

There's a huge difference, the Dundee Utd guy was clearly trying to play the ball, Cole was raging with himself for giving the ball away and studded the Celtic player in the stomach. I don't think they'll look at it but if they do Cole can have no complaints.

Hamilton nicking a point today, not ideal.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

There's a huge difference, the Dundee Utd guy was clearly trying to play the ball, Cole was raging with himself for giving the ball away and studded the Celtic player in the stomach. I don't think they'll look at it but if they do Cole can have no complaints.

Hamilton nicking a point today, not ideal.

Rangers were absolute pish all game, Accies had the better chances,  deserved at least a point maybe even all 3

27 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

He's going to get them fired up to get revenge for us choosing Alexander over him by getting some St.  Johnstone fans to talk about how great he is over zoom. 

Just when Killie fans thought it couldn't get worse than having to watch home games on that plastic atrocity.

7 hours ago, GazzyB said:

There's a huge difference, the Dundee Utd guy was clearly trying to play the ball, Cole was raging with himself for giving the ball away and studded the Celtic player in the stomach. 

In principle, I would agree with you but that's not how it should be viewed by the SFA, based on precedents. You may recall a few years ago just after Louis Laing signed for us he was red carded. He was running back neck to neck with an opponent and then either stumbled or slipped. When he hit the deck his opponent fell over him. Totally accidental. However he was red carded and the ref said that whether it was deliberate or accidental was of no relevance. He brought his opponent down end of. 

My comment was more about the 'retrospective action' thing, the Compliance Officer will look for malice/intent. The Dundee Utd guy was dangerous as fuck but he didn't intend to kick McGinley in the face. Cole knew what he was doing, that was all I was saying.

It's moot though coz Cole won't get pulled up. It was bad but it's more stuff like Morelos' stamp vs the Hibs player a few weeks back.

• Like 1