Season 2020’21: Game 27:Kilmarnock (A)

Andy_P

20 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

So we get a players face kicked in one game with no retrospective action taken and then get a player suspended for two games for a silly kick? 
Sounds about right for the SPFL’s inconsistencies 

A silly kick? not to bring attention to the situation but I am going to assume you are kidding.

This is the first on a run of 4 games that could totally turn our season around. No reason why not.  Wee bit of luck, no injuries, high level of effort and cut out the stupid mistakes. Grab 12 points and suddenly things look a lot brighter. Hopefully we continue with the good attitude and higher level of confidence. Despite losing to Celtic,  the way the game ended, will not have some any harm to the players confidence.   COYW 

6 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Near perfect experiment here. If we stay up and Killie go down we made the right appointment,  if they stay up and we don't we made the wrong call.

Any word on injuries etc.?

Same as before I think by the looks of it. Declan hoping to be back in about a week according to the man himself. 

• Like 1

The new defenders havent been here long and it was always going to take a little while for the manager to assess their fitness and quality against what we already had. Add to that, as soon as they arrived we won 2 games on the bounce, so you can understand why GA wouldnt want to change a winning team. They have been here a couple of weeks now though and we have now lost a game albeit to Celtic, and have a busy couple of weeks coming up. You might expect injuries and squad rotation to provide him with an excuse to freshen things up without damaging squad morale.

4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The new defenders havent been here long and it was always going to take a little while for the manager to assess their fitness and quality against what we already had. Add to that, as soon as they arrived we won 2 games on the bounce, so you can understand why GA wouldnt want to change a winning team. They have been here a couple of weeks now though and we have now lost a game albeit to Celtic, and have a busy couple of weeks coming up. You might expect injuries and squad rotation to provide him with an excuse to freshen things up without damaging squad morale.

I'd love to be able to agree with all of this, but I was told yesterday that sticking with a team that is winning is dinosaur stuff so god knows where that leaves us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

I'd love to be able to agree with all of this, but I was told yesterday that sticking with a team that is winning is dinosaur stuff so god knows where that leaves us.

If we had a team that kept winning  I wouldn't give a flying F who we picked :) .

Appreciate it's early days for the newer signings but if we only brought in players who were better than we have then they should be playing or at least subs. 

5 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

If we had a team that kept winning  I wouldn't give a flying F who we picked :) .

Appreciate it's early days for the newer signings but if we only brought in players who were better than we have then they should be playing or at least subs. 

Haha, that is very true. Can't really argue too much with that.

Same with the second point as well tbf, I suppose the two wins gave Alexander an excuse to stick with the same team whilst the new guys bed in, get used to the new surroundings and get up to speed.

Nolan and Foley haven't played in a while, same with Lawless who has a slight niggle at the moment. Roberts played some football at hearts but the front three are the hardest to drop at the moment, out with Kelly,  I think he will prove useful, looked very quick in his brief run out at celtic park. Magloire is much the same, played a few games in the first half of the season however for all of Lamie's doubters, he actually played pretty well against Utd so dropping him would have been harsh. 

Quite a few games coming up,  a few Saturday, Wednesday slots so maybe see some slight rotation.

• Like 1

Hopefully this game comes too early for Tommy Wright to have had any impact on the proceedings. Its a massive chance to start heading up the table,  if we take three points here we still have a game in hand over Killie and County below us, they also have an additional game against one of the Old Firm to negotiate. Naturally I hope we pump them due to the issue with Covid (where they would have you believe they were the ones wronged) but I would be delighted to bring home the three points in any manner.  It will be interesting to see if any of the new guys will start to get integrated into the side,  defensively I fear we'll have a lapse as per at some point but confident  we will grind out a win. Similar to the Dundee Utd and County game I will go for a 2-1 win (Watt and Cole).

• Thanks 1