Betfred League Cup Campaign 2020'21

Andy_P

The comment's on the facebook are ridiculous, What has buying a season ticket got to do with cup games? Club guaranteed 19 games in fir park live, i'm sure they were hoping fans would be back in the ground sooner rather than later but they will stand by that, some fans will of course claim that, some won't which is perfectly fine. Why would anyone be entitled to this cup game for free? if you want to watch, pay £12, if you don't, stick to the twitter feed and watch the highlights later on. 

Season tickets were purchased knowing fine well that you might not be in fir park all season, now it's being used against the club for the sake of £12. 

• Like 1

Like others I'm a wee bit surpised at the venom of some comments on facebook. Yes, I do get that the quality of streaming hasn't been great. I suppose the club could have jacked up the PPV prices to say £18 per game and chucked in free cup games to season ticket holders but whatever the club does it will get brickbats.  Personally I'm happy with the arrangement in the circumstances. I doubt that we'll have to share the TV income. 

The total time spent staring at the Verizon logo is worth exactly what you paid for it.  Zero, for season ticket holders. About the price of a pint for overseas subscribers like myself.

And overseas subscribers have more to complain about, because it's the upsurge in the numbers of the freeloaders that are causing the stress on infrastructure that we pay for. So, if anything, the season ticket holders owe each of us that pint.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

The total time spent staring at the Verizon logo is worth exactly what you paid for it.  Zero, for season ticket holders. About the price of a pint for overseas subscribers like myself.

And overseas subscribers have more to complain about, because it's the upsurge in the numbers of the freeloaders that are causing the stress on infrastructure that we pay for. So, if anything, the season ticket holders owe each of us that pint.

Your best post ever. 

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

On the subject of the League Cup, it was 3 years ago today we played Celtic in the final. Still not over this...

https://fb.watch/1-8NB1Sc11/

Brendan Rodgers has to be one of the most unlikeable cunts in football for his "there was contact" pish after the game.

Sinclair was a diving cheating prick, Thompson was another incompetent arsehole with an agenda against us, a more blatant dive you will never see, and he could not wait to give it, and as for a Red card for Kipre as well a feckin joke.

But as usual nothing was said, nothing done to criticise the ugly sisters.where was VAR when it was needed.

5 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Sinclair was a diving cheating prick, Thompson was another incompetent arsehole with an agenda against us, a more blatant dive you will never see, and he could not wait to give it, and as for a Red card for Kipre as well a feckin joke.

But as usual nothing was said, nothing done to criticise the ugly sisters.where was VAR when it was needed.

Thomson was also a cheat which was demonstrated again when Cedric was sent off at fir park when plastic hard man brown cheated.

Note the common denominator. 

9 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Brendan Rodgers has to be one of the most unlikeable cunts in football for his "there was contact" pish after the game.

Don't forget his "players lives are at risk" comments following the semi final, in which his team didn't even feature. Unsurprisingly, nobody in the media called him out on it.

Edit - here's a link

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/15614309.brendan-rodgers-scottish-refs-are-threatening-lives-and-careers-of-players/

The Society has emailed members about the cost of tomorrow's game stream.  Basically, for all domestic cup competitions both clubs must agree the prices. We had proposed a slightly lower price, but St Johnstone wanted it higher.  £12 was the compromise. The SPFL stipulates that monies from this streaming has to be split between the clubs. There are also additional costs for this match. For tomorrow's fixture our club, not the SPFL as normal,  has had to pay a company to film the game and transmit the signal to its streaming providers. The streaming provider also takes a small cut as does the SPFL. In short, the club says it has done everything possible to minimse the price whilst an attempt is made to at least cover the costs.

I'm sure season ticket holders of both clubs are very grateful to St Johnstone for protecting our rights and not setting the price too low.