Betfred League Cup Campaign 2020'21

Andy_P

1 minute ago, milo said:

Big questions for Robinson on why Lamie starts today. Absolute bombscare of a player and cost us the game.

Lamie has cost us umpteen times already this season,he should be nowhere the team,mcginley seems to divide opinion but atleast he doesn't make a cunt of it everytime he's on the park.

Robbo talks a lot about having to win the right to play football. Well, from what I see, I don't see a team that is willing to put up the fight needed to win that right. This team is has no fight in them. Strength and desire are sorely missing. Deservedly out of the cup with barely a whimper. 

When you are playing the same team twice in a  week I think the manager should have been a bit more sharp in his tactics. Today we were very poor. The decision making from several players and a lack of enthusiasm stuck out for me. I thought Lammie was a total wasted jersey. All round I'm quite pissed off. That was a very beatable St Johnstone side. 

Also Watt should have slammed that chance home in the first half. I couldve burst the net there.

Robinson been doing all the talking this week about looking for a cup run and then we get that display of total s***e. Can somebody tell me what Lamie and Seedorf bring to the team. Better playing a couple of the young guys for some experience at least rather than those two imposters.

2 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Diabolical result and performance...we have some amount of dug meat in our team...

...Mugabi, Lamie, Seedorf, Cole, Lang, that fucking keeper, White, Grimshaw...just pure junk

Totally agree,the fact that we're still giving seedorf a chance and bringing on white is nothing more than desperation,hastie nowhere to be seen,our piss poor recruitment of late is really coming back to bite us.

1 minute ago, underboyleheating said:

Cups are the only realistic chance of glory for provincial clubs as they will never be able to win the league. So in that respect I do care.

I think the point being made is we don't really have much more chance of winning a cup than a league.

Our deplorable record against the Old Firm doesn't even come into it when we can't beat teams like Ross County or St Johnstone at home.

The standard outside the OF is atrocious.  Terrible standard of football, terrible standard of professionalism, most games are won and lost on who can be least bothered from kick off.

There are McDonalds kitchen staff with a hundred times the enthusiasm and will to succeed than our group of players and our group of players are pretty much representative of a bigger picture.

Our whole game is just some dreary rota of win some, lose some mediocrity.  

• Like 1

I don't normally single out players for criticism but it is well nigh impossible not to mention Lamie.

We got a warning in first half when on 2 occasions he gave the ball away when under no pressure.

Why did he play ahead of Mc Ginley who is clearly a better player than him? As Mc Ginley was on bench he must be fit.

While I'm having my rant how many times did we give away a foul when a Saints player was in their own penalty box.

Fitba players and nae brains comes to mind!!!

As soon as I saw the subs at half time I knew the management team had thrown the towel in. As soon as I saw Seedorf on I switched off the stream. It was inevitable. As for someone mentioning Hastie I would never play him even if the squad only had 10 players.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The standard outside the OF is atrocious.  Terrible standard of football, terrible standard of professionalism, most games are won and lost on who can be least bothered from kick off

I have to agree with this, but I do think that Motherwell seem to be technically poorer than most of the other teams in the league. Just watching that game today it was clear that St Johnstone can pass and move better and do so with more pace than Mothewell. Our game is typified by slow movement of the ball, a lack of movement off the ball and multi-touch/mis-control. All of this gives the opposition more time to react and organise making it very difficult for us to create meaningful chances for our front players, and when those slow passes are made in a backwards direction, it places pressure on our back line ultimately resulting to the loss of goals. Basically, we need to be technically better.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

a 1-2 Defeat , hardly crashing out the cup , when we concede with barely a whimper in response

a lot of talk this week , when some basic  football skills practice might have helped

EDIT - change the thread title :rolleyes:

Why change the title it entirely defines this game.