Andy_P

Betfred League Cup Campaign 2020'21

Without doubt, some shite decisions in the summer have come home to roost today. Absolute abject journeyman performance devoid of passion or quality 

To be fair, White will get his head to the ball if we can deliver into the box.

• Like 1

Just now, MFCL84 said:

To be fair, White will get his head to the ball if we can deliver into the box.

And the ref will blow for a blatant foul.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Lamie hooked. Could be the last time we see him in a 'Well shirt after today.

I really hope so,the guy is embarrassingly bad.

Should never have started. Unless McGinley is injured. What has he done not to start the game today ? I am genuinely perplexed. 

We have been awful but we’re 1-0 up and comfortable until the inevitable happened. 

Robinson out getting done for pace all day down our left waits for them to score then takes Lamie off .GTF Robinson you've had yer time ya wage thieve 

Liam Grimshaw the central midfielder converted to a right back subbed on after not playing for weeks at left back has done more in 2 minutes going forward than Lamie did all game.

Also this keeper is a decent shot stopper but is murder with the ball at his feet.

• Like 1

Just now, underboyleheating said:

Currently looking like yet another League Cup exit and to be fair Saints have looked the most likely. Will we ever lift that trophy again?

Havent lifted it since 1951

Worryingly we look back to where we were earlier in the season,looking unfit and clueless.

Getting put out the cup at home will never not annoy me. Happens pretty much every season as well.

1 minute ago, underboyleheating said:

Currently looking like yet another League Cup exit and to be fair Saints have looked the most likely. Will we ever lift that trophy again?

I don’t really care tbh. 
Sadly a Q of who loses to one of the Old firm in the semis or final. 
I would rather we finish 5th in the league. But after today there is a growing realisation that may not happen. I was confident but not now.

I am a fan of Robinson but Christ knows what his game plan was today. 

Surely if the plan was to bring white on then why not bring mcginley on,who can actually put a decent ball in the box,strange substitution bringing grimshaw on and playing him there.

Just now, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I don’t really care tbh.

Cups are the only realistic chance of glory for provincial clubs as they will never be able to win the league. So in that respect I do care.

Robbo to blame fir this imo keeps playing Lammie when he’s  fit no idea why he’s a donkey,  but not just him been poor most have but bad pass back for 1st and posted missing from left back position for 2nd 

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

Worryingly we look back to where we were earlier in the season,looking unfit and clueless.

We have barely scored any goals in the second half of matches. Three in the game against Ross County, a couple of set piece consolations against the Old Firm and the goals when part time Glentoran went down to ten men. 

We haven't scored a single equaliser all season and with Lamie and Mugabi gifting goals on a weekly basis we are going to struggle big time. They both need released asap. 

8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Liam Grimshaw the central midfielder converted to a right back subbed on after not playing for weeks at left back has done more in 2 minutes going forward than Lamie did all game.

Also this keeper is a decent shot stopper but is murder with the ball at his feet.

This 100%

Too many not giving a fuck

11 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Without doubt, some shite decisions in the summer have come home to roost today. Absolute abject journeyman performance devoid of passion or quality 

Said it on countless occasions,  our scouting network needs seriously looked at

a 1-2 Defeat , hardly crashing out the cup , when we concede with barely a whimper in response

a lot of talk this week , when some basic  football skills practice might have helped

EDIT - change the thread title :rolleyes: