Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

Winning 2 games in a single day, scoring 6 and keeping 2 clean sheets! When did we last play 2 games on one day - late 19th century? Seriously, a just outcome.  Neither club can complain as the failures were systemic not down to individuals acting irresponsibly alone. This is a serious disease and the clubs should have known better. Pleased though that the fines have been suspended - club finances just now don't need further losses.

Appeal(s) forthcoming though? Hopefully not; lets hope thats an end to this saga.  Ironic isn't it that Killie forfeited the game 3-0 after what happened in the ladies game about 2 0r 3 years ago.

Didn't see this result coming!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Appeal(s) forthcoming though? Hopefully not; lets hope thats an end to this saga.  Ironic isn't it that Killie forfeited the game 3-0 after what happened in the ladies game about 2 0r 3 years ago.

I'd imagine one of the reasons this took so long is that the review panel wanted to make sure their decision was legally water tight. I believe they typically have a judge involved. Much like the Hearts relegation, I can't imagine Killie have much grounds for appeal given they are a member who agrees to abide by whatever rules the SPFL/SFA enforce.

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

This was the only credible outcome...both clubs were either at it and/or negligent 

At it. 

There's no chance they would have admitted to so many failings if they thought they would actually be punished for it. 

They probably thought after Celtic and Aberdeen had matches cancelled by the government they would get some leeway. 

The full findings from the hearing decisions are on the spfl site.

Pretty scathing - Killie claiming the rules are complicated - quite liked this response "There is no ambiguity about two metre distancing. Every school child in Scotland should be aware of it. This is not a complex matter despite the large welter of NHS, SPFL and Government regulations and documentation available on the subject."

It also addresses whether or not we receive an advantage over others in the league by awarding a 3-0 win. It starts with the fact that Killie and St Mirren only needed 13 players to fulfil the fixture. If they had that amount they would have been playing with a severely weakened squad - through their own incompetence- against our full strength squad. Instead, they've gained a massive advantage by having covid procedure so poor that the fixture couldn't be fulfilled which means they could then play with a full squad in the replay.

It makes any gains we've made seem a wee bit more logical. 

The full findings are an

16 minutes ago, CoF said:

The full findings from the hearing decisions are on the spfl site.

Definitely worth a read.  The detailed reasoning of what happened, why it was more serious than the Aberdeen & Celtic incidents and exactly why this particular sanction was imposed , makes it hard to argue against.

Just now, weeyin said:

The full findings are an

Definitely worth a read.  The detailed reasoning of what happened, why it was more serious than the Aberdeen & Celtic incidents and exactly why this particular sanction was imposed , makes it hard to argue against.

Yep. It seems pretty negligent, but I can imagine there's probably a few clubs in Scotland frantically trying to order bigger tables and booking second coaches tonight. 

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I automatically assumed we would have two buses already. 

Aye, you'd have thought that was one of the easier things to implement at the outset. Either that or make sure players drive on their own to games. No shares.

42 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I automatically assumed we would have two buses already. 

I was just typing a few sentences about why we'd be fine as we seem fairly competent these days, then I remembered that picture from the Coleraine fixture....

It is not outwith the bounds of probability that we would have won both games (possibly not 3-0) these games were in the middle of our hot streak.  We have not been given extra points, we have been given points that we may have won although it wasn’t guaranteed.

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)