Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If he gets the Killie job, fingers crossed he doesn't raid us for players in the summer.

I thought it had been decided his signings were rank or they didn't want to be here. Surely we should be actively encouraging him to raid us for players in the summer! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)

For the first time all season I'm concerned we might actually go down. There's next to no chance we will finish 12th but 11th is possible (albeit in my opinion unlikely).

We need to scrape as many points as possible from games like this. A draw would be a great result.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

For the first time all season I'm concerned we might actually go down. There's next to no chance we will finish 12th but 11th is possible (albeit in my opinion unlikely).

We need to scrape as many points as possible from games like this. A draw would be a great result.

This team just has that look of a defeated mob about them.. Our only hope is the other three round about us match us defeat for defeat. We look utterly clueless all across the park.

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Next to no chance we will be 12Th?? id like to know how you are so assured. We will lose on Wednesday and get pumped at Easter Road. if any of the other 3 pick up points on Saturday  it will come down to the head to heads and this team give me no confidence they have got what it takes. The 3 games we won under GA we were hanging on for dear life none of them were comfortable or assured wins. Indeed the Kilmarnock victory was more good fortune than ability. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Next to no chance we will be 12Th?? id like to know how you are so assured. We will lose on Wednesday and get pumped at Easter Road. if any of the other 3 pick up points on Saturday  it will come down to the head to heads and this team give me no confidence they have got what it takes. The 3 games we won under GA we were hanging on for dear life none of them were comfortable or assured wins. Indeed the Kilmarnock victory was more good fortune than ability. 

'Next to no chance' a bit too strong in my choice of words but it's still fairly unlikely. We are 4 points ahead of Killie with a game in hand, and their form guide is LLLLL. Essentially as shite as we've been it's just not that likely that all 3 teams below us make up a 4 or 5 point gap between now and the end of the season. One or two maybe but not all three.

Factor in Accies & County have pretty tough run-ins and we will have O'Donnell, Campbell, O'Hara & Gallagher back before the split, I think we'll have enough about us to avoid 12th.

We're absolutely minging, but we'll stay up imo.

Bringing youngsters into this team at present s probably not a good idea. The experienced professionals around them aren't doing their jobs so how can we expect novices to maketheequired difference? Not only will it be both unrealistic and possibly stall their development, but it could be classified as wantonly cruel.

We haven’t finished below St Mirren since the ‘80s, this is our last chance to draw them anywhere towards us, history dictates that we win this.  Looks like it will be the same squad so it will be the chosen formation that will have to be the determining factor.

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

'Next to no chance' a bit too strong in my choice of words but it's still fairly unlikely. We are 4 points ahead of Killie with a game in hand, and their form guide is LLLLL. Essentially as shite as we've been it's just not that likely that all 3 teams below us make up a 4 or 5 point gap between now and the end of the season. One or two maybe but not all three.

Factor in Accies & County have pretty tough run-ins and we will have O'Donnell, Campbell, O'Hara & Gallagher back before the split, I think we'll have enough about us to avoid 12th.

We're absolutely minging, but we'll stay up imo.

After the split the three teams below us can each win one game against each other then beat us and we are bottom.

Accies beat County, County beat Killie, Killie beat Accies.