Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

Where is that from? Do you have a link to that? If he's actually said that then that's astounding.

Imagine being a Scotland international and thinking it's no dramas to lose to St fucking Mirren. I've never been so scunnered with the individuals in a Motherwell squad in my life.

17 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Where is that from? Do you have a link to that? If he's actually said that then that's astounding.

Imagine being a Scotland international and thinking it's no dramas to lose to St fucking Mirren. I've never been so scunnered with the individuals in a Motherwell squad in my life.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwells-stephen-odonnell-insists-theres-23549791.amp?__twitter_impression=true

"It's not good but we've got the opportunity to make amends tomorrow night and get three points. 

"If we don't win it then it's no dramas and we are in a position, which isn't where we'd like to be , but it isn't bad and better than where other boys are

"We just need to stay relaxed and together. The full squad can't go and point fingers which hasn't happened. We are disappointed because it isn't good enough."

"If you're saying that because we had two defeats, we are going to get relegated then you need to broaden your horizons because we are in better form out of the bottom four or six."

Injury situation hasn't improved ahead of tomorrow's game by the sounds of things, Campbell and o'hara doubts. would like to see us line more conservatively;

kelly

O'Donnell Magloire Mcginley

Johnstone                                     Carroll

maguire Crawford polworth

Watt cole/long

5 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Injury situation hasn't improved ahead of tomorrow's game by the sounds of things, Campbell and o'hara doubts. would like to see us line more conservatively;

kelly

Watt cole/long

Not seen anything official yet. Not that we normally do these days about who is fit and who is not. We tend to find out when the line up is released on twitter. 

But if the team is the same as Saturday + SOD then we will be marginally less crap. And I mean marginally especially since it will not “b a drama if we lose”. 

If we also line up 4-3-3 I genuinely think this season will be up there with Malpish if not worse. I hope we put up a better performance than Saturday but expect we will be getting nil points from tomorrow evening. 

3 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Here we go, another deflection back to Robinson. 

It was all Robinson's players this, Robinson's players that right up until about half-time in Dingwall.  Not a peep thereafter about them being Robinson's players when they won three in fairly quick succession. We lose to Hamilton and lo and behold suddenly we're back to it's all Robinson's players again.

We are to believe that Alexander is going to relocate his family lock, stock and barrel a couple of hundred miles up the road having knocked back several jobs beforehand because they weren't suitable but is happy to accept a position at a team struggling near the bottom of the table where he he has little or no say in half a dozen players being foisted on him.   Really? We really think he's going to take on the job in those circumstances?

He took over on something like 7th January.  Smith, Nolan, Magloire, Roberts and Foley were all signed at least a fortnight, some of them three weeks later. And they are supposed to be too far down the line to stop?

Laughable.

The rot had infested the club long before Alexander arrived. 

55 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

kelly

Watt cole/long

Is there a case for replacing Magloire with Lamie and Polworth with Watt?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes. I know GA said Magloire had a good game. Admittedly I only watched the 1st half before chucking in the towel. But I thought he looked out of his depth. 

If GA persists with playing all 3 forward players then Watt could drop deeper. My preference would be to go 

Kelly

SOD Lamie McGinley Carroll

Maguire, Polworth, Crawford Watt

Long Cole 

4-4-2. Probably don’t have the midfield in correct order but 3 in midfield again with what looks like a still poor ish defence and we are doomed. 

23 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes.

Whilst we all know Lamie is limited and a squad player at best, he does a job for the most part. Ive seen nothing from Magliore to suggest that he is fast, can jump and head the ball or defend. He is young inexperienced and looks well short of fitness.

For all Polworth is our best passer of the ball (in forward areas) his head appears to be all over the place right now and he is not making good decisions. Id go as far as to say he is a liability.

That would leave us

Kelly

SOD Lamie McGinley Carroll

Johnstone Maguire Crawford  Watt

Long Cole

Or some variant of that.

What illness do O’Hara and Campbell have exactly? Can’t be covid? Nobody’s caught the flu this year? Food poisoning? They’ve been ill for nearly 10 days by tomorrow. 

Same with Grimshaw.

I dunno, seems a bit odd. Same with Smith, Foley and Nolan. What exactly is going on?

12 minutes ago, milo said:

What illness do O’Hara and Campbell have exactly? Can’t be covid? Nobody’s caught the flu this year? Food poisoning? They’ve been ill for nearly 10 days by tomorrow. 

Same with Grimshaw.

I dunno, seems a bit odd. Same with Smith, Foley and Nolan. What exactly is going on?

I heard O'Hara is concussion related and shouldn't have been rushed back the other week. No idea on the rest.

• Like 1

Have the club said anything about Smith and Foley being injured, or did I just read it on here?

And has anyone anywhere heard a single peep about the fabled Eddie Nolan since he lifted his head? I know it's not necessarily the most pressing issue, but seeing as we're in the midst of an injury/illness crisis, you'd think...

Our best chance of picking up points here is that there is enough rain in Paisley to waterlog the pitch and get it postponed for a few weeks until we have players back. 

Irony is that we're having to play this game with so many players out because St Mirren were allowed to postpone it first time round as they had a few of their first team squad out.

8 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Our best chance of picking up points here is that there is enough rain in Paisley to waterlog the pitch and get it postponed for a few weeks until we have players back. 

Irony is that we're having to play this game with so many players out because St Mirren were allowed to postpone it first time round as they had a few of their first team squad out.

That’s a good point  actually. Absolutely typical!

Kelly

SOD.            Lamie             Carroll

Johnstone    McGinley

Maguire,     Polworth,      Crawford

Watt    Cole/Long

Johnstone and McGinley sitting in front of the back 3 And moving back to either RB or LB when SOD/Carroll go up the wings. 

I know things aren't going great, but I wouldn't be playing 3 defenders out of position as a way to solve it. 

For me, a back 3 of McGinley, Lamie and Magloire, with Watt and Cole in a front 2 is as drastic as I can see the changes getting. It's entirely possible we could start tomorrow with SOD for Johnstone the only change, which is scary.

1 hour ago, milo said:

Same with Grimshaw.

As mentioned, with O’Hara it’s concussion related. Grimshaw has had glandular fever.

Smith - knee, Foley - back & Nolan - calf.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yodo said:

Don't believe any of the recents were signed by Alexander more likely to have been recommended by our scout (Tonto) and probably the deals were to far down the road to stop them . I do agree however that his persistence with a 3 in midfield has been nonsense a midfield 5 makes better sense in our position will settle for a point . Have said it before will take a while to get rid of the pish Robinson signed so will gladly accept tenth 

Think that’s probably way out, simply can’t believe that Alexander had no say in any of the recent signings.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Smith - knee, Foley - back & Nolan - calf.

Any idea why they haven't been listed as injured on the official site? 

Not really helping matters when fans are left wondering for weeks why three new signings are nowhere near the squad. 

• Like 1