Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

56 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

We could have Lennon as our gaffer, choice quotes in bold, he's gone full tinfoil helmet/bottles of piss ......

The class thing about this is that they haven't been punished at all and he is still acting the victim. 

As for being held to a different standard they are the only club in the full of the UK who have went abroad this winter. That's the standard!

• Haha 1

Of my green-minded friends, I don't know anyone that supports Celtic's position on this. I'm quite surprised more hasn't been made by them over St Mirren/Killie getting to rearrange games, possibly would've had the league been closer.

He actually looked like he was mid-meltdown in that press conference today.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

Unfortunately our fans, as well as most others, tend to be partisan towards their own clubs interests and see things through a rather warped prism.

If the roles were reversed most of the folk in here would be doing full 180s.

Ultimately the correct decision has been made and the SFA has proven it's self far more competent than the catastrophically inept ghouls running the SPFL.

Is it a warped prism in this case?

Remember ultimately what is at stake is peoples lives. I think the problem generally is that football often sees itself as operating out-with the norm. The SFA is a great example of an organisation that believes that it is above the laws and regulations of the common man.

Professional football as with many other professional sports throughout the world, is very fortunate to be operating at all at this time. I see the tennis players are having a hissy fit because they authorities dare to quarantine them because they were sitting on a plane beside positive testing passengers. My opinion is that these sports, football included should not be operating at all. 

The hardmen of football are very good at playing the victim. Neil Lennon's outburst yesterday is a total embarrassment. People are losing their lives. People are losing their jobs, businesses going bankrupt. Vulnerable people have been imprisoned in their own homes for a year. Young people are being robbed of the joys of leaving school, starting university , starting a new job and somehow it becomes a travesty that Kilmarnock are deducted 3 points for not being able to behave like responsible people?

The professional sporting world should think itself very privileged indeed. I am not a fan of the SPFL but for once does the (relatively small) punishment fit the crime. Absolutely.

After Neil Lennon's antics, how about professional football in Scotland is held to the same standards as everyone else and told they cannot operate. At the end of the day, football as with all professional sport is non-essential. The hardmen of Scottish football maybe need to swallow their pill like everyone else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, star sail said:

Is it a warped prism in this case?

Remember ultimately what is at stake is peoples lives. I think the problem generally is that football often sees itself as operating out-with the norm. The SFA is a great example of an organisation that believes that it is above the laws and regulations of the common man.

Professional football as with many other professional sports throughout the world, is very fortunate to be operating at all at this time. I see the tennis players are having a hissy fit because they authorities dare to quarantine them because they were sitting on a plane beside positive testing passengers. My opinion is that these sports, football included should not be operating at all. 

The hardmen of football are very good at playing the victim. Neil Lennon's outburst yesterday is a total embarrassment. People are losing their lives. People are losing their jobs, businesses going bankrupt. Vulnerable people have been imprisoned in their own homes for a year. Young people are being robbed of the joys of leaving school, starting university , starting a new job and somehow it becomes a travesty that Kilmarnock are deducted 3 points for not being able to behave like responsible people?

The professional sporting world should think itself very privileged indeed. I am not a fan of the SPFL but for once does the (relatively small) punishment fit the crime. Absolutely.

After Neil Lennon's antics, how about professional football in Scotland is held to the same standards as everyone else and told they cannot operate. At the end of the day, football as with all professional sport is non-essential. The hardmen of Scottish football maybe need to swallow their pill like everyone else.

Excellent post...on the money

Probably employing some Bigot Brothers style paranoia here but I see that, on the back of Lennon's rant, the BBC are reporting that Derek McInnes has also raised concerns that some Clubs are failing to provide suitable changing areas that comply with Covid protocols.

No names mentioned but an accompanying picture of St Johnstone players coming out of the South Stand at Fir Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55753738

As I said, probably just being paranoid!

1 hour ago, Ped_MFC said:

Probably employing some Bigot Brothers style paranoia here but I see that, on the back of Lennon's rant, the BBC are reporting that Derek McInnes has also raised concerns that some Clubs are failing to provide suitable changing areas that comply with Covid protocols.

No names mentioned but an accompanying picture of St Johnstone players coming out of the South Stand at Fir Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55753738

As I said, probably just being paranoid!

As I predicted in the match thread,  the number of injuries they have means he is just laying the ground work for a sudden Covid outbreak 2 hrs before they face us.

• 2 weeks later...

Always dangerous to be relying on other teams. We have plenty of points available to push us up the the table.

St Mirren and Livi are playing well right now (and even then we really should have won in Paisley). Dundee Utd are suffering the typical "newly promoted dip" and Killie, Accies and Ross County are all mediocre.

So no excuses if we can't keep improving results.

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)