Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)

Andy_P

23 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Oh aye, cheers. So with Killie unlikely to progress, there’s an opportunity to schedule that one without any other impact on the calendar. Assuming we’re not going to get the three points, surely that’s the sensible option.

We are in the League Cup

In theory, they could deduct points from St Mirren without awarding the game to us. That would punish them without giving us an unearned advantage.

However, as I said earlier, I can't see more than a small fine, suspended until the end of the season.

48 minutes ago, wellowell said:

St Mirren made statement saying they have pleaded their case and will receive outcome by end of Month surely it will not take another 2 to 3 weeks to decide on this the League have had enough time;  play the games or award the points ,this delay, delay , delay helping no one 

The SPFL need to run their decision past their legal team at Kerrydale St before confirming,  so this takes time.

But has already been  stated it will  be a slap on the wrist and a fine, nothing controversial 

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

In theory, they could deduct points from St Mirren without awarding the game to us. That would punish them without giving us an unearned advantage.

However, as I said earlier, I can't see more than a small fine, suspended until the end of the season.

Then why wait 2 / 3 weeks before a decision??? 

So between December 5th and January 2nd we currently have 7 league games. Luckily we do have 2 spare midweeks in there to schedule these 2 games, if the SPFL finally come to a decision at the end of November and feel that impacted clubs shouldn't be punished for Covid outbreaks and players self-isolating.

Of course if that is the case it means we could have 9 games in those 4 weeks.  I'd imagine that will be difficult for us to manage with a fairly small squad and could increase our injury problems.

As people are saying though, its not fair to punish the impacted clubs.

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Will they need to consult the SFA? That could take several weeks until the relevant committee/sub committee meets and deliberates.

I believe that's only required if they want to award a 3 - 0 forfeit to us. All other sanctions, including deduction of points from St Mirren can be imposed without SFA referral. (At least that is what the experts on Sportsound were saying).

Am I right in saying it's not the disciplinary hearings role to decide if the rule breach did or didn't occur? That's already been established as fact by the investigation? 

Or is the disciplinary hearing an independent process which hears evidence from the SPFL (i.e. their investigation) and evidence from the club and then decides if a rule breach has occurred? 

48 minutes ago, CoF said:

Am I right in saying it's not the disciplinary hearings role to decide if the rule breach did or didn't occur? That's already been established as fact by the investigation? 

Or is the disciplinary hearing an independent process which hears evidence from the SPFL (i.e. their investigation) and evidence from the club and then decides if a rule breach has occurred? 

I think that is spot on. The delay in the hearing taking place was to allow the SPFL to complete their enquiries into whether a breach took place. Having established that in their opinion there was a breach it is then passed to the panel to pass sentence and hear any mitigating circumstances put forward by the Clubs.

At least that is my take on it.

39 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The punishment should be to have St Mirren make a public statement that we were by far the better team in the '77 Cup game and never being allowed to complain about it again.

With the Statement being read out by Alex Ferguson with Tony Fitzpatrick and Frank McGarvey standing by his side. Might almost be as funny as their comments when we won that game. 

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

I think that is spot on. The delay in the hearing taking place was to allow the SPFL to complete their enquiries into whether a breach took place. Having established that in their opinion there was a breach it is then passed to the panel to pass sentence and hear any mitigating circumstances put forward by the Clubs.

At least that is my take on it.

Yeah, makes sense however if so it's odd that both clubs are still disputing it and 'defending' their positions at the disciplinary hearing. Killie's assistant manager quoted as saying "I have no doubt the club will be fine. In fact I know that for a fact." Makes me wonder if the hard facts established by the SPFL are still up for challenge - even at this stage, so there's a chance no disciplinary action will be taken. 

If the SPFL had any sense, they would release full and transparent information on how the decision was made. Instead, they'll release a vague statement leaving a massive void to be filled with all sorts of shite. If they haven't learned from the summer then hell mend them. 

Just now, well_said said:

They were kicked off the park fairly and squarely.

No, they dived off the park. Funniest thing in that game was Willie Watson about to tackle Bobby Torrance. The wily Willie stopped dead to fox Torrance. Torrance hoping to con the ref jumped 6ft in the air, landed and rolled about on the turf. He looked ridiculous as no tackle was even attempted. 

• Like 1

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020’21: Game 30: St Mirren (A)