Season 2020’21: Game 10: Ross County (H)

Andy_P

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

Great win, 4 goals and a clean sheet.  Defensively suspect but clinical finishing won the day! Watt my MOTM.

Definitely a nice change after our strikers' struggles earlier in the season. 3 goals for them from open play and Watt winning the pen.

Watching the match recap at the end, Vigurs a tad lucky with just a yellow with his reaction to the pen. Don't think I've seen him run so fast, quite similar to the one we gave away up in Dingwall. Thought Watt put in a tremendous shift, great win.

That'll do nicely,a good solid performance all round.that was mcginleys best game for us by a mile,hopefully there's more to come,fair dos to o'hara he looked really composed at the back and as for watt,he was outstanding,he's fast becoming one of our most important players.

5 minutes ago, mfc said:

That'll do nicely,a good solid performance all round.that was mcginleys best game for us by a mile,hopefully there's more to come,fair dos to o'hara he looked really composed at the back and as for watt,he was outstanding,he's fast becoming one of our most important players.

I think McGinley just needs time, he’s spent more time injured than playing but there are certainly signs he’s not a dud signing.

1 minute ago, mfc said:

Early days but we might again be in the position of having 2 good goalkeepers fighting it out,chapman looks like he will be a solid signing,hopefully trevors injury isn't to serious.

You hope you never have to use your backup keeper, but I'm glad we went out and signed one with some decent first team experience.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I think McGinley just needs time, he’s spent more time injured than playing but there are certainly signs he’s not a dud signing.

I said the same after the st johnstone game i think it was,that mcginley was just needing some time to show what he could offer,he played really well today and if we can have a full back that puts crosses in like that one today,then that's always a big plus.

• Like 1

You have to hope that Tony Watt will make that his regular level of performance now. There's no reason why he can't be a top player in this league.

Cole added a lot. We didn't realise how much he added until he left in December with his link up and physical presence up front. He looked hungry as well.

Lang scoring is a bonus as well and we are probably only a centre back away from having a decent team again. 

I have to say that I'm not convinced by McGinley. He is frequently caught on the ball and played a fair few poor passes today. Early days yet, and it has been a very start/ stop season so nobody in the team has had a chance to get any kind of momentum. Jury is out yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

I have to say that I'm not convinced by McGinley. He is frequently caught on the ball and played a fair few poor passes today. Early days yet, and it has been a very start/ stop season so nobody in the team has had a chance to get any kind of momentum. Jury is out yet.

Not for me...I think he is going to be an excellent addition.

16 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

Yep I agree.  Was good today but need to see more of that before I am convinced.   Keep up that level Nathan and I will stand corrected 

52 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

Don't forget he's a central defender.

I thought this was a very tidy performance, a solid win. Watt was almost captain material today, if only he was able to perform like this consistently he should have this role!
Agree with some earlier posts, I had a bit of a curse at the TV when Hastie was brought on. We were 4-0 up, bringing on some of our own talent would have been the right move rather than who bringing on a Rangers reject who is doing absolutely nothing for us. But still, very satisfied today. I would say though the early stages of the first half were quite frustrating. I felt the Ross County box was quite chaotic, but we got the business done.