Season 2020’21: Game 10: Ross County (H)

Andy_P

Our turn:

One player tested positive, (on Tuesday & again on Wednesday retest)

no contacts identified by procedure *

rest of squad now being retested (Friday)

* I fail to see how this is possible, unless , the procedure simply doesn’t include contact at training 

30 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Our turn:

One player tested positive,

no contacts identified by procedure *

rest of squad now being retested (Friday)

* I fail to see how this is possible, unless , the procedure simply doesn’t include contact at training 

Possibly an injured player so wouldn’t be training or mixing with the main squad? I assume they’d be tested as a matter of course.

If it’s not this then I’m with you on wondering how it’s possible.

Edit: I see Ropy beat me to it.

Given that Lanarkshire has been reporting the highest rate of infection recently, a positive case was almost inevitable this week. 

Like others, I struggle to see how 1 positive case doesn’t lead to others isolating unless the individual hasn’t been been around the squad. There have been numerous examples of this though across the UK though. Fingers crossed we get the all clear from today’s testing and the game can go ahead. 

58 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

This is why clubs need to be careful when commenting on other teams situations.  Mo Ross's comments could come back to bite us if we ended up in a more serious scenario 

Why? He's still right.

If we have a more serious scenario it just adds more fuel to the argument the league needs a way to deal with this now. Otherwise we will have half a season left to play in April.

And if we breached any protocols, that should be dealt with too.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Why? He's still right.

Is , he? Or is it just his opinion that you agree with?

either way, youre a punter , you can do as you please

he's a club employee, he should be more controlled.

The absolute clusterfuck that was the end to last season was largely due to club employees  mouthing off instead of the business being managed , if Motherwells stance is punishment and forfeits then there are only two people I’d expect to hear that from and even then i would hope it was only shared after  ‘having engaged with the governing bodies’

id be shocked if , it is, as it would be a complete lottery of when a club is impacted and what points would then be gifted to potentially direct rivals for position, but then Scottish football does surprise quite often 

If we have followed the laid down protocol and that has resulted in nobody else requiring to isolate then surely that justifies the protocols being in place. Hopefully any investigation confirms that we are not at fault.   If Clubs don't follow protocols and games are postponed as a result, then they deserve to lose the points. And that includes us if we are in breach.

So it's not falling foul to CoVid that's the issue, it's how Clubs deal with it and mitigate impact. Kilmarnock appear to have been unable to evidence following the procedures and I suspect St Mirren might be in the same boat. That said, in St Mirren's case it might be all about the timing. We will have had time to have everybody checked and cleared twice  before  matchday, after the positive test was returned. Finding a positive on matchday does not provide that leeway.

But I agree with Brazillian. How nobody else is regarded as a close contact who needs to isolate is a mystery. Even an injured player would likely have contact with medical and physio staff. Maybe we just got lucky.

4 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Is , he? Or is it just his opinion that you agree with?

either way, youre a punter , you can do as you please

he's a club employee, he should be more controlled.

The absolute clusterfuck that was the end to last season was largely due to club employees  mouthing off instead of the business being managed , if Motherwells stance is punishment and forfeits then there are only two people I’d expect to hear that from and even then i would hope it was only shared after  ‘having engaged with the governing bodies’

id be shocked if , it is, as it would be a complete lottery of when a club is impacted and what points would then be gifted to potentially direct rivals for position, but then Scottish football does surprise quite often 

Wind your neck in , Ross was stating a totally non controversial opinion which only got picked up as it was a slow news day, ie no ugly sister stories, so club employee or punter makes no difference.

His point was correct, clubs know the rules at the start of the season, the SPFL signed up to the UEFA guidelines re 13 available players, but seem to have forgotten all about it.

Yes we have a positive test for 1 player, will the game go ahead tomorrow probably, will we take advantage as other clubs have done , no.

If the comments start a debate to get the SPFL off the fence to start taking control, then its worth it.

Again , spidering , on the information available you have just made all of that up based on your opinion, 

non- controversial opinion - ? See my response, you agreeing with it doesn’t make it non- controversial 

his point was correct- ?  Your opinion , shame his bosses are having to deal with his comments 

SPFL have forgotten rules -  ?   Keep shouting it , as it’s only remotely believable if all the other made up scenarios are proven, and I’d back any breach 

hopefully game goes ahead , other clubs have taken advantage- ? So you say

edit - this is the one that amazes me, who took advantage, St.Mirren? The club due to play us , but had a concerning positive result and isolated players to protect public and our entire club?  Yeah that St.Mirren who you and others shout foul play at , but only a few days later have another 4 positive cases ?   Imagine they hadn’t  took those preventative measures, 

his comments start debate , SPFL - they had already instigated need to take control 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Why? He's still right.

Agreed. He never said that clubs should not have coronavirus cases. It was about cancelling games which is an entirely different matter. Now, should we ask for a cancellation thats more concerning, but as far as I know we have not.