Season 2020’21: Game 10: Ross County (H)

Andy_P

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/10/23/covid-19-tests-come-back-negative/

Our precautionary round of Covid-19 testing has returned negative results for the entire playing squad and coaching staff.

After one player tested positive earlier this week, we took the measure of an additional round of tests to ensure the health and safety of all, including our weekend opponents Ross County.

With no-one other than our positive player required to isolate and no further Covid-19 cases, Saturday’s Premiership match will go ahead as planned.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Robinson said he gave Gallagher and O'Donnell three days off after the St Mirren game was off. I wonder if one of them is the infected  player as they would  have been away from the club and not mixing  before  being tested on Tuesday.

You could well be right there with the timeline

If one of them had come into contact with Stuart Armstrong in the Scotland camp?

We’ll find out tomorrow I suppose.

3 hours ago, Brazilian said:

Is , he? Or is it just his opinion that you agree with?

either way, youre a punter , you can do as you please

he's a club employee, he should be more controlled.

The absolute clusterfuck that was the end to last season was largely due to club employees  mouthing off instead of the business being managed , if Motherwells stance is punishment and forfeits then there are only two people I’d expect to hear that from and even then i would hope it was only shared after  ‘having engaged with the governing bodies’

id be shocked if , it is, as it would be a complete lottery of when a club is impacted and what points would then be gifted to potentially direct rivals for position, but then Scottish football does surprise quite often 

I agree with his opinion because he is correct.

I also agree he should be more controlled and shouldn't have spoken out in public. That is a different issue and should also be addressed.

As for forfeiting games, the way to implement it is set up rules with no exceptions. If you can't field a team at the scheduled date and time you have to forfeit the game. If you want to give the clubs a couple of byes then state that up front too e.g. you are allowed two postponements between now and the end of the season before you start forfeiting games.

I haven't seen any complaints with forfeits in the Cup because the teams understand it makes sense.

If clubs don't want to have an even worse end to this season than last, then they need to take action now. If that action is to take no action and just keep playing until we fulfill every fixture then fair enough. Say that now - it might be stupid, but commit to it and see it out with games in June, July and August. The clubs agreed to this combination of league and cup fixtures in full knowledge of all the risks. Now they need to mitigate those risks, just like every other business on the planet right now.

Almost every problem during this pandemic has been due to people not taking decisive action soon enough. The SPFL and the clubs are just muddling through and hoping for the best. If there is another called season in May, nobody can complain it's an unprecedented situation that nobody could predict.

We are not out the woods yet but a single case is a good look for us, it couldn’t have been transmitted through the staff otherwise there would be at least two cases.  Anyone could pick it up externally from a partner or a child, we can’t control those contacts.

13 hours ago, sinjy said:

Robinson said he gave Gallagher and O'Donnell three days off after the St Mirren game was off. I wonder if one of them is the infected  player as they would  have been away from the club and not mixing  before  being tested on Tuesday.

If it's Gallagher, then you're looking at a back four of 

Grimshaw O'Donnell Lamie McGinlay 

Picture that...

1 hour ago, ropy said:

On the basis that you need to spend 15 minutes with someone to be a contact it is likely that running around a park wouldn’t count.  Sharing a lunch table or a car like St Mirren are accused of would count.

This is the exact point. We have had a positive test but have clearly followed the distancing guidelines. 

The idea of a sporting bubble is nonsense for us anyway. Most players will live with a partner or parents who work or kids who attend school. It's all about testing and distance at the club.

36 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's all about testing and distance at the club.

Exactly.

The protocols primarily exist to reduce the chances of spreading the virus if someone does contract it. That's why players train and eat in "cells", travel separately and change before arrival etc. 

Anyway back to the match I see we are back to 4-3-3, which was on the cards after we signed Cole.

Cole, Watt, Long up top sounds like a decent front 3.