Season 2020’21: Game 10: Ross County (H)

Andy_P

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Great to be a goal up but we're not playing that well. A nicely crafted and taken goal though. We need to defend the wings better and the midfield is struggling; perhaps because of the formation? Could be along second half unless we up our game. 

Given the starting 11, I was slightly surprised with the formation.  Having said that, O'Donnell and McGinley should be capable of defending the wings.

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Great to be a goal up but we're not playing that well. A nicely crafted and taken goal though. We need to defend the wings better and the midfield is struggling; perhaps because of the formation? Could be along second half unless we up our game. 

Agree. Not great. Ross County pass these ball better or have so far. Long anonymous but Cole has been decent. 

I can see County scoring so another goal or two is a must 2nd half. 

Constant changes in team and lack of game time is showing. 

I have to agree with most of what has been said about the first half. Motherwell are slow and ponderous in the build up, second best with the accuracy of passing, County offering not a lot, Long not in the game. A difficult second half coming I think.

4 minutes ago, Bart Verheul said:

I never feel close to comfortable until we have a 3 goal lead and it’s the 91st minute

I'm just a glass-half-full-but-it's-cracked-and-starting-to-leak-on-me-but-I-have-my-thumb-over-it-and-chugging-it-quickly kinda guy.

• Haha 2