Tony Watt

livivoice

Yes, Saturday was just one game but Watt's all round performance was to me reminiscent of a certain Tommy Coyne. 

Intelligent, creative, great touch, good linking with others, eye for goal and a bit of devilment.

Yup, Watt needs to string a number of performances before he can consistently be me tioned in the same breath as The Cobra but Saturday could be the start.

Down to you Tony.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to confess, I had my doubts that he would be any good for us., but he has proved me wrong. He has added the hard work and application to his undoubted ability and thoroughly deserves his new deal.  Here's hoping he doesnt rest on his laurels and maintains his fitness. If he does, we will have a serious player on our hands and bigger clubs might come calling again.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:13 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

I have to confess, I had my doubts that he would be any good for us., but he has proved me wrong. He has added the hard work and application to his undoubted ability and thoroughly deserves his new deal.  Here's hoping he doesnt rest on his laurels and maintains his fitness. If he does, we will have a serious player on our hands and bigger clubs might come calling again.

Totally agree happy to say he has proved me wrong outwith Alan Campbell I don't think another player busts a gut for us as much as Tony Watt does hope he keeps it up and pushes on.

I think Watt may have found a club he genuinely fits and has a connection with. The obviously didn't happen for whatever reason at St Johnstone for example. He really is bringing something to the game and is a focal point. Delighted he has earned himself a new deal and that I, like many others have been proven wrong.