Season 2020’21: Game 11: Livingston (A)

Andy_P

5 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Good to see the introduction of the not good enough, never a midfielder Barry Maguire wasn't a large enough handicap to prevent us winning the last two matches.

I thought he was gash against County and said so but he did very well against Livingston.

Maguire has shown well. As others have said, I like the "keep it simple" mantra. Something that really impressed me about O'Hara as well, especially in the County game. Havent seen a Centre Half put the ball in the stand so many times in donkeys years! Just clear lines and get back into position, lovely lol

9 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Maguire has shown well. As others have said, I like the "keep it simple" mantra. Something that really impressed me about O'Hara as well, especially in the County game. Havent seen a Centre Half put the ball in the stand so many times in donkeys years! Just clear lines and get back into position, lovely lol

Exactly!  In the dim and distant past when I played at full back the rules laid out were:

1) When in doubt, kick it out.

2) Don't cross the half-way line

3) Take a post when defending a corner.

42 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Exactly!  In the dim and distant past when I played at full back the rules laid out were:

1) When in doubt, kick it out.

2) Don't cross the half-way line

3) Take a post when defending a corner.

Full backs take the throw ins.  Surely.

16 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I would also add that the top players in England are sucking out the profits from mega TV deals. Many are earning absolutely ridiculous salaries.

Depends how you define ridiculous I suppose?

Are we only talking about the guys on £200k a week? What about the folks on £100k, £60k? For normal people the idea of someone getting £30k a week is pretty mental.

Despite all of that, it's the market that set that rate. Covid might facilitate a reset........... but don't hold your breath